How to get a "Race Car"

• Thread starter godius
  • 164 comments
The extreme series (probably gold) in A-spec give race cars (from GT5rs):
Like the wind : Minolta Toyota 88-V Race Car '89
Super GT : Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '93
Dream car championship : Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II

Do you know what the German Touringcar Championship gives?

In GT4 you got a CLK-GTR Race Car. Hope you get something similar in GT5.

On the first race of "Like the Wind" - Daytona Road Course, I used my Veyron (fully tuned to around 1200bhp) (you win the car in the pro league - can't remember which race) In the corners it's slow but it's much quicker than the opponents on the straights/banks. I won by 2,5 second.

Some might call it "cheating" but I used the Stealth McLaren on "Like the Wind" Indianapolis - fully tuned with everything! Adjusted downforce to max. and gear ratios a bit higher as well. You get beaten on the straights but in the corners everyone slows down and you can go full power into them without braking! The car will not slide out into the barriers. I won by 1 second holding a courage behind me :-)

And voila, you have the toyota minolta race car and the all stars event is almost a breeze :-)

I have tried the Like the Wind race with a fully tuned ZR1 with RM and still get owned after a few seconds. I have tried it with different top speeds so I have better acceleration but then their top speeds destroy me.

Does anybody have the exact twekas they did to tune their ZR1 and win the Like the Wind?

If all else fails, I'm going to grind my way up to Lvl23 and buy that darned Mazda 787. Then I'll show them!

make sure you have all the hp upgrades then set downforce to max on both front and rear. I also have the brake bias set to make front and minimum back to make it oversteer into the corners. And on transmission set so topspeed is 242mph (or eqv in kph)

You'll be really fast in the corners and can draft to get the lead but once you're there you will need to block along the s/f straight in order to win. that just worked for me.

I bought 2 stealth cars off eBay. Neither worked. I'm grinding it out. Going for the f1 at level 25 for 12.5 million. Found a race pays $83k at 5 1/2 minutes and 4700. Exp.

Don't bother, people are saying on NeoGAF that you can't use the F1 cars in A-Spec events.

make sure you have all the hp upgrades then set downforce to max on both front and rear. I also have the brake bias set to make front and minimum back to make it oversteer into the corners. And on transmission set so topspeed is 242mph (or eqv in kph)

You'll be really fast in the corners and can draft to get the lead but once you're there you will need to block along the s/f straight in order to win. that just worked for me.

Thank you so much man - it worked! 👍

I beat the first race with the Veyron and then pulled off the second with the ZR1 set-up exactly how you described. I finished the race with a prototype car, literally, up my tailpipe :sly:.

you'll be really fast in the corners and can draft to get the lead but once you're there you will need to block along the s/f straight in order to win. That just worked for me.

thankyou sooooooo muchhhh

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the advice.

"Like The Wind" 1st event Daytona: Used the Mazda Furai with the high revs turbo kit (only addition). Tuned the transmission to highest top speed. You have to get into first place after the first 4 or 5 corners. If you aren't in first place by the first long straight then you have to start again. Once you are in front, the only time you will have trouble with other cars is on the 2nd straight where you need to do some handy blocking!

2nd Event Indy circuit: Did this with the Corvette ZR + RM + Max Tuned. As many have mentioned above (thank you so so much), put the downforce to max and ride height too minimum. I adjusted the brakes so that it was full on the front end and 0 on the back end (not sure if thats how others did it but worked for me!) This didn't work for me for a while, until I realised my soft tyres were not equipped! Equipped them and my turning was fantastic. You should put the top speed in transmission to the highest setting too. Got very hairy, had to block off 2 cars right on the finish line, they bashed me after the race finished and my car crashed!

Thanks for all the advice, trust me this works. Won the Minolta and am testing it out now!

EDIT: The Minolta is a beast, did the Indy track above again and lapped a car!

I think a super gt car will do for gt all stars. They dont cost much and you can buy them even at lv 19. At 500.000 the amemiya rx7 is also a good choice.

You wouldn't happen to know how this fares vs the Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza or the Wed Sport IS350 do you?

