How to get a "Race Car"

• Thread starter godius
  • 164 comments
Just finished "Like the Wind" using the ZR1 setup mentioned earlier. Wasn't easy, but without the tweaks to the aero and trans I dare say it may have been impossible.

Just finished "Like the Wind" using the ZR1 setup mentioned earlier. Wasn't easy, but without the tweaks to the aero and trans I dare say it may have been impossible.

I tuned the Countach, its pretty awesome, just tested it on all stars and it holds its own. I bought the stage one engine tune , racing suspension, racing exhaust, intake etc and full race transmission, i get in 2nd straight away but can't seem to catch the lead car, possibly change gearing but i think i will nail it with the Countach, its an absolute beast, my fave car and looks awesome in the game. I've used it for every race i can, once you get used to the handling its just fab and sounds fantastic...

make sure you have all the hp upgrades then set downforce to max on both front and rear. I also have the brake bias set to make front and minimum back to make it oversteer into the corners. And on transmission set so topspeed is 242mph (or eqv in kph)

You'll be really fast in the corners and can draft to get the lead but once you're there you will need to block along the s/f straight in order to win. that just worked for me.

Thanks alot for that tips! just won that ****in race :)

I started off using a fully souped up Audi R8 and I managed to get into 2nd place in the first race with one car tailing me all the way. In the last corner of Trail Mountain, I thought I'd be smart and cut the corner ... I ended up upside down and in last place! :grumpy:

I continued using the car though and it handles like a beast and it is very fast, but unless you drive it right at the edge, you won't win a single race. The nurburgring, one car finished about 6.30 ish and my fastest time is 6.43 in the R8. :banghead:

I then grinded till I could afford the McLaren F1, 1.24 million credits later I am still behind! McLaren doesn't have Turbo add ons so the HP only goes up to about 700hp but the weight is 970. It keeps up with the race cars, but its incredibly hard to control. I am still to add racing mods to it and adjust the down force .. hopefully that will help! :)

One thing that really pisses me off about this game is the levels ... and the some of the races are so easy and then some are impossible! It make no sense! :mad:

So far I have tried the GT All Stars in:

Ferrari 458 Italia
Lexus LFA
Saleen S7
Audi LeMans Quattro
Cizeta v16T

All fully modded and at maximum power

I've also tried with a racemodded Lexus IS-F and a fully modded Vauxhall Astra Super Touring.

None has done the trick. The best has been the Vauxhall, the only one that has been within a shouting distance of first.

The fastest to slowest when sorted by laptimes on Trial Mountain is:

Vauxhall
Lexus IS-F
Ferrari
Lexus LFA
Audi
Saleen
Cizeta

I feel you on the lack of credits, I was there once. Got just about every car that I really wanted with about 2million credits and climbing now. Do the European Challenge, it pays you 83k for the gold. When I need to finance something, I go back and run it a few times.

So far I have tried the GT All Stars in:

Ferrari 458 Italia
Lexus LFA
Saleen S7
Audi LeMans Quattro
Cizeta v16T

All fully modded and at maximum power

I've also tried with a racemodded Lexus IS-F and a fully modded Vauxhall Astra Super Touring.

None has done the trick. The best has been the Vauxhall, the only one that has been within a shouting distance of first.

The fastest to slowest when sorted by laptimes on Trial Mountain is:

Vauxhall
Lexus IS-F
Ferrari
Lexus LFA
Audi
Saleen
Cizeta

this cars are bad for gt allstars...

just look at the prize car list ... there u find all u need...

u can go b spec and do nr a roadster race to get mazda furai concept... after do the Japanese champ.chip after... polyphony digital cup to get the zonda r (all in b spec)

"Bob" is running the GT for me right now in B spec using the Zonda, if the other two in the group are this easy, I will be grinning big time.

"Bob" is running the GT for me right now in B spec using the Zonda, if the other two in the group are this easy, I will be grinning big time.

polyphony cup is much easier... and shorter... @ gt allstars u get near the same cr and xp..

so just do pd cup...

