How to get a "Race Car"

• Thread starter godius
  • 164 comments
Ok, I JUST managed to win with the Bugatti, I got 5 in the fourth race and then second in the final race. With the other cars all finishing different position I managed to come out on top with 10pts! :D

I lost control in the fourth race and the other cars zoomed forward 12 second lead! The last race the first place car over took me in the last lap and finshed 7 seconds ahead! its ridiculous but you need to be on top of your game for these races!

Ok I don't know if the first race of In the Wind is a problem but I did it like this:

Fully tuned my Bugatti Veyron and adjusted it like this:
Transmission: max speed 400mph
Ride height front: -13
Ride height rear: 0
Brake balance front: 9
Brake balance rear: 9
Tyres: Race soft

Finished with second to spare.

2nd Event Indy circuit: Did this with the Corvette ZR + RM + Max Tuned. As many have mentioned above (thank you so so much), put the downforce to max and ride height too minimum. I adjusted the brakes so that it was full on the front end and 0 on the back end (not sure if thats how others did it but worked for me!) This didn't work for me for a while, until I realised my soft tyres were not equipped! Equipped them and my turning was fantastic. You should put the top speed in transmission to the highest setting too. Got very hairy, had to block off 2 cars right on the finish line, they bashed me after the race finished and my car crashed!

Thanks for this man. Won after 2nd go :)

Good read this thread im currently on level 15 and have not touched b-spec as of yet so its put me in a good posistion for the future

Best Get Rich Quick trick for me is American Championship at Indy. 98,000 in 5 minutes in a properly-modded ZR1 or Ford GT LM Spec II...

I am stuck now because i need an historical race car to compete with these 800 hp and gt40's in historic race car thingy. I have an lambo countach tuned to max but it's 500 and something hp just aint enough.

A 69 Camaro RM or 70 Challenger RM will do the trick. The Camaro handles a bit better, but the Challenger has more power. Your choice. I also recommend starting ahead of the Toyota 7.

Hey guys,

I'm in expert mode now, and I am in need of a Race Car, the normal cars, even a veyron wont do anymore against the Race Car opponents.

There are a few on sale but they are all like 4.500.000 credits, which i dont have (about 1 million now), and i dont feel like repeating a race 100 times to get it.

Is there any special challange, or something else where you get one given?

This info would help A LOT :)

Thanks!

Thats the name of the game play and play again. Best to do it on B-side so u can watch Tv and win money at the same time.

Like the Wind: Corvette ZR-1 RM. Make sure to fully tune it (880HP / 1100kg). You should have a top speed of ~230mph and just let off the gas for the corners at Indy. You should easily win and you will only spend ~$600k.

GT Allstars: Use the Minolta prize car from Like the Wind. Easy wins here.

Win Like The Wind on A-Spec and you'll get the MINOLTA. It's more than fast enough to win everything it is allowed to enter.

All others, its from B-Spec Expert NA series.

I got 3rd place from trial mountain with 350 top speed gearing.

Will try to upgrade it a bit and tuned it to max down force.

I hate those peugeot and r89 :D

Mazda furai concept did it for me, the AI are so terrible slow through the corners so you can easliy win with a 150-200 hp deficit. Get it from one B-Spec race, not sure which.

Like the Wind: Corvette ZR-1 RM. Make sure to fully tune it (880HP / 1100kg). You should have a top speed of ~230mph and just let off the gas for the corners at Indy. You should easily win and you will only spend ~$600k.

GT Allstars: Use the Minolta prize car from Like the Wind. Easy wins here.

Change the oil, mine has 918hp.

Back