EDIT: The Minolta is a beast, did the Indy track above again and lapped a car!

lol i tuned it. It's got in excess of 1000hp in an 850kg car.

All Stars was a breeze.

"Like The Wind" 1st event Daytona: Used the Mazda Furai with the high revs turbo kit (only addition). Tuned the transmission to highest top speed. You have to get into first place after the first 4 or 5 corners. If you aren't in first place by the first long straight then you have to start again. Once you are in front, the only time you will have trouble with other cars is on the 2nd straight where you need to do some handy blocking!

I just used a tuned GTR and didn't find it too hard. Maybe i was just lucky :D

2nd Event Indy circuit: Did this with the Corvette ZR + RM + Max Tuned. As many have mentioned above (thank you so so much), put the downforce to max and ride height too minimum. I adjusted the brakes so that it was full on the front end and 0 on the back end (not sure if thats how others did it but worked for me!) This didn't work for me for a while, until I realised my soft tyres were not equipped! Equipped them and my turning was fantastic. You should put the top speed in transmission to the highest setting too. Got very hairy, had to block off 2 cars right on the finish line, they bashed me after the race finished and my car crashed!

OMFG I LOVE YOU!

Thank you.

I tried what solkambal said about the 2nd event and my zr1 turned way worse than before, wouldnt make a turn even in 5th gear hitting it perfect, im about to give up on that event..

Do you know what the German Touringcar Championship gives?

In GT4 you got a CLK-GTR Race Car. Hope you get something similar in GT5.

According to GT5rs you get: BMW 2002 Turbo '73

Could not see anyone that won a CLK-GTR till now.

i got some mazda race car 91 for driving 2000k's turns out it was perfect timing cause thats when i needed the race car like you

I managed to do it this way:
I opened up till Lvl 21 A-Spec, till I could do like the Wind (you can win MINOLTA TOYOTA CCRV race car there, Do B-spec till lvl 6, where you win the Mazda Furai, I did Like the wind with the Furai and won after a few tries. There you have a race car.

For the "Like the Wind":
I got a Viper (<100k cr), maxed it out on speed (200k cr), transmission, suspension. 1080hp/1200kg.
Just try to be in front of the no.1 car in the second corner and block a little. That should do.

I tried what solkambal said about the 2nd event and my zr1 turned way worse than before, wouldnt make a turn even in 5th gear hitting it perfect, im about to give up on that event..

Are you sure you have the expensive soft tyres equipped? Before the race starts go to the driving options and make sure. Make sure all the settings are as I said. The only thing you may want to play around with is the brake balance. It seems to have worked for me and Kingpin above, but maybe you should try changing that.

I almost gave up on it but you need every tuning mod to make sure your car has enough power to compete with these lightweight beasts.

i just fired up b-spec for a while. still lvl 0 there

lemme know how the nissan works out for you, and how far you can tune it.

i tried a fully tuned veyron, which has all the speed you might need, just the handling is nothing like the Race Cars

The only thing a Veyron is good for is drag racing. It's way to heavy to challenge race cars in the twisty bits.

for the GT all stars i found that my ford GT was fast enough to win, for like the wind my 787B was fast enough and for the historic race i used a camero which narrowly won..... Good Luck

Now that I have the cash what should I buy? Should I get the Audi R10? 787B? or save my cash for an F1 car? Any suggestions fellas?

I think somebody said you can´t use F1 cars in A-Spec (!?)

I guess both the R10 and the 787B are cars with good handling.
Take the one you like the most.

Really? So you have to spend 10mil on an F1 car and you can only use it in one A-Spec race? Sounds pretty retarded if true.

If you are thinking of "Formula GT", no.
It is only for Formula Gran Turismo Cars, not F10 or F2007.
Sorry if I misunderstood.

Some might call it "cheating" but I used the Stealth McLaren on "Like the Wind" Indianapolis - fully tuned with everything! Adjusted downforce to max. and gear ratios a bit higher as well. You get beaten on the straights but in the corners everyone slows down and you can go full power into them without braking! The car will not slide out into the barriers. I won by 1 second holding a courage behind me :-)

And voila, you have the toyota minolta race car and the all stars event is almost a breeze :-)

thanks this was very easy 👍

Back