I tuned the Countach, its pretty awesome, just tested it on all stars and it holds its own. I bought the stage one engine tune , racing suspension, racing exhaust, intake etc and full race transmission, i get in 2nd straight away but can't seem to catch the lead car, possibly change gearing but i think i will nail it with the Countach, its an absolute beast, my fave car and looks awesome in the game. I've used it for every race i can, once you get used to the handling its just fab and sounds fantastic...

I agree, the Countach and the Muira sound incredible, on the other hand, as much as I like the Zonda, the sound is dudley to me.

I spent millions trying to beat the race cars . And failed
The easy way is to grind out 4 million and buy the 908 . This wins the faster minolta in like the wind race. Then the minolta will win the Bspec like the wind which wins you a car that will win the historic races .
3 amazing cars for 4 million a bargain .
Share the prize money by the minutes taken to race. to work out your best
Grind race . Then go over all the special events . You will have your 4 million in 3 days tops.

I've managed to win the GT Championship only with a MAX TUNED-WINGED Corvette Z06, in A-Spec.

Here's the trick:

Buy a Corvette Z06 (not RM, but Premium).
Change its oil.
Tune it. Also, get him a Wing.
Change the Downforce to the max.
Wash it.
Racing-modify it.
Enter GT Championship.
Win your way through the races.
With prize car, tune it and enter Like The Wind.
With the Minolta, win everything you want.

The indispensable tip:

Get a wing, 'cause racing cars have all wings. Wings create downforce, downforce helps steering and acceleration and cars need steering and acceleration to be heck quick.

I've managed to win the GT Championship only with a MAX TUNED-WINGED Corvette Z06, in A-Spec.

Here's the trick:

Buy a Corvette Z06 (not RM, but Premium).
Change its oil.
Tune it. Also, get him a Wing.
Change the Downforce to the max.
Wash it.
Racing-modify it.
Enter GT Championship.
Win your way through the races.
With prize car, tune it and enter Like The Wind.
With the Minolta, win everything you want.

The indispensable tip:

Get a wing, 'cause racing cars have all wings. Wings create downforce, downforce helps steering and acceleration and cars need steering and acceleration to be heck quick.

i would say acceleration goes down if u install a wing
u know physic?^^

and why wash?

wash only have the effect that the car makes "bling bling"... but it wont be faster if its clean...

btw you can get the zonda r in polyphony digital cup @ b spec... or somewhere else... i think zonda r is much faster than a crappy vette...

Last edited:

I've tried all this, but it hasn't helped. I just get smoked. Looks like I'll be grinding on the Nordschleife for a while. On the plus side though I'm getting really really good at that place.

I've tried all this, but it hasn't helped. I just get smoked. Looks like I'll be grinding on the Nordschleife for a while. On the plus side though I'm getting really really good at that place.

just get the zonda r in b spec race-.- check out the prize car list....

dont know why 100000 ppls are asking all the time the same things...

I have a tuned Nissan YellowHat GTR (Super GT) and it can hold it's own just, against LMP cars on certain tracks, it's a hairy ride though ! You need to push it to the limit leaving no room for errors!

Wow, may try tuning my Calsonic GT-R 08 then!

I purchased the jaguar xrj-9 LM racecar. 4.5 mil but it opened the flood gate to all the race cars. Good luck beating the jaguar come expert.

You may think what the hell am I talking about but, a Ford GT fully tuned but with stock transmission, weight reduced, soft tires, and lowered etc can hold it's own fairly well :) I've used mine in quite a few of them events.

this cars are bad for gt allstars...

just look at the prize car list ... there u find all u need...

u can go b spec and do nr a roadster race to get mazda furai concept... after do the Japanese champ.chip after... polyphony digital cup to get the zonda r (all in b spec)

But hey, thanks for the tip. With the Mazda Furai I beat the Trial Mountain comp quite easily, even with