How "Special" are PRO race Drivers?

• Thread starter Rich S
  • 426 comments
Do you know what sort of times you were running? I ran a 1:41.8 at the shootout on the regional series setup

My fastest was a 1:41.1, but I was consistently running 1:41.9- 1:42.2
Edit: I got a pretty good tow on the main straight on my fast one, and then another one up the hill.

My fastest was a 1:41.1, but I was consistently running 1:41.9- 1:42.2
Edit: I got a pretty good tow on the main straight on my fast one, and then another one up the hill.

Are you sure? You'd be running regional series top times with those sorts of times. Unless you have been racing before.

If you haven't, not to speculate. But I find it really hard to believe that you ran a faster lap time than everyone at the Skip Barber Shootout in 2010. And there was good talent there, so it's not like we were slouching.

Last edited:
Are you sure? You'd be running regional series top times with those sorts of times. Unless you have been racing before.

If you haven't, not to speculate. But I find it really hard to believe that you ran a faster lap time than everyone at the Skip Barber Shootout in 2010. And there was good talent there, so it's not like we were slouching.

I do track days and such with my friends at a local race track (Well, sort of local... Search Thunderhill Raceway). Im not sure what set-up it was, and I will say that the times probably aren't accurate, but are the closest to what i recall. I do know that i wasnt hugely fast, but the instructor said he was still mildly impressed. Im not trying to run a lie here or anything, but I did do it, and i KNOW i was 4th fastest.

I do track days and such with my friends at a local race track (Well, sort of local... Search Thunderhill Raceway). Im not sure what set-up it was, and I will say that the times probably aren't accurate, but are the closest to what i recall. I do know that i wasnt hugely fast, but the instructor said he was still mildly impressed. Im not trying to run a lie here or anything, but I did do it, and i KNOW i was 4th fastest.

Yeah I know Thunderhill. Nice little track really.

The people that were fast than you. Might I ask if you knew who they were? And did they have groved or slick tires?

Did the tyres look like such?

60395_1496572886778_1007772364_31399821_4740820_n.jpg

Back