How many cars do you have and why

  • Thread starter Thread starter SabreMK42
  • 96 comments
  • 6,223 views
I now have 951 cars including...
5 1988 Volvo 240GLT
4 1990 Fiat pandas
2 TVR speed 12
2 blitz d-spec r32
2 Jensen interseptors
3 Ginetta g4
3 Subaru Impreza super touring cars
 
Got pretty much every car in the game.

Got 1048 cars/1033 models now.

Only missing 12 models... And well, 13 with the X1 Prototype which I will never get...

And I really want the Camaro LM Race Car soon... It's been a very long time since i've seen it...
 
Got pretty much every car in the game.

Got 1048 cars/1033 models now.

Only missing 12 models... And well, 13 with the X1 Prototype which I will never get...

And I really want the Camaro LM Race Car soon... It's been a very long time since i've seen it...

Oh man I want your garage. Especially for those DLC cars. There is a Camaro LM Race Car in my UCD right now and I have an X1 Prototype. I'd give them up in a heartbeat for your garage. :lol:
 
I have 780 or so. Almost all of them are unique (only own one of them), though I have a few accidental repurchases (some of us were playing before the update that added the check mark beside cars we own), a few were repurchases because adding an oil change gave you too much horsepower for the original Seasonals, I was buying multiple liveries for the Formula GT, Ferrari F2007, and Ferrari F10, and I own a dozen or maybe two dozen Ferrari F40s to sell for cash if I need it (received them at no cost to me). Probably 750 of them are originals (only one of them).

I'm still working on acquiring them all.
 
J3SHF
420 cars so far and that's without me duping any.

TBH the cars in my garage are ones that I wanted to buy first, I liked to buy rare road cars first and i've only just round to buying the LM race cars.

The only car i can't stop buying is any version of the BMW M3, now have over 30 of them though only six get used for racing online.

^ i had this problem with the Camaro SS, i bought i dont remember 14 or 15 stockers? I had to stop once i started forgetting which colors i had.. but regardless.. i think i have about 272 cars.. intend to purchase another SLS or something within the next few minutes.. i have multiples of cars i like (for instance 4 LFAs) and only one of my cars has below 100 horsepower (a 2010 Insight).. i do admit to owning two CRZs tho
 
1537 :) Many reasons.. Tunes.. Dupes.. have all standards.. many variations of unpaintable standards.. 3 of many cars just to have gold and silver chrome versions ;) :)
 
Last edited:
Feel free to check the garage in my signature, but as a summary, I have:
1,002 cars / 992 unique models
Duplicate cars are:
1. BMW Z4M Coupe '08 (x2) - first one is mildly tined, second car is tuned for drifting
2. Chevrolet SSR '03 (x2) - love the truck in real life, first one is highly tuned, trying to also get one in all available colors
3. Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 (x2) - one is tuned for racing the seasonal events, the second is stock
4. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (x2) - painted the first one in Gold Chrome, the second is stock
5. Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '93 (x2) - bought the first one before tracking my garage very well and seeing it was a prize car, the second was the prize car
6. Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car (x2) - bought the first one before tracking my garage very well and seeing it was a prize car, the second was the prize car
7. Pagani Zonda R '09 (x2) - painted the first one, the second is stock to retain the bare carbon fiber look
8. TVR T350C '03 (x2) - first one is stock, bought the second for a paint chip and I guess I just left it in my garage
9. TVR Tamora '02 (x2) - first one is heavily tuned, second car is tuned for drifting
10. Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 (x2) - the first one is mine, bought the second to trade to a friend just before PSN went down

Why? Trying for a full garage with all possible models (but like others here, probably don't have the skills to get the X2010 Prototype).

Will be adding plenty more duplicates (Camaro SS '10, Furai, GT by Citroën, etc.) when I can - because I love having all these cars that I'll never have in real life!

Peace...
 
603 they are either cars I like or cars i wanted to try or prize cars, there are some factory different color duplicates I have started to hunt for every color holden atm.
 
About 67 cars. I'm not into the whole car collecting thing, i'm saving for the expensive stuff now. Maybe some time i'll start buying more cars.
 
I have about 130 I think...and I buy cars that are useful...I don't waste my money on expensive cars, I like the cheap cars that are unique...why spend 20,000,000 on a car when you can buy about 1000 cars for the price of that.
 
I only have about 80 cars in my garage :) I'm pretty sure I have one of the smallest garages in here for someone who's been playing the game almost since day 1.

Why only 80??? Because... well... I only want the cars that I truly like :) ... that's why you don't see, for example many Japanese cars in my garage... I don't like them enough to buy them... (ex. from all the 1782781 Skylines I only have one :))

When mexico makes a global icon of a car, it will be featured in a game. Until then, Korea has Mexico beaten.
 
I've got almost 900, been trying to collect all the standards as I've never done that with previous GTs (mainly because I was too busy doing the many races, got more time on my hands with GT5!).
 
I have 1039 cars. The reason for this is simple... the game has a short play life (Off-line) and the driving physics in GT5 are without a doubt the best. So, driving as many cars as i can is what i like. The only thing i like.

Missing the 6 Stealths because i didn't want the rest of the crap that came with the pre-order considering the price.
Don't have the Toyota Game Stop NASCAR, Chevrolet Camaro SS Edge Special, Chromeline Jaguar XJ13 or the Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special).

If these 10 cars that i'm missing come up as DLC (laughs to self) at a reasonable price, i will buy them also just to complete the set.
 
Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I started playing from the beginning again. (My old PS3 broke and won't read Bluray discs.) I can't remember for sure how many vehicles I owned because I hadn't been playing much for a few months before I got started again with a new system. (I could have switched over my saves if the PSN was up.) I think I had around 400 cars. On this play-through, I think I have around 200.

I like buying every car I find interesting. There are some I haven't driven. I have a few favorites. I bought a couple Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600s even though I won one as a prize car. (I want one.)

Premium cars are really great and I like buying them as a first option. I will buy a car, apply an RM (wish all premiums had RM) and then buy another version of it, which I can drive and have a totally different experience. The tuned cars in the premium dealer are neat and are all totally worth checking out as well.

The used car dealership is in my opinion, a fun addition/distraction in the game. Collecting the cars is part of the fun and because of the mechanic of the UCD it can be kind of interesting and inspire curiosity. Sometimes I'll buy a car only for the paint. Sometimes I won't buy a car in the UCD because of the paint and wait for the color I want. After a race I wonder if there's an interesting or rare car in the UCD.

After I buy a car I like to watch the demo of the car and read all about it.
 
Last edited:
About 1085 and still missing some... Lately I've seen a few 0 miles cars in the UCD, the last I bought was a Veyron...
 
I have just over 600 right now.

I want the 1000 car trophy.

I've driven quite a few of them, and hope to give them all a race or two.
 
I have 152 Premiums, and 55 Standards, which adds up to 207 cars. I have them all for various reasons...winning them, tuning, excitement, bragging rights :p, etc, etc.

The largest quantity of a car I have is the Suzuki Cappuccino RM, which I now have 4 of. :eek:
 
I have a small garage of about 40 cars. I don't believe in cluttering up my garage with a bunch of cars I don't find interesting. Seems like a waste of credits which then is a waste of my time - not to be insensitive to those who gotta collect 'em all.
 
My signature explains it.
 
At least 1 of all models, a few I have minimum of 2. Just because I like them so much.
 
I have 1,105 at the moment. I bought an Orange coloured X2010 yesterday. I wanted to collect all the 1,031 cars in the version of the game I have. Two cars were through trade and I either bought or won the rest. Now I am doing engine and body rebuild on those I got in OCD or UCD that have over 3,000km on them. My aim is to drive each car at nurb and la sarthe.
 
I currently have 251 standard & 200 premium cars thats including RM bringing my total to 451. I won"t be buying any more standars, but my gold is to own every premium car
 
1270 cars here. All cars in the gm plus many different color variations of different models.
 
I have 1453 cars. ( 354 honda ) :)

Different color an setup.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have 500+ cars.
5 Lamborghini Murcielago SV,
3 Lamborghini Gallardo,
4 Nissan GTR SpecV,
4 Lexus LFA.
I collect them in different colors.
 
I have 200 cars, at A35-B37 with 5 million in the bank, no grinding. I still want that F1-2007 though.....
approx 1/3rd of my cars are all premium exotics, & some standards FGT, Veyron(<== which I'd love to take to a destruction derby), X2010, BMW V12, Audi A8 LMR, Ford GT40, many historic sub '69 models, Rally cars. Every NSX, every Lambo, & 1 Nissan: the GTR Academy.

I don't care to buy the remaining 800 $15-30K Japanese standards, sorry PD.
 
Last edited:
I think I'm just over 200, I buy the cars because I feel that they're nice, or I just want to try new things.
 
Currently I have 36 premiumms , 1408 standards and 161 gift car tickets (in my main account).
Total: 1605 cars

Why , I want to own one of each model.
And for various reasons I collect low cost , high mileage cars and the opposite , low mileage cars.



MadMax
 
I actually like this thread because it lets people look at eachother's garages. My reason is collection addiction.
 
Back