How good we be in real life?

F1 cars (like the drivers) are also have to be way tougher than their NASCAR counterparts. They undergo enormous strains throughout the race. Constant acceleration and braking at full power. Amazingly high forces are acting on the car and there are huge temperature changes when the car pits in and goes out again!

You can't compare the technology involved.

Well i'll just mention one thing, i've been playing driving simulators for about 3-4 years avidly. I've been driving for 8 years. I learned more about my car driving it. I learned more about racing, from the games. Half of the things I have learned over time are thanks to some sort of game, or entertainment. I just kept practicing at it in real life untill I got it, so both simulation and real driving.

F1 stats:

0-60 MPH: 2.7 sec
1/4 Mile: 9.4 sec @ 181.0 mph
Top Speed: 220+ mph
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 1.95 lb per bhp
800 bhp at 17500 RPM

I'll let you dig up the Pontiac Grand Am stats.

Well you have to remember they're wearing HELMETS, so the air isn't traveling out of the helmet at such speeds as to do so. Maybe if you were without a helmet, because a human being can't have dry eyes for x amount of time, or permanent damage is done.

Originally posted by milefile
F1 stats:

0-60 MPH: 2.7 sec
1/4 Mile: 9.4 sec @ 181.0 mph
Top Speed: 220+ mph
Power-to-Weight Ratio: 1.95 lb per bhp
800 bhp at 17500 RPM

I'll let you dig up the Pontiac Grand Am stats.
a rocket powered dragster can do 0-100 in 0.5 seconds, i'll let you scare yourselves with some more frightening (not) stats.

hey im just kidding with u guys, clearly rocket powered cars aren't renowned for their turning circles though forces in f1 cars couldn't possibly be at a constant 9g's cause they'd need special g suits for that. the line of dicussion started to get a little exagerrated so i threw that in! :D

It has to do with the centrifugal force. Not wind.

braking has nothing to do with centerfugial force...

It has to do with the brakes slowing the wheels which makes the car slow down, the car slows down and forces your body to slow down, which forces your head to slow down, which forces your eyes to slow down, which forces the water in your eyes to slow down... Get it? nothing about a circle and outward momentum.

With a helmet, there will be air in front of your eyes, air that is not going anywhere, air that is not creating a vacuum that would suck the water out of your eyes(without a helmet, your face would press the air forward in front of your face, when you stopped, that air would not, and it would create a vacuum). If there is enough force to bring water out of your eyes it isnt signifiant, especialy scince when you accelerate you will get that water right back.

That is of course, only speculation, as all of that other drivel was.

And yes, driving an oval course is tough. To get a simple glimpse of this, take a car in GT3 that is tops out at exactly the same speed as an AI car (good to do it in a specific make race). Now try and beat them, you wont unless you keep in the pack. It works nearly the same way for NASCAR. You must keep cars near you to go fast, you must leapfrog off cars to pass, to say it is easy is stupid, remember that other drivers are out there too, trying to go fast too, and trying to keep you from going fast.

Oooohhhh. It's actually negative G's. Moron. Which is all inertia and the same thing. Get it. Duh. According to your reasoning slamming on the brakes in a car would not make your body go forward because it's not exposed to the air. Clearly wrong.

Suction and vacuums are not necessarily related. Just because he used the word "suck" doesn't mean there is any vacuum involved.

And oval racing is boring. Zzzzz. Get it?

Get it? :rolleyes:

Oooohhhh. It's actually negative G's. Moron. Which is all inertia and the same thing. Get it. Duh. According to your reasoning slamming on the brakes in a car would not make your body go forward because it's not exposed to the air. Clearly wrong.

Suction and vacuums are not necessarily related. Just because he used the word "suck" doesn't mean there is any vacuum involved.

ROTFLMAO. I will say what has been said before, once more,

MILEFILE RULES:dopey:

Actually the closest and most exciting finish I ever had was on the Test Course. 29':xxx" and I won by 0.2xx". It was a lot of fun and very interesting. The strategy involved was a learning experience.

