Dev_Zero
First of all Pak, I don't like to be called a moron, MORON. You were stupid enough to quote me, so read the ****ing text. I was talking about A turn, not a hairpin turn. and even there downforce applies.
Ok, I won't call you a moron but you seriously should stop talking crap.
In GTR you can take lots of turns at full speed including the eau rouge, just like real life. Only when you go through a slow corner and smash the gas you lose control, you're rear wing and your fat tyres won't help you.
Dev_Zero
The GTR demo exaggerates every aspect of the cars. Fact is FIA-GT cars do have launch and traction control and big ass tyres. They do not easily spin out in corners.
The GTR demo does not exaggerate every aspect of the cars.
Where did you get that traction control fact from? They DO easily spin out in slow corners when driven by some rookies.
Dev_Zero
If you don't like driving assists in a JGTC car, turn them off. Don't act like a JGTC expert, because years of development has gone into those cars and they do have a huge amount of grip on racing tyres.
I turn them off but you can't change tyres, you're forced with arcade tyres.
And with the driving aids turned off it's still incredibly unrealistic, such a car is not that easy to control by a rookie. I can go on the straight 200+ kmph, pull the handbrake a few times while swinging, brake hard for a corner that smash the gas with full lock and go into a nice drift and all. THAT'S NOT REALISTIC.
With years of JGTC development you can't beat the laws of physics.
Dev_Zero
And stupid enough you make the remark "In the final version he won't be able to get such a time". LIKE YOU KNOW THAT. The final version isn't out, hasn't been played, so stfu.
YES I KNOW THAT.
YOU are the one who should stfu. In the final version you won't be able to get such laptimes, it's been said by a simbin developer you #$^t4. The demo is a alpha build, in recent builds they already get slower times.
Dev_Zero
And if it becomes more realistic, great, a FIA-GT game that's realistic. That should keep us playing for...five minutes? But taste is taste... But don't even try to compair GTR (demo) to GT4(P). All the money used for the development for GTR goes in the direction of FIA-GT cars. They don't offer such a wide selection as GT does. It's understandable the cars will be more realistic, but it's only that series.
I said in another thread that's it's understandable that GTR simulates the FIA GT better because it's simulating 1 league.
But that's no reason for having problems with the fact that I'm saying that GTR simulates 600BHP powered racecars better. :| It's not like I'm attacking GT4p, I'm only saying the racecars don't act like they should as opposed to GTR.
Dev_Zero
The physics engine in GT is just fantastic. It IS realistic. What you are looking for is an unrealistic difficulty. DIFFICULTY DOES NOT MEAN REALISM. If you want realism in GT, only use things that are available as standard on the real cars. There are much more factors included in real life that aren't in GT. Those don't have to be included in the physics engine, it's the cars. But to implement those, in a realistic way would take weeks for just one car. That's the thing with GTR, it doesn't offer so much, so they can spend more time on the cars. And even then, we're not sure IF it offers realism. And it will probably will be delayed.
I'm looking for a REALISTIC difficulty, I don't want to be able to swing my JGTC car around with the handbrake pulled and smashing the throttle in a hairpin without losing control. Those things shouldn't be too hard to implement, especially when you consider that PD has already made a realistic simulation (but don't release it cause it's to difficult for the mass)