How long will you withstand GTS without adding new racetracks?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 62 comments
It is known that adding Deep Forest do GTS as soon as possible is a goal to PD.
Unfortunately, in PD dictionary that could be years.
A few days ago Kaz himself mentioned they have a GTS model of the track but the coding isn't running error free for new, it seems.

Also, apparently it's easier for them to make new fictional tracks rather than update the old ones, as they present huge discrepancies in terms of scale of some elements and so, when put on GTS/PS4 code.
So, expect Deep Forest (because is Kaz favourite track from original GT) and no more, including Grand Valley nor Trial Mountain.

I love Alsace, Dragon Trail, Nurb GP and Suzuka, to me the game feels like a long way from getting boring, although, I welcome the addition of new tracks.

Don't think it matters to me as every race in Sport mode is fun. Just pick up and play.

Only people with problem Would be the ones who play it all day.

It is known that adding Deep Forest do GTS as soon as possible is a goal to PD.
Unfortunately, in PD dictionary that could be years.
A few days ago Kaz himself mentioned they have a GTS model of the track but the coding isn't running error free for new, it seems.

Also, apparently it's easier for them to make new fictional tracks rather than update the old ones, as they present huge discrepancies in terms of scale of some elements and so, when put on GTS/PS4 code.
So, expect Deep Forest (because is Kaz favourite track from original GT) and no more, including Grand Valley nor Trial Mountain.
among other things, deep forest was one of the classic tracks of GT4 recycled for GT5 / 6, so luckily he's coming rebuilt from scratch for GTS apparently.

Just give me a bit more variety on the dailies in the meantime.
DT is good but not every day, same with suzuka, inter and nurbGP. Then again, I'm not a fan of the real tracks for some reason.

Lemme have another play on yamagiwa+miyabi!

Always quality over quantity for me, would rather see a few good tracks in the next few months done well, than a load of not very good tracks

I just finished my rig build. 43 in screen on custom stand for optimal placement right up to wheel base. Steering wheel size matched, max zoom, seat height 3 . It's like a whole new game and tracks :). I can withstand a bit longer longer.

If you have a PC, Raceroom Racing Experience is a blast and has a great tracks selection now, all implemented very well: http://game.raceroom.com/store/tracks/

But it's a different overall experience from GT Sport, as are the other sims you mentioned
Yes, been reading about the PC side of things, race room is most interesting, but, going to stick to PS4... space and $$.
Hmmm... I have a new full zoot Alienware laptop... there is probably a way to make that run the tv...
Thanks... more decisions :).

I've made this comparison a few times, and I stand by it: GT Sport is a lot like Star Wars Battlefront II for me. Not with the awful loot box stuff obviously, but underneath that dramabomb, there's a fun, addictive online experience in SWBF2. I've found myself playing it a lot since being gifted a copy. So long as the teams are fairly evenly balanced, I have fun with it: a good fight here or there is more enjoyable for me than trying to get the top score in any battle. There aren't many maps, but it means I know what's there better.

Sound familiar?

GT used to be about experiencing car/track combos I'll never get the chance to in real life. I still like that approach, which is why I enjoy FM7 — it's the GT4 of the modern generation. But they both cover two different aspects now, which is great for me. I'm not playing Sport everyday, but I'm playing it more often than I thought I would prior to release. A good, close race can be its own reward.

I think the track roster issue is exacerbated by the rally and oval count. With Sport Mode being the main draw, rally is out, and ovals are pretty boring in GT3 or one-make situations.

Between Lobbies, GT League, Custom Races and VR, I'm inventive enough to create my own fun for a long time. And that's not including Scapes Photos, Race Photos and Livery Editing.

Took me a while to get used to the new Virtual-only tracks, but now that I have, I really like them. Big time.

I am thinking that Big Willow isnt in the daily races because it doesnt have FIA Grade 1 accreditation. It's the only reason I can think of as to why PD linit themselves in sport mode.

IMHO, PD in GTSPORT is not using properly the, limited, amount of tracks they have in the game...

For example the first slot of races are always in tracks that are too short and (based on personal opinion) BORED .. i'd like to have a N200 or N300 race on NORDSCHLEIFE ..

IR

I don’t feel like I need new tracks immediately the ones provided are still enough for now. But I would really like to finally see the Big Willow Variations and the Rally Circuits in daily Sport Mode. It really feels like driving the same tracks every day, i don’t get it.

I'm not really bored of the current tracks, but there are some tracks that really should be in the game. The Nurburgring is the only legendary track we got. they should AT LEAST put Spa, Monza and Monaco in the game. Its the standard for any racing game

If you're bored with all the existing tracks already I can't imagine adding a handful of new tracks is going to do much to help that. Maybe consider you're just bored of 'vanilla' racing games in general?
Some players play games like completionists, they want to unlock stuff or at least beat stuff. For them the game is done when everything is gold. And this can be done quite quickly by a decent driver (or a dirty driver who knows the best ways to bump into cars). Having more content is needed for them.