Whoever said that the different kinds of racing where like different peaks said it right. In computer game terms, F1 is very tactical like, say, Diablo. It's all about the moment and the lighting reactions. NASCAR, on the other hand, is more like Warcraft - strategic, all about planning and resource management. Different things paddle different peoples' canoes.

It's not that one is inherently better than the other. They're just different. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I can't say I hate it. I do have respect for the drivers and the cars, although low-tech, are well built and interesting.

In fact, that's one of the things that make it more interesting to me. Formula 1 and related GT racing is so hyper-technololgical and expensive that they bloody well ought to be going 300 miles an hour for all that. I can't relate to it. Having changed cams and rebuilt 4-barrel carburetors myself, I can relate to the NASCAR cars.

Of course, the only two races I watch are Sears Point and Watkins Glen, usually.

My most exciting race was also on the test course, won by .086 seconds in the beetle cup, had to keep the drafters begind me from passing me after the final turn, barly made it.

Ye, its actualy negative G's. And according to my reasoning your body would go forward, the thing is, that there is no reason for the liquid in your eyes to go forward more than your eyes would, as there are forces keeping the liquid in. Your eyes might as well pop out of their sockets if there is enough force to suck out the liquid out.

I agree, blizzard is great, but Diablo isn't. I'd much rather play a game that wern't 2D sprites in a 3D environment. I prefer any of the other Blizzard games personally.

Diablo2 kicks ass. It's to bad it got hacked to hell, back in the day on Us-East, I had like the second best PvP necro on all of the realm, only one guy that was better and I admit he waxed the floor with me everytime. I beat everyone else though pretty religiously.

Originally posted by Goumindong
Ye, its actualy negative G's. And according to my reasoning your body would go forward, the thing is, that there is no reason for the liquid in your eyes to go forward more than your eyes would, as there are forces keeping the liquid in. Your eyes might as well pop out of their sockets if there is enough force to suck out the liquid out.

Again. If what you say is true, blowing a pile of salt off a table would blow the table away, or better yet, when someone cries their eyes would fall out. Tears are fastened to they eye by their own adhesion. Eyes are secured in the skull by bone and muscle.

is there some forum about being doctors??? cuz that is where this should be

the one thing i listened to in science this year...
inertia is momentum... the reason people die in car ''accidents'' when your going like 30 to 0 in who knows how fast your body keeps going forward causing u to hit the stearing wheel or the windsheild

then when you accelerate your pushed back into the seat because the car is trying to move you from a dead stop

get it?

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
is there some forum about being doctors??? cuz that is where this should be

the one thing i listened to in science this year...
inertia is momentum... the reason people die in car ''accidents'' when your going like 30 to 0 in who knows how fast your body keeps going forward causing u to hit the stearing wheel or the windsheild

then when you accelerate your pushed back into the seat because the car is trying to move you from a dead stop

get it?

So if you go from 200mph to 70mph in less than a hundred feet, and your entire body, including your head, is essentially immobilized, the few things that can move forward, will, like your tears.

Got it.

how is your head immobalized??? your entire body would slide forward and whatever isnt held back well have that whiplash whatever effect

did u know if u went from 80 to 0 instantly your seatbelt will go right through u... odd eh

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
how is your head immobalized??? your entire body would slide forward and whatever isnt held back well have that whiplash whatever effect

did u know if u went from 80 to 0 instantly your seatbelt will go right through u... odd eh

Race drivers are strapped in very tightly, especially F1 drivers. I know many NASCAR drivers wear a head restraint to eliminate whiplash. From what I heard, if Earnhardt was wearing one he might still be alive. But anyway all you can really move is your arms and legs and your head to some degree. So the car stops and your body stops because it is strapped to the car. The liquid in your eyes would tend to stay in motion. I bet when they make sharp turns their tears streak accross their faces.

Back