How many of you will continue to play GT6?

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 156 comments
At some point all free online gaming will come to and end on the PlayStation. Sony should just figure in the cost of online play when you purchase the system and do away with the monthly or yearly subscriptions. This way it still remains free without having to pay extra for it. Sadly it won't go that direction thought.

I just started GT6 about a month ago. :lol: I'm so far behind the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

Somebody on this page mentioned a "proper" GT7 will eventually be released. If so, I'll probably just skip GT Sport and go for 7.

I just started GT6 about a month ago. :lol: I'm so far behind the rest of the world. :rolleyes:

Somebody on this page mentioned a "proper" GT7 will eventually be released. If so, I'll probably just skip GT Sport and go for 7.

I can't believe your just starting GT6. It's a great game to still be played but you did miss out on some good racing when it was online.

Understand that PD is very slow when it comes to releasing a new title so don't expect to see a GT7 on the PS4 at all. GT7 if there will even be one would most likely come out on the PS5.

GTS is a game that has and will continue to grow and could very well become a GT7 over it's 5 year run. If you get a chance to get it someday pick it up. It has that GT feel that people will notice right from the start.

Have fun on your GT6 Expedition. Many of good memories to be had. :cheers:

I suppose I will still play now and again. As I posted in the server thread, I fired up to play for the first time in months to find that that the servers were down. In general I suppose I mostly prefer time trials, running solo laps to take a breather from daily stress. After all the AI has never been the game's strong suit, but my online experience was usually worse. So at least I can still set the Nurburgring 24 hour course to 4:30 AM and drive around for a while.

I can't believe your just starting GT6. It's a great game to still be played but you did miss out on some good racing when it was online.

I know, I'm really kicking myself for missing the online stuff. It's so stupid they have to take stuff offline just because another game comes out though. 👎 I don't get it. I suppose it's a money issue?

Basically, whatever game is current, you've got a limited amount of time to get involved with its online component. So if you're a slacker like me, you'll miss out altogether. And I'm not really all that much of a slacker. I just love GT5 so much, it took me awhile to get to the 6th game.

Have fun on your GT6 Expedition. Many of good memories to be had. :cheers:

Thanks. I tried GT6 years ago when it came out (the base game, not online) and found the physics are definitely sharper, in comparison to GT5. But I was disappointed by the AI. It seemed like during A-spec races, they'd all follow each other around like a train, rather than competing amongst one another as they did in GT5.

Well, when I started GT6 for the second time, I was surprised to find that PD seems to have fixed this. Maybe one of their updates fixed this? Even early in the game, cars do sometimes gang up on me, and each other! I was surprised to find myself addicted to Gran Turismo all over again.

Does GT6 always include "just" 6 cars per race, by the way? Or does this number eventually increase to 10? 12? 16? That is one thing that I really like about 5, it's got more cars-per-race. You get the feeling that you're almost always in traffic, even if you screw up and slide off-track, it's not as easy to wind up in last place, know what I mean?

I think PD had to cut back on this perhaps, to get better graphics? That's my guess.

Does GT6 always include "just" 6 cars per race, by the way? Or does this number eventually increase to 10? 12? 16? That is one thing that I really like about 5, it's got more cars-per-race. You get the feeling that you're almost always in traffic, even if you screw up and slide off-track, it's not as easy to wind up in last place, know what I mean?

I think PD had to cut back on this perhaps, to get better graphics? That's my guess.
The number of AI cars increases up every license level, Max of 16.

@Sertsa, @Parnelli Bone, if you guys want to race against people come and check out the AI HUB. We set challenges for people to race using the offline events.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-ai-hub-events-now-closed-new-round-coming-up.320606/

This is a copy of a past event, give you guys an idea.

BUDGET RACER
Whoosier Rule ON. Event designed by bjl23
Winner gets Design-An-Event Ticket (any National Class Race Event)

Venue: GT National Championship - Race 1.
Objective: Fastest finish. Player must win.
Vehicle: Any eligible car under CR 10,000. (Dealership Price)
Regulations/Tuning: As per GT6's In-Game regulations for the event.

LEADER BOARD

bjlapril2_zpscp6eryk3.jpg

bjl23: YARIS F (J) '99 - 3:48.816

OH okay, so there are more cars-per-race eventually? Sweet!

I almost wish I hadn't asked that question now; I usually try to avoid spoilers. But I just HAD to know if more cars show up! :D

Thanks for posting those series, I'll get more involved with this game as summer rolls around, and I have more free time.

Let me ask this one, though. Okay, I notice that PD brought back some restrictions again. We can't enter the Sunday Cup with soft sport' tires, for instance, we're now limited to hards. Also, the licenses actually matter again. The game won't let us progress until we bronze them, right?

I like restrictions like these. They were missing in GT5. I like the fact that PD is saying "you want to progress in this game? Sure, but are you good enough yet?"

Granted these sort of limits won't matter to most of us here in this forum ... the game is already too easy if we actually put our car right at the PP limit, and actually use hard tires in the beginning races.

So my question is: how do most people feel about these limits? Have they been showing up here complaining that they make the game too hard? Or that they aren't necessary at all because they're not tough enough? Like I said, I actually like the fact that at least one major game developer is setting some kind of limits. Just .... something, you know?

Last edited:
Let me ask this one, though. Okay, I notice that PD brought back some restrictions again. We can't enter the Sunday Cup with soft sport' tires, for instance, we're now limited to hards. Also, the licenses actually matter again. The game won't let us progress until we bronze them, right?

I like restrictions like these. They were missing in GT5. I like the fact that PD is saying "you want to progress in this game? Sure, but are you good enough yet?"

Granted these sort of limits won't matter to most of us here in this forum ... the game is already too easy if we actually put our car right at the PP limit, and actually use hard tires in the beginning races.

So my question is: how do most people feel about these limits? Have they been showing up here complaining that they make the game too hard? Or that they aren't necessary at all because they're not tough enough? Like I said, I actually like the fact that at least one major game developer is setting some kind of limits. Just .... something, you know?
I like the restrictions they have set, although they are a bit easy. But then you can't make them to hard because if people can't progress through the game then they would stop playing.

Having said that a couple of weeks ago my ps3 stop working, so I got another but lost all my saved game data. Because the game is easy to finish it only took me 5 sessions to finish.

I like the restrictions they have set, although they are a bit easy. But then you can't make them to hard because if people can't progress through the game then they would stop playing.
Oh okay, I see. So there's no giant thread where gamers are complaining about these new limits, and they were demanding PD remove them, or whatever? :D I'm just curious how the community reacted to these limits, or if they even did? I'm into reading trainwreck-style threads. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your PS3. Yeah, my original fatty died in 2014. It lasted 6 years though, so (from what I understand) that's a long time, at least. Thing is though, I used to play a lot of other games on that machine, and also watched Netflix and used internet. My current PS3 is 3 years old, and I only play one game on it (guess) because I want it to last forever.

Oddly, my original Playstation, which I got way back in 2000, still works. I gave it to a friend long ago, and he still has it. My PS2 also still works. What is it about PS3s?

A couple years ago I accidentally dropped my PS3 super slim on the floor from about table height and it still works. :eek:

Unbelievably strong I guess.

Speaking of GT6, don’t play it anymore. Thought I would, but the PS4 age finally caught up. Rarely even turn on the PS3 though there’s still a lot of great games for it.

Oh okay, I see. So there's no giant thread where gamers are complaining about these new limits, and they were demanding PD remove them, or whatever? :D I'm just curious how the community reacted to these limits, or if they even did? I'm into reading trainwreck-style threads. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your PS3. Yeah, my original fatty died in 2014. It lasted 6 years though, so (from what I understand) that's a long time, at least. Thing is though, I used to play a lot of other games on that machine, and also watched Netflix and used internet. My current PS3 is 3 years old, and I only play one game on it (guess) because I want it to last forever.

Oddly, my original Playstation, which I got way back in 2000, still works. I gave it to a friend long ago, and he still has it. My PS2 also still works. What is it about PS3s?
The ps3 that just stuffed up was a fatty, I bought it when they first came out. Not sure how long that was but it's been a long time, and served me well.

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated thread for complaints, not that I've seen. Maybe in the archives?

I bought my PS3 fatty the day it was released and it lasted about 7 years with over half of its life never even being turned off. It was by far the best PS3 I have owned because all the slim models I've owned since then seem to die after 2 or 3 years.

Just redownloaded it and I can't wait to get into it

edit: downloading and installing the updates..... ugh i hate this process the most

Edit2: I finally got all updates downloaded and installed plus the "ingame install" @ around 5:00 AM est

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed the Gran Turismo franchise, having got copies of 1, 2, 3 and 4, but real life took over :-).

I'm now considering buying a second hand copy of GT6, but found out that the online servers are down.
The statement :
On 28 March 2018 at 12:00 UTC, the online services of the PlayStation®3-exclusive software “Gran Turismo 6” will come to an end. Prior to this on 31 January 2018, we will also end the distribution of downloadable content that can be used in-game.

Does this mean a fresh game won't even download the updates?
@Marc30599 post suggests otherwise, but i'd like to be sure the game is still worth buying.

And is it possible to get the other DLC that was released?

Thanks in advance!

I've always enjoyed the Gran Turismo franchise, having got copies of 1, 2, 3 and 4, but real life took over :-).

I'm now considering buying a second hand copy of GT6, but found out that the online servers are down.
The statement :
On 28 March 2018 at 12:00 UTC, the online services of the PlayStation®3-exclusive software “Gran Turismo 6” will come to an end. Prior to this on 31 January 2018, we will also end the distribution of downloadable content that can be used in-game.

@Marc30599 post suggests otherwise, but i'd like to be sure the game is still worth buying.

Thanks in advance!

Almost certain you will get the final build with all of the updates. The only features missing should be:

• Online rooms
  • Quick Match
  • Seasonal Events
  • Course Maker (major loss)
  • Data logger, or the function that allowed you to upload GPS data from a few real cars driven on a few real tracks (literally nobody used this anyway)
  • Daily Login Bonus which increased credit payouts
I think a second hand copy of GT6 is worth it. The game still has the most tracks and cars of any GT game except maybe GT5 which had a used car lot, so at least all the cars are available in GT6 if you have the credits to purchase them. You also get dynamic time and weather features on most circuits.

The statement :

Thanks in advance!
Yes you can get all the updates all 22 of them ranging between 32mb to 3GB+ each

The statement :

Thanks in advance!
What sort of DLC are you after ?, when you download the 22 updates do not download them all at once and you will have a nightmare. Try these steps below if your having problems installing the updates.

Step 1. Do the first 6 updates when the 7th update is just about to start, just press the O button to stop the updates from going any further.
Step 2. disable the internet.
Step 3. Start GT6 and let the updates to be installed on your hard drive.
Step 4. Once the updates are installed, go to out of GT6 then enable the internet again.
Step 5. Press on GT6 and do step 1 and 2 and step 3 again until all the updates are installed.

I am just starting GT6 all over again, until GTS gets more content like a lot more real tracks in the game.

I had to re-download the game since my old ps3 pooped it's pants, and I got the of the same content as before. Had to start all over again though. It does take a long time to download all of it.

Definitely still worth buying.

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

I read this was ending and figured I couldn't download the content. My PS3 broke and I bought a new one as I've got other games I play here and there.

Downloading...

^ Indeed true, but the game is what I'm after. Going again is never an issue.

Will concede, the lack of log in bonus will slow progress. But I'm in no rush.

^ Indeed true, but the game is what I'm after. Going again is never an issue.

Will concede, the lack of log in bonus will slow progress. But I'm in no rush.
I RE-finished gt6 again about 4 weeks ago. I used the KTM X BOW for a lot of the races, I ended up with about $4 million (I think) once I finished all the races.

Latest Posts

Back