How good we be in real life?

Nope, not in normal cars. In looking for that page though, I was interested to learn that a lot more people die in NASCAR, which is interesting when you consider F1 drivers are much more exposed, and their cars more vulnerable, especially tires and suspension. I guess they recently mandated use of head and neck restraint systems after 17 months of carnage. But in such boring races I imagine crashes are the only thrill.

It's also worth noting that F1 racing is the most popular in the world. The creme-de-la-creme as it were.

F1 racing is not that popular here in America. I haven't seen a F1 race on regular tv in years. It's mostly NASCAR, CART or IRL racing. Once in a "blue moon" they will show a TRANS AM race and once a year they show the LMP, GT and GTS race from Laguna Seca.

Thank God for SPEED CHANNEL!:D

cart is f1 there u notice if i always say formula 1 indy race carts... in all the arguements of indy cars or f1s... their formula 1 indy race carts... their not cars and also rally is on almost every night on the speed channel... thats like the main channel i watch

and doesnt f1's race on daytona??? and their constantly going over 200mph

and LS is on all the time in the motorcycle races...

and theirs at least 3 cart races on in the time im awake... 11am to 2am..

Um - not the most coherent post I've ever read.

I think you'll find there are substantial differences between Formula 1, CART and IRL cars.

Heh - I remember watching F1in 1990 thinking 'I could do that - no problem' - then I saw ultra-slow motion footage of Jean Alesi in a Tyrrell at Monaco, and you could see him, inside the car, making minute and deliberate adjustments to a car that was power-oversteering and ended up missing the outside barrier by about two inches - all this while car bucked and pitched over an uneven road surface. To see this at full speed, you just saw the car flash past.

I dropped any illusions at that point - it's one thing to win a go-kart race amongst your mates, but these guys are so far above even the better than average driver it's not funny. Even Alex Yoong would serve me my backside on a platter if we raced head to head.

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
cart is f1 there u notice if i always say formula 1 indy race carts... in all the arguements of indy cars or f1s... their formula 1 indy race carts... their not cars and also rally is on almost every night on the speed channel... thats like the main channel i watch

and doesnt f1's race on daytona??? and their constantly going over 200mph

and LS is on all the time in the motorcycle races...

and theirs at least 3 cart races on in the time im awake... 11am to 2am..
Is this an actual post, or is this "word jazz"?

Four wheels and a wing at either end do not make Formula 1 cars, CART cars, and IRL cars the same, no matter what you care to call them.

Originally posted by milefile
Race drivers are strapped in very tightly, especially F1 drivers.

I've been strapped into a Formula Koenig race car, for measuring.

Breath-in, son. -- Sssstrrrapp! -- Can you breath out?

No!

Good, you're set.

Originally posted by sn00pie
I've been strapped into a Formula Koenig race car, for measuring.

Breath-in, son. -- Sssstrrrapp! -- Can you breath out?

No!

Good, you're set.

Heh - I sat in the aforementioned 1990 Tyrrell Ford (first high nose grand prix) at a motorshow in Melbourne quite a few years ago. I'm not a big guy, 5'10", not particularly wide shoulders, and I was fairly slim at the time.

Being a 1990 F1 car, it had three pedals and a H shift to the right of the wheel. I have no idea how the drivers actually drove the car, because I couldn't move my feet, and I could j u s t move my arms. Apparently grand prix drivers from that time were skinny dwarves.

Current F1 drivers aren't exactly massive - Justin Wilson causes several problems as he's 6' tall (not exactly out of the ordinary for the average male). Schumacher is 5'5" I believe.

A couple of lookalikes of Schumacher & Hakkinen (with their "wives") showed up at the Birmingham Motor Show a few years back - my girlfriend was totally sucked in by them and followed them round everywhere (they did look A LOT like them). Then I pointed out, loudly, "But that guy's my height... Schumacher's a banana-faced DWARF!" (I'm 5'10 as well... :D).

It was funnier at the time. I promise...

Back