How fast can you lap Trial Mountain?

• Thread starter Lexijag
  • 121 comments
England
England
Hi fellow GT2 fans :)

I've got my Playstation 1 out I'm really getting into the game again.

I'm wondering how fast you guys can lap Trail Mountain, and what car you did it in.
I'm pretty sure I can get an impressive time using the Accord Type R running on 223 bhp with sports tyres up front. I'll get photographic proof later and share it ;)

What do you think the best road car to do it in is?

Anyone else up to having a little bit of an informal competition? :cheers:

Full upgrades,
205HP
1999Ibs
Racing super soft tires.
Transmission auto set to 5, some minor adjustment to 5th gear.
No suspension tuning was done, just the fully adjustable suspension left at stock settings.
Analog steering.

1:27.727, I feel i could have done better had i kept doing more laps but i just said forget it after lap 8 haha.

Sure thing! Trial Mountain is one of my favourite tracks in GT2, and the 30 lap endurance race there is one of my favourites as you can enter it in a starter car and have a good competitive race, especially if the Lotus Elises turn up :)

What're the rules re: types of car to enter?

Sure thing! Trial Mountain is one of my favourite tracks in GT2, and the 30 lap endurance race there is one of my favourites as you can enter it in a starter car and have a good competitive race, especially if the Lotus Elises turn up :)

What're the rules re: types of car to enter?
Rules? Road cars only, modified cars allowed but let us know what you've done to the car :)

Okay, sounds fun! I have a stock Pulsar GTI-R bought after the one I used for Project Pulsar became a race car.

OK, I took the Accord Type R out, and my best was 1:41.793, with definite room for improvement.

The car's been remapped and is putting out 223 bhp, and is using normal tires at the rear, sports up front. I will provide photographic proof of this when my laptop lets me upload the pictures...

Okay, I Have another time id like to post but i have a video with it as proof. I'd like to get the video up with the time but i cant right now since uploading anything sucks up all of my internet and I'm not the only one using it. Ill have it up later though! :D

Im Using the CRX Si, again.
This time its completely stock, normal tires and all
155HP
2173 Ibs
Normal Tires
Watch in 480P Or higher for best quality.

1:42.328

Bloody hell! You drove the wheels off that!
Here's proof of my lap:
2ic32hv.jpg

Lol thanks!. The CRX is almost the only thing I drive. the only thing I don't like about it is its very tall 3rd gear, which takes a long time to get into and doesn't have too much pulling power because it spends to much time below 7000 RPM.
Other than that, my favorite car!

I only seem to use the Accords right now...that EDM Type R you see there is a right belter from 5,000 RPM upwards (typical vtec) but the tamer versions seem to be a lot more flexible in how they deliver their power. I'll give my SiR-T a go on the track and see what it can do next...

Alright, for Trial Mountian, Lotus Elan S4 Sprint '71, with:

Racing Flywheel, Sports Tires, Sports Suspension, and Racing Chip

I'll take a 1:39.984 on lap 7, fun trying to control these old cars!

Here's my take on the fastest lap competition - the CR-X is absolutely stock. Best time achieved at lap 5 - 1:42.170.
lap_time.jpg

And here's another try, this time with an E55 AMG, completely stock. I felt I could go even under 1:36, but I was too tired to go on.
benz lap time.jpg

Last edited:
1:40.1 with Mugen CR-X Pro, all stock.
Very good caar, able to go 1:39 with luck.

I'll try the stock CR-X Si and maybe upload a video in the weekend.

Last edited:
That tiny thing is also able to go 1:39, seems pretty much equal with the mugen pro version. Mugen feels bit heavier but bit more power.
Yeah, it sure can, I must improve my driving in the last sector though, I can't go fast through the last two corners.

P.S: Yes! I finally went under 1:40
lap_time3.jpg

P.S2: I know you only said road cars, but I've decided to give the Sillhouette Skyline a shot too. Supersoft tires, damper bound/rebound set to 6, gearing set to 16, stabilizers both set to the max, front aerodynamics set to 0.60.
Best lap - 1:12.021
lap_time4.jpg

Last edited:
Holy hell guys, just for giggles I tried the CRX, and it's a CHORE to get it to 1:42! Much respect to anybody getting it under 1:40! Scrub any speed anywhere and it costs you so much.

I'd like to share a tip for a faster time here at this circuit - you can save some precious miliseconds if you cut that corner before the long tunnel. Careful though - turn in too soon and you will hit the wall at the end of the short tunnel, which will ruin your lap. I also try to drift a little through Turn 5 (at least when I drove the CR-X I did that), cause I found out it's actually faster that way.

:)

Yeah, I was getting 57mph drifting turn 5 and 85mph going into the long tunnel, but overall I forgot how tough normal tires and suspension can be. I definitely had a few more corners to work out, but I'm still going to say getting under 1:40 is pretty awesome. I might be able to get to 1:40.5 from what I've seen so far.

This is a fairly active event, mind if I join the action?

I managed to get a pathetic time of 1:43.356 in a standard CRX.

I'm Not sure about a 1:39 time, the fastest i could get the CRX to go,Completely stock, this includes tires, is a 140.358.

I really had to work for that time, so many laps, restarts, wall hits, ect., that 1:40 was,at least in my opinion, near perfect.

It just will not go any faster on stock tires, at least from my experiences with it.

Let's see if anyone can beat my time of 1:36.426 in a stock Mustang SVT Cobra '98. :sly:

Back