I hated SSC I brought it back to the shop next day after purchase, I was just looking for something sim like to use my wheel on, but this wasn't my cup of tea at all, the FFB IMO felt really alien with fake canned effects.
In my opinion SCC is better than GT5 in two points: Force feedback and the 'feeling' of the car (mostly due to weight transfer). Driving a DBR9 or a Ferrari 250 was always a thrill.
I can't remember what cars I drove, I drove a good few because the cars behaved fairly differently from each other. I can remember driving an Aston Martin, an old ferrari I think and a few more. I know lot's of people like this game for the very reason I hated it, but I gave it a good chance and it just wasn't for me. I have no interest in racing cars or supercars , I just wanted something to try out and read SCC was realistic.