How many of you will continue to play GT6?

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 156 comments
United States
Louisville Ky
RlNSKY I is an L
With PC2 and FM7 just being released and GTS just around the corner how many are just staying with GT6 and the PS3 until they pull the plug on the servers?

I like GT6 and apparently I'm not the only one because the online rooms are full of people on the weekends and during the night on weekdays. I spend 90% of my time offline car collecting and working on test & tuning, then I'm online twice a week with a group of around 15 people who I just met doing 400pp to 550pp racing. Lots of fun.

Since I have no interest in the new direction Grand Turismo has taken and I'm in no rush to run out and buy the Xbox to get FM7 on release day I was just curious on how many others were doing the same thing and still going to enjoying GT6 until the end.

Still going to be creating modded courses till servers get shut down, in the middle of doing Maple Valley atm.
Not buying a 1X till after the new year (hopefully cheaper or with a bundle) & at least any teething problems will (hopefully) have been sorted out with Forza 7 & PCars2 by then aswell.

With PC2 and FM7 just being released and GTS just around the corner how many are just staying with GT6 and the PS3 until they pull the plug on the servers?

I like GT6 and apparently I'm not the only one because the online rooms are full of people on the weekends and during the night on weekdays. I spend 90% of my time offline car collecting and working on test & tuning, then I'm online twice a week with a group of around 15 people who I just met doing 400pp to 550pp racing. Lots of fun.

Since I have no interest in the new direction Grand Turismo has taken and I'm in no rush to run out and buy the Xbox to get FM7 on release day I was just curious on how many others were doing the same thing and still going to enjoying GT6 until the end.
Even though the Seasonals got repetitious, I’ll miss them. GT6 will be hard to use as a offline game. Sic transit.

Even though the Seasonals got repetitious, I’ll miss them. GT6 will be hard to use as a offline game. Sic transit.

Thousands of people still post up times in the seasonals. With GT6 being on the PS3 and GTS on the PS4 and going a completely different direction hopefully they keep it online for a long time because its looks to be the last GT game that will have a huge roster of production cars. But History has shown us that its not very likely to stay online long and that will be a very sad day and the end to a great era of classic GT games.

Since I can't afford a PS4 and PS+ right now, I'll definitely stick around. What happens after they shut down the servers will depend upon my financial situation and what folks are saying about Sport. The whole online thing with Sport baffles me. It seems like PD hasn't fully understood the fact that not everyone has high speed internet ( or can even get it ). And I don't always like racing online with folks. I think I would be quite pleased with PD of they just did a patch or something that would let me save my GT6 CM tracks.

Since I can't afford a PS4 and PS+ right now, I'll definitely stick around. What happens after they shut down the servers will depend upon my financial situation and what folks are saying about Sport. The whole online thing with Sport baffles me. It seems like PD hasn't fully understood the fact that not everyone has high speed internet ( or can even get it ). And I don't always like racing online with folks. I think I would be quite pleased with PD of they just did a patch or something that would let me save my GT6 CM tracks.

I absolutely agree with you. A lot of people are baffled as to why PD decided to focus on such a niche market for online competitive racing and then giving the rest of its fan base the middle finger by not including some kind of updated offline career mode along with a stout car and track roster.
By keeping GT6 going it at least gives us the ability to still play GT the way we like it and without losing the online lobby, seasonal event and the ability to play or make custom tracks. If they force us to buy a new platform and completely different game then right now Xbox one and FM7 would win out for me. Hopefully they are smart enough not to completely cut off a large portion of their fan base but if they do at least we have options.

I love the car list. Ive got somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 premium cars no doubles I like driving cockpit view so only buy cars that have detailed Interiors and I still don't own all the premium cars yet. I haven't messed around the that track creator any because Im into custom tuning at the moment but I do enjoy trying out the tracks people come up with.

I spent ages grinding out cash to buy all the 20M cars and the slightly cheaper ones. Was worth it. They all have way more character than any of the cars in gt sport. Even driving them slowly around the ring is a sublime pleasure. When the demo finishes I will delete this sad modern pretender and plug the PS3 back in to play the king once more. Can't wait! Plus without all that advanced particle light physics garbage I will be able to see through the windscreen again for all the race without struggling to make out the track.

A lot of people are baffled as to why PD decided to focus on such a niche market for online competitive racing and then giving the rest of its fan base the middle finger...

Ironically, they also gave the middle finger to loads of people who like online racing when they dropped Shuffle racing in GT6, & they've just done it again now; they've decided to get rid of the Tuning Prohibited option in GT Sport. So many online racers use it, & PD have just dropped it. It's really quite unbelievable!

No games on PS4 even come close to the sheer amount of options for online racing, let alone the huge car & track roster. I think My PS4 will be retired, & I'll be going back to online racing in GT6 on my PS3 for the foreseeable future.

£50 for a game with limited options, 80% less cars, & hardly any tracks at all; plus £50 a year for PS Plus to race online? PD & Sony can sod off!

:lol:

VBR
Ironically, they also gave the middle finger to loads of people who like online racing when they dropped Shuffle racing in GT6, & they've just done it again now; they've decided to get rid of the Tuning Prohibited option in GT Sport. So many online racers use it, & PD have just dropped it. It's really quite unbelievable!