GT League added something, but its severely lacking in content.
- 2 Pro leagues is by far not enough. You surely want to have some more higher end races.
- Not enough variety within single brand races. 2x a roadster, a clio and tt race? What about races dedicated to a skylines, the f40 etc? There is plenty of cars with good status
- No difficulty setting? With the current AI difficulty and quality they surely could create some harder versions of these beginner leagues. That way they also could have avoided having 2x the roadster league. For difficulty they could have given the other cars some additional HP and reduce their weight to improve their speed. But this all seems to be lacking. Its bad when in the 2nd lap you already manage to reach first place with 4 laps remaining. Its not going to be an intense race. Its good for beginners, but at least give the better racers some chalenge they will like.
- No rally races.
- No tournaments?

Even for drifting i find the content lacking, its always the same section, yet some tracks have a lot more places suitable for drifting. Previously you could at least set the event to full lap. There should be done something here to allow more drift options. Those 2 turn events are too quickly becoming boring to me as its just a restartfest.

And what about the weekly chalenges that GT6 had? Use X car, reach X time to unlock a car. It doesnt even have to be a car on that, either extra credits or miles would already be a nice bonus, and give a perfect 'online' chalenge for those who dont want direct PvP.

For a completionist this game lacks a lot, and once done and lacking new content for weeks, they can quickly become bored.

Im at only 35h of driving (and 40 hours of livery editor with it), and i already see that there lacks a lot of content.

I love Alsace, Dragon Trail, Nurb GP and Suzuka, to me the game feels like a long way from getting boring, although, I welcome the addition of new tracks.

I'm ready for more.

I can deal with Alsace, but don't really like the reverse - in fact I tend to avoid the reverse layouts at most circuits. The tracks I'd choose to play in a race are: Alsace, Maggiore, Blue Moon, Brands Indy, Brands GP, Dragon Trail, Yamagiwa, Yamagiwa+Miyabi, Mount Panorama, Nurb GP, 24H & Nordschleife, Suzuka GP and Tokyo East Outer - that's 14 out of the game's 42 layouts, so any new layout represents a 2% increase in options, but a 7% increase in my potential enjoyment if it makes that shortlist! :D

New tracks are welcome of course, but those tracks we have now are mostly great. Can't wait to take my 300hp GT86 to the Deep Forest, Midfield Raceway and the Trial Mountain, but the wait could be long I know. :)

I have to disagree with the assessment that "the tracks we have now are mostly great."

There are basically 7 tracks worth diving in GTS - the real world tracks. And even those are missing true greats like Monza, Spa, La Sarthe, Fuji, Silverstone, and Laguna Seca. It's absolutely inexcusable for a game that aims to be a real racing experience to be missing some of the best tracks out there. The track list in this game is a joke, if I'm honest.

I know, I know, at about this point someone is going to be saying, "but what about all the invented tracks." Well, frankly, the imaginary tracks are soulless entities that are just plain not fun to drive. I've never driven any imaginary track that gave me the same joy as hitting Eau Rouge perfectly or coming through the second Lesmo corner at Monza hot and then blasting through Ascari at the end of that straight before almost drifting through parabolica. And don't even get me started on how much better Laguna Seca's corkscrew is than any made-up track ever.

The made up tracks are challenging and technically demanding at points, but they are somehow very empty compared to the real tracks.

Now, I'm not about to stop playing GTS; it's still a great game. I just wish that with its focus on being more like real racing they would have, you know, focused on real tracks.

I have to disagree with the assessment that "the tracks we have now are mostly great."

There are basically 7 tracks worth diving in GTS - the real world tracks. And even those are missing true greats like Monza, Spa, La Sarthe, Fuji, Silverstone, and Laguna Seca. It's absolutely inexcusable for a game that aims to be a real racing experience to be missing some of the best tracks out there. The track list in this game is a joke, if I'm honest.

I know, I know, at about this point someone is going to be saying, "but what about all the invented tracks." Well, frankly, the imaginary tracks are soulless entities that are just plain not fun to drive. I've never driven any imaginary track that gave me the same joy as hitting Eau Rouge perfectly or coming through the second Lesmo corner at Monza hot and then blasting through Ascari at the end of that straight before almost drifting through parabolica. And don't even get me started on how much better Laguna Seca's corkscrew is than any made-up track ever.

The made up tracks are challenging and technically demanding at points, but they are somehow very empty compared to the real tracks.

Now, I'm not about to stop playing GTS; it's still a great game. I just wish that with its focus on being more like real racing they would have, you know, focused on real tracks.
For me it's simple, if the track is fun and challenging to drive I'm fine, no matter if its real or fictional. Real tracks can be boring as the fictional ones, and fictional tracks can be fun as the real ones. That's just me. :)

Back