How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
While I'd rather not disclose my current age, I'll say that I have played Gran Turismo since I was 9, and I first started playing racing games with NFS III at the age of 4.

I am 44 and have been playing the GT series since 1997 with GT1. I've owned all of the GT games that were released in the US.

GT1 100% complete
GT2 98% complete (despite the fact I completed Everything).
GT3 100% complete (learned to race and drift)
GT4 100% complete
GT5P complete
GT5 94% complete
GT6 76% complete

Yes, I'm a 44 year old female, and I play GT.

I am 44 and have been playing the GT series since 1997 with GT1. I've owned all of the GT games that were released in the US.

GT1 100% complete
GT4 100% complete
GT5P complete
GT5 94% complete
GT6 76% complete

I am sure thats pretty unique!

22. Been playing GT since '97, and and will continue to play it probably many, many years after the last game comes out. The only games I'm missing are GT4P, GT 2000, and the Concepts.

36, played GT1 then didn't play again til GT5 which I found, initially, very frustrating having played Project Gotham and Forza on Xbox, so gave it up after 2 weeks, picking it up later when the Playstation Network went down and I couldn't play Call of Duty. Without that I probably would have given up GT all together.

22 and since GT5 day 1

I've always been an xbox kid back in the day, thank god I grew from that awkward stage of my life though......

Dare I say? I'm 39 and have played all the GT games thoroughly. I still have them all including strategy guides and unique hard back books.

I'll post a pic someday when I gather it all together... I have GT 2 sitting on the shelf next to me ironically.

When Kas was working on early GT games (1-2), I was implementing CFD in PC flight simulator games... Yes, I started in the industry at a very young age... Back when they hired talent over degrees, back when they knew the difference... The average publish back then wasn't much bigger than a dev studio today.

GT1 100% complete
GT4 100% complete
GT5P complete
GT5 94% complete
GT6 76% complete

I love females drivers...What is more, very fast female...;)

32, GT since '97. I previously did not fret over completion in GT games. Until GT Academy I was less serious about racing. Now, I don't have delusions of grandeur but hell, I do dream of racing on a team quite a bit.

I'm... well... much younger than anyone around here. I've been playing GT since the number 2. That's the time when i think that the Ferrari my friends (who knows a thing or two about car) said is the fastest car is nothing to an Escudo, and the GT-One TS020 proved me wrong right after i'm back from school. xD That Toyota is the best Cr i've ever spent in my life.

I've noticed that most of us are kinda old. Most of GTPlanet users must be playing since GT1/GT2.

Good old days... I think I was 16/17 when I first played GT1 soon after the PS1 was released. I remember it well since I got a PS1 and GT1 soon after my sister was born. Time does go by fast. It still feels like yesterday.

Back