how to claim your cars? GT Academy

• Thread starter sull
  • 351 comments
mjm23race
I hope the cars we get are brand new, not the ones I have already been driving in academy. Mine would be all dented up and mileage out from all the re-tries. I've been working them things like a rented mule. Beating them like a red headed step child.

They'll be new.

Don't give up, tweak some assists, I did like 20 tries and didn't gave up, if you seriously can't do it, download the 1st place ghost and follow it, you'll get better

Don't give up, tweak some assists, I did like 20 tries and didn't gave up, if you seriously can't do it, download the 1st place ghost and follow it, you'll get better

Bad idea, you'll lose the ghost after two or three turns. Instead just load the replay and watch it. Watch their lines and gears into and out of corners. You'll never be as fast as the top guys but you should get enough ideas to get gold.

Bad idea, you'll lose the ghost after two or three turns. Instead just load the replay and watch it. Watch their lines and gears into and out of corners. You'll never be as fast as the top guys but you should get enough ideas to get gold.

Yeah, maybe I said it wrong, since I did it early, I could follow it. :sly:

Yeah, keep at it. I'm rubbish and still managed a 1.34.2xx with a ds3 and automatic trans. Took me a while but eventually every lap got faster and faster. Golded it this morning, went to work, came home, loaded up a fast ghost replay and shaved almost 2 seconds off. I reckon with a few more hours I could improve still further. Need to get round to learning manual gears though...

I was using a stick with tc off and abs at 1.

I did the same ("stick" is controller or DS3, I assume) and managed to get under 1:36.000 by about a quarter of a second ... after 45 minutes. Then I saw the top players using active steering on strong, and someone else recommended leaving TCS at the default of 7 (just for the purpose of getting gold). I tried this for comparison's sake and it IS a world of difference.

Put active steering on strong, TCS to 7, ABS 1 and choose manual or auto (whatever suits). 10 minutes with these settings should get you gold or close enough to be encouraged. It's sad that it reduces the challenge of throttle control, but if the option is there...

Teflonicus
I did the same ("stick" is controller or DS3, I assume) and managed to get under 1:36.000 by about a quarter of a second ... after 45 minutes. Then I saw the top players using active steering on strong, and someone else recommended leaving TCS at the default of 7 (just for the purpose of getting gold). I tried this for comparison's sake and it IS a world of difference.

Put active steering on strong, TCS to 7, ABS 1 and choose manual or auto (whatever suits). 10 minutes with these settings should get you gold or close enough to be encouraged. It's sad that it reduces the challenge of throttle control, but if the option is there...

Great advice, I Golded it in 10 minutes. :)

GraphiteGB
Nope allready got it.

Still want the Lighter Race tuned GT-R as that car above is to heavy.

Two slow weeks till you can drive it...

The R35 GTA car is very nose heavy, supposed to be "tuned". I hated this car on the Cote d'Azur event.

So we have to gold everything to get the car of that section? Dammit.

Slashfan
So we have to gold everything to get the car of that section? Dammit.

Yea. Follow the advice above and it'll be done quickly, promise. Also, what happens with the demo now it's over?

opelgt1969
Might be like the last one (same as trial versions of games)
Shows Expired.

That would really suck if we don't get Motegi as DLC. Also, having Spa and Super Oval in GTA, might stir up interest in that DLC.

Back