how to claim your cars? GT Academy

• Thread starter sull
  • 351 comments
tam38gti
Yeah, keep at it. I'm rubbish and still managed a 1.34.2xx with a ds3 and automatic trans. Took me a while but eventually every lap got faster and faster. Golded it this morning, went to work, came home, loaded up a fast ghost replay and shaved almost 2 seconds off. I reckon with a few more hours I could improve still further. Need to get round to learning manual gears though...

Let me get this right, it sounds like you guys are saying you can download other players ghosts? Is this true and if so please let me in on how it's done?

Let me get this right, it sounds like you guys are saying you can download other players ghosts? Is this true and if so please let me in on how it's done?
Its done the same way its been done in GT5 seasonal. Go to leader board only top ten has replays (right now only 8 out of 10) have them not sure why I think its 7 and 8 don't. Anyway move arrow to one of top 10 (they will have a little camera icon beside them,hit enter, click save ghost replay then OK after that close pop-up window exit screen then back to start screen. You should have their ghost to race with. Their time should show as fast time on screen. You can also "save replay" and watch top 10 from main screes replay icon. Hope this helps you.

I thought I just read a clip somewhere that the prizes you win in gt academy will be available in GT5 .....AFTER July 4th.. That's AFTER July 4th so I am just going to wait and I'm sure as the date approaches or when it arrives, we will get info on how to receive the prizes in GT5

Hawkey_Dawg
I thought I just read a clip somewhere that the prizes you win in gt academy will be available in GT5 .....AFTER July 4th.. That's AFTER July 4th so I am just going to wait and I'm sure as the date approaches or when it arrives, we will get info on how to receive the prizes in GT5

The question: How to receive the prizes in GT5 is already answered.

Sorry i did not read all the post but do i have to gold all the races to get these cars or just participate each race ?

cj10
What does active steering do?
Btw i use g25

Its kinda an auto correct for oversteer. I think it's hard to drive with but apparently there's a lot of people out there that can go fast with it on.

It appears to me that active steering turns the front wheels independently of the steering wheel so as to minimise lateral slip at the rear wheels when oversteering. The setting dictates how much lateral slip the car will have at the rear during oversteer. It looks as though there is a limit to how much play it has in relation to your actual wheel position, which differs depending on which level of active steering you have on the car (which is why you can still spin out with it on).

I've only noticed it when under power oversteer out of a corner, but it may well be working on entry under braking also. Can anyone verify that?

I assume it would be available for use (outside the GT Academy game) as DLC rather than as a reward for GT Academy participants, as in that case the track wouldn't be (officially...) available to users in nations that aren't in GT Academy (like here in Oz).

If by Oz you mean Australia, gt-academy is available, they have a trophy ranking.The cars come on i think on July 4th or whatever, the last day for the academy.I don't care all the match about the leaf, it'll be cool just because you can then join those rooms online that are all hybrid races.Sometimes winning a race at 60mph is alot harder then 190mph:yuck:

Jav
Hopefully there will be a 370 RC at some point, yes I know! But I really want one of those! :P

You know, when the car first came out I really didn't like those fangs and made fun of them even. Now that they are gone I miss them! They actually gave the car a lot of character!

I know, it looks like it has a big gape now.

It does say on th gran turismo website. it says that the cars will be gifted to you appoximately 1 week after GT Academy ends. So its like July 4th and thats when you sign on and the cars will be available for you.

NFSCAMARO
It does say on th gran turismo website. it says that the cars will be gifted to you appoximately 1 week after GT Academy ends. So its like July 4th and thats when you sign on and the cars will be available for you.

For the millionth time, WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious to know if you will need to temporarily keep the GT Academy install, game data, game save or all of them to unlock the cars in GT5. What happens if you delete GT Academy from your PS3 before the cars are gifted to GT5?

Also what would happen to those people who played GT academy but don't own GT5 yet, will they get the cars? PD haven't really been clear about this at all.

Last edited:
Back