How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
Im 28 have been into cars my entire life. Collected 10 years worth of car and drive magazines. Been to every car show you can imagine. Loved the fact that a video game was created that had everyday normal cars that my family had and I had seen before on the street. I started playing when gt released thanks to my brother having a job and being able to get it. He didn't let me play much. Most of my gt1 days were spent watching him play.

Gt2 was my gold mine. Contained every bmw I could think of and I actually was able to play it without my brother kicking me off his system too much. I have been playing all gts ever since.

42 :cool:

Started at the beginning with GT and bought them all on release day, including Tourist Trophy and GT5 Prologue. Most of my consoles - 3x PS2 and 3x PS3 - were bought primarily for the purpose of playing GT.

I am 38 and played them all from the beginning. I no more own a PS one and the GTs on it but a PS2 and 3 of course. Will be interesting how GT might develop on the PS4. I do hope better than on PS3. Hopeing for less cars but more racing and a lot of fewer bugs please!

39 (not for long...) and I've been playing since the original GT on the original PS. I've had all the main games and GT5P. I almost didn't pick up GT6 as I wasn't too sure it would be much more than GT5, but I was swayed by the inclusion of Brands and Bathurst.

On the down side, GT6 is slightly disapointing in how short the career mode is, "endurance" races, the lack of B spec, stuipd cone tests and the seasonals now being all TTs. Though it has to be said GT5 wasn't much cop until spec 2 came out, then it was great. On the up side the lack of extra content has seen me make more of an effort to gold all the licences and TTs which I would have never really bothered to do before.

It's all a bit hazy now, but my fave was probably GT3 or GT4.

Im 34 and have been play GT since day 1. I own every copy including the demos. I love cars and bikes so I also have the best motorcycle game created, Tourist Trophy.

19, first game I played with my brand-new PS2 waaaay back when was GT3 when I was 8 years old. I've loved the franchise ever since. Getting back into GT re-kindled my interest in cars and stuff, then I saw Initial D and I was like "hey I like that car" and I stumbled upon an AE86 on craigslist when I was looking for an RX-7! GT3's always gonna have a special place in my heart and always will :)

I turn 31 this month and have been playing since the first outing back in the late 90's on PSX. I can still remember playing GT1 well into the early hours of most mornings. Along with the first Metal Gear, it was my most anticipated game on the PSX and I really enjoyed playing it... even managed to convince my mum to have a go and I must say, she weren't too bad either :)

My fave of the series so far has been GT4... to me, it just felt the most complete game of the series. I liked the soundtrack (those Feeder tracks :) and Fischerspooner too!), the way PD had improved upon GT1's world map menu system, the driving missions, the tracks (Seattle and El Capitan especially) and also the graphics were pretty... erm... pretty, I guess. I've actually been meaning to get my PS2 out and try it again, but this time on a wheel, as I was always a pad user up until midway through my GT5 journey.

Now GT6 has been stuck in my PS3 almost constantly since it arrived, I just hope PD can do what it takes to make it the game that I feel it deserves to be.

30 here.
I started playing GT1 in 1998 along side my best friend.
He's since turned away from the GT series since GT4 and following GT5 due to the lack of customization and liveries we found in Tokyo Extreme Racer 3, NFS: Underground, and then finally the Forza series.

We were 14 when we started playing GT, and thinking about it, it has only really changed in car count and graphics. I've been good with GT's appearance since GT3, just really wanted some customization/liveries... You know?

Anyways, Got GT6 for the new Diablo's, VGT's, the new customization features with the promise that "More custom parts will also be added in future updates", the promised club racing, track creator, and new community features to come,

This may be the last GT I play depending on what they do from here on out and what new they announce for GT7.

But yeah, I've been playing GT for 16 years off & on I guess. With GT1, GT2, and GT3 being the most played (continued playing GT3 after GT4's release). GT4 coming next, GT5 afterwards as GT5 felt like GT3 with internet and more cars and tracks, and GT6 is GT4 with more cars & tracks.

Owned GT1 & GT2. Still own GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5, & now GT6.

I'm 18 (19 in a month), I've started in late '99 or early '00 I guess, when my cousin gave me his PSX and GT1 with it. I've been playing Gran Turismo ever since, and it's my favorite game since then. The only game I couldn't truly play was GT3

21, Played GT1 and GT2, then skipped the PS2 era entirely and came back with GT5 P, now after GT5, I'll skip the PS4 era entirely as well and after that I think I won't be gaming anymore when the PS5 arrives, I already feel too old for videogames and the industry has stalled.

I'm 29.

I've only started playing when I got my PS3 in 2010 along with Gran Turismo 5.

I bought the PS3 mainly as a Bluray player and Gran Turismo 5 was just something I wanted to try since it also worked with my Logitech G25.

I turn 53 this month and have played GT since the beginning. It is the only game that's been played on my PS3! I stepped it up with a DFGT Wheel after a bought GT5 and now I'm considering constructing a cockpit and a G27 Wheel.
It's my winter entertainment. When the weathers gets warmer I'm out riding one of the motorcycles or wrenching in the garage.

33 here, and been with GT since GT2 (played GT1 in a friend's house) and never looked back since. I remember in GT2 the most, even the songs by Garbage that still comes to my mind from time to time. I bought my first PS2 just as GT3 came out, and finally racing the then-new C5R, pure bliss! Then GT4 came and the Green Hell became like a bully to me, and now we're like best friends lol... Now I'm a dad myself and my 8 years old kid is on his second GT experience, his first being GT5... But I'm not ready to pass the torch yet, despite it's flaws (from the obvious to the not so obvious) I still like GT and above all I play for me, not for anybody else...

I am 26 and playing since 1999 GT1 was my very first game.Nice years with lots of fun.Who can forget the epic GT2 suzuki escudo and Cultus and off course the pikes peak.

I'm 31 years young, I played 1 and 2 to death, never got a PS2, so missed 3 and 4. Came back for 5 and just starting to get into 6. I think number 2 was probably the most played for me, but I don't think I've ever completely finished any of them. I play the bits I like and don't dwell on finishing all the boring bits!

I just got a GT-6 Birthdays Gift Car, ist a Citroen 2 CV... :confused:
Five Minutes ago, I got a GT-5 Birthdays Gift Car, ist the Mercedes 300 SL Coupe :)

I ve been playing GT since GT-3 on PS-2

And yes, I feel young enough... :lol:

Age 42, started with GT3, GT4, GT5P, GT5 and GT6. As a wannabe racer without the budget, it has been an awesome way to develop racing skills with the G25. Bought a new go kart at one stage, $4000, joined a track $300, got the trailer to transport $1000. Had to rely on another person to unload at the track. Went about 10 times and went back to SIM racing. More variety of cars and tracks and reset when it all goes to ****.

Yes GT6 can be better and hopefully will be with updates sooner rather than later. Looking forward to creating tracks.

48. Had GT3 many moons ago. Three years ago our lad dragged me into Game and I saw GT5 and thought I'd grab that for a go. Cleaned up with Gold just about all A 'n B Spec except the Endurance (only got 'round to doing a few of those). Now I have a wheel on a stand, have been playing every day for a couple of years and spent a wad on the GT6 Pre-Order Anniversary Edition. I absolutely love it.

Oh, the Lad started to play my GT5 when he was 9. He definitely drives for fun and tends to find the easiest way to win the challenges. I try to make it a challenge and go back and re-do races driving lower PP cars etc.

Back