how to claim your cars? GT Academy

• Thread starter sull
  • 351 comments
I'm curious to know if you will need to temporarily keep the GT Academy install, game data, game save or all of them to unlock the cars in GT5. What happens if you delete GT Academy from your PS3 before the cars are gifted to GT5?

Also what would happen to those people who played GT academy but don't own GT5 yet, will they get the cars? PD haven't really been clear about this at all.

To your second question, Yes they have:

Please note that the arrival timing of the prizes may vary slightly from user to user.
* Please ensure to receive your prizes during the following time period. If you do not start your Gran Turismo 5 game within the following dates, any uncollected prizes will become invalid. Prize Collection Period: July 4th, 2012 – January 25th, 2013

opelgt1969

Please note that the arrival timing of the prizes may vary slightly from user to user.
* Please ensure to receive your prizes during the following time period. If you do not start your Gran Turismo 5 game within the following dates, any uncollected prizes will become invalid. Prize Collection Period: July 4th, 2012 – January 25th, 2013

Good to know they're giving us a wide range.

Good to know 👍 Just got to figure out the answer to my first question now.

I just want to drive the leaf and gtr tuned car. Cant wait. And some it will be just another 8 cars that will collect dust in thier garages. I dont have dlc that why i cant wait. Got a soft spot fot the leaf.

Good to know 👍 Just got to figure out the answer to my first question now.

I would imagine just the save data will be needed. That has the information on how many golds you have so the GT5 game should just need to read that. You'd assume, anyway.

Yes, I wonder if golds gotten after the event ended count for getting cars. I'll see because on one of my accounts I only did event 7 tonight.

I just got my last gold in round 8, it says can't register my time, which is fine but I should still get my 370z tuned right?

I noticed this morning that the on the site the number of players, gold medals, retries and milage run still evolve. So it does seem they are still registered.

Yes, I wonder if golds gotten after the event ended count for getting cars. I'll see because on one of my accounts I only did event 7 tonight.

Yes, it counts, like the ended seasonals, you can do it even ended and get the prizes, i just download and made all golds just yesterday with the countdown in 0:00:00:00 and it says that i get the cars, looking foward to 4th july.

do we have to complete gtacademy to get the car prizes?? im wondering because i have 2 accounts now, of which only 1 i did gtacademy with, will i be able to get the cars on my other account? anyone know?

do we have to complete gtacademy to get the car prizes?? im wondering because i have 2 accounts now, of which only 1 i did gtacademy with, will i be able to get the cars on my other account? anyone know?

I don't know for sure. But I would guess No. You will only receive them on your Gold Medal account. You could (I think) still get gold on your other account and receive the cars there.

Thanks playnthru

D-prospect
tried but cant enter, it says event was closed july 1st

You can still do the events. I've improved a couple of silvers to gold just a few days ago. But, rankings do not change. As you said, the competition has closed. We can earn prizes until March 2013.

Quick question. I accidentally deleted my Nissan LEAF ticket (serves me right for trying to claim the cars from bed while only being awake for 5 minutes); is it possible for me to get that ticket back in any way?

MightyJordan
What he said. I checked my car delivery too, and it's empty. Is possible to receive it as a gift from someone then?

No if you've lost it you've lost it I'm afraid.

Back