I just don't understand their logic. I for one love tuning but others don't so why not give players the option. Why they insist on removing or leaving things completely out from GTS now is just baffling to me.

I will probably still play GT6 from time to time, least so until the servers are shut down. Though I imagine the majority of my attention will go towards GTS, as there's certainly plenty to keep me interested as I've been intrigued by the direction PD went with GTS. I was initially rather pessimistic about the whole thing (and in some ways I'am still), but I've kept my expectations grounded, and as a result GTS has very much impressed me to be honest.

However I won't abandon GT6 yet, as there's still life to be had there yet, least not with the QM's and online racing, which is where I usually reside these days.

As long as servers are on I'll continue to play. Then I'll wait for a proper GT7. For sure I'm not going to buy a PS4 for that GT Sport.

DriveClub is actually not a bad distraction. I've been playing it a bit in the company rec room and while it's far more into the arcade side of things it still has a certain flair to it which i'd usually only expect from GT.

And it still has by far the best looking weather effects of any racing game. Actually, the best weather effects of any *game*. Driving in the rain is a big visual pleasure. I'm hoping so badly that when GT does come with rain on the PS4 it will look at least as good as DriveClub does.

Fun fact: The DriveClub devs ran an unlocked FPS build on the normal PS4, and it was consistently hitting 40-50 fps. I can only assume that it would run at 60 on the PS4 Pro, so GT has no excuse to look worse than DriveClub when weather/TOD comes :>

Are there any news about the servers of GT6. Will they be online after release of GT Sports ?!?!

Greets,
thorfynn aka Michael

Fun fact: The DriveClub devs ran an unlocked FPS build on the normal PS4, and it was consistently hitting 40-50 fps. I can only assume that it would run at 60 on the PS4 Pro, so GT has no excuse to look worse than DriveClub when weather/TOD comes :>

That's extremely interesting! Do you have a source for that?

Are there any news about the servers of GT6. Will they be online after release of GT Sports ?!?!

Greets,
thorfynn aka Michael

There is no news on how long the servers will run although they will still be up after GT Sport releases. Generally speaking its somewhere between 6 months to a year for the previous title. I'm just guessing tho know one really knows. You can bet it will be front page news on this site when they get the word the servers are going down.

VBR
That's extremely interesting! Do you have a source for that?

I can't find the exact quote, and i've been looking for an hour. I thought it was in a Digital Foundry interview. I'll keep looking - I swear i've seen it before.

Here's some allusions to an OPM interview which isn't online anymore which gives some hints:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...nt-a-given-there-is-a-hell-of-a-lot-going-on/
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...lshock-4-sixaxis-significantly-more-accurate/

Check the absolutely 100% rock solid utterly straight line at Digital Foundry:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-driveclub

Another tidbit at DF:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-driveclub

All of the interviews hint at the dev having tried to reach 60 FPS all throughout development, even after release, only "giving up" on it once the weather build was released. I can only assume that this alludes to the internal build i mentioned before, where they were hitting 50-ish or more fps somewhat consistently, they were just having problems keeping the game running at 60fps solidly and did not want to sacrifice visual fidelity for it.

Remember that the game runs at native 1080p. No upscaling, dynamic resolution or other tricks.

I can't verify anything said in this blog:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

But if even half of it is true it's a pretty gigantic step up from the otherwise rather static environments of most other racing games, including GT and Forza.

If i do find that article i mentioned i'll let you know! I think it was in some (full) interview, but i can only seem to find snippets of interviews at the moment. I think you can see the pattern forming though. If only Evolution was still around, i'm 100% sure we may have seen a 60fps DriveClub build for the PS4 Pro.

I will keep on doing the Seasonal Event time and drift trials until the servers end, Quick Matches that allow for my own car, and other miscellaneous things (most of which involving vehicles with some relationship to the Chrysler Cooperation).

I'll continue to do the seasonal events, & I will still log in everyday. But I will most likely play GT5 instead because in my opinion, it's a much better game overall & there's no bloody Stockyard. Almost 4 years after, and I'm still not happy about the stockyard.

I'll continue to do the seasonal events, & I will still log in everyday. But I will most likely play GT5 instead because in my opinion, it's a much better game overall & there's no bloody Stockyard. Almost 4 years after, and I'm still not happy about the stockyard.

I definitely see your point on how the stockyard can be a pain. I don't use it because I only buy the premium model cars and I think they will all fit in the main garage. I can't stand the low quality standard cars with no detailed Interiors so I will not buy them. That's my main complaint with GT6.

I definitely see your point on how the stockyard can be a pain. I don't use it because I only buy the premium model cars and I think they will all fit in the main garage. I can't stand the low quality standard cars with no detailed Interiors so I will not buy them. That's my main complaint with GT6.
That's what I'm currently doing. Slight different, but I'm moving all my standard cars to the stockyard then just having the premium ones in it. GT6 is still a good game overall, but the stockyard has ruined it. Pain in the bum to collect cars & to sort them out.

I'm still come back to this game just like any other GT game. I just hope they will keep the online mode for a while.

Back