How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
I did post in this a few years ago! I am now 63 and have been playing since getting a PS1 and GT sometime after it was released. I have every GT game that was released on the PS1 and PS2 from every Region. I even have the Dreamcast "game" that allowed you to play GT2 on the Dreamcast with improved graphics! I expanded my collection recently by buying the Asian (R3) GT6 to go with the UK version I bought on day of release. I managed a Gold on that Asia only Seasonal.

Well my recent birthday car will tell you my age. :sly:
93' Mazda 323F ;)

I played GT1 at a friends house awhile after it came out but my first official game was GT2.

Since then I've played GT3, GTC, GT4, GT5P, GT5 itself and GT6 which desipte it's shortcomings always keeps me coming back for more. 👍

I do hope you got to play Goldeneye as well, because that was epic. :)

It sure was. Surprisingly I had more game time with arguably that games spiritually successor, the original Perfect Dark. :D

I'm 17 and when I was around 3 or 4 I got my first Gran Turismo, the fantastic GT2. I played all games, but the ones I played most were GT2, GT4 and both GTs on PS3.

I'm 32. I only had a SNES and N64 in 1998, but I bought a memory card so I could play GT1 on my friends PlayStation. Sometime in 2000, I bought his PlayStation, GT1, and GT2 off of him.

Born in 1968, 46 now, Golded everything with all cars available and tuned in the garage on GT4, GT5 (Except to gold Vettel on Suzuka, but gonna do it, just one sec out of reach last try..... :-O ) And now GT6 with 100% on all trophies, 705 cars in the garage so far, all done on GT4, GT5 and GT6 without so called "grinding", which means a heap amount of driving to earn all those credits, and most of them earned on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in GT4, GT5 and GT6 !
Experienced Nürburgring driver, and starting to race there this season in RCN & VLN, V3 class :-D

25, been playing since 98. GT was my first PSX game because my dad wanted to play it (I wanted Tekken 3) but it worked out in the end.

I came close to finishing the original game but was using an unofficial memory card which died on me... I lost everything, it caused so much upset I skipped GT2.

I am 24 and started playing GT1 on PSOne in the age of 9
and when I chosen Manual transmission I always thought the car was broken since I didn't know at all what automatic and manual meant. :lol:

I'm 41, played gt4/5 but on a very casual/short term basis, playing alot more GT6 as I think they've done a decent job on the physics, the TT's and licenses hold most of the appeal, got some very quick friends who drive me on to improve my very average abilities 👍

my first game is gt2

oops sorry for double post..I'm 18, 19 in a few days.. started playing gt in 2000 with gt2 for ps one, still remembered that day until now..such a good old memories :)

Last edited by a moderator:
44 here, started from GT3 era.

Found here because my local forum was dying, and then I was pissed off by the PlayStation Forum, in which you can't even give yourself a proper name, and other very annoying stuff (one of them is they put funny titles on you, full of discrimination). At first I thought it'd be closer to the PD, so there could be more effective communications among fans and the game developer. It seems I was wrong.

:gtplanet: is a much friendlier forum with many helpful and enthusiastic members. :cheers:

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I found something interesting about the age. In my first thought, it'd probably be dominated by 20 to 30-ish fans, who are also the major customers of performance cars IRL. I'm surprised there're so many teenagers and older fans here. And I'm glad I'm not too old in the group.:D

I'm in the top league here - 62 years old. The first Gran Turismo on the PS1 was in fact my first game, and I quickly became addicted. I still have the original copy. I have had every GT game since - best one (graphics excluded) GT2.

My interest in GT led me into the world of games in general. I probably have about 200 games across different platforms. And would have owned many more which I have sold/exchanged.

When I am with my friends, of similar age or younger, I rarely talk about my shameful addiction.

I am 30. Been playing GT since GT1, 1998.

I still remember perfectly well the feeling of trying GT1 for the first time. I played nothing like that before. I was... WOW

42 and started shortly after GT6 came out. My prior racing game experience came by way of the Pole Position arcade game I logged countless hours on in the common room at UT Austin, go Longhorns!

I'm 26 and I started with GT4 on PS2. I got it as just a racing game when I wasn't playing FFX, and I loved the huge selection of cars over any other games. I was horrible with A-Spec at first because it was completely different from other racing games, so I had to use B-Spec to win money so I could learn the basics. Shortly after GT5 was out, I started going to online lobbies and got addicted to drag racing. Been that way ever since.

I'm 15. In 2002 or so my dad let me see gt1 and I loved it. It's a game I grow up with never played gt2, it was broken, when I got a ps2 I started playing gt3 only to get some months later gt4 and till now it's my most played game ever. I seriously was addicted to it. I also have gt5 and gt6. Gt5's shuffle I liked a lot. Easy, competitive racing. Gt6's physics are awsome and is the best yet I think

Latest Posts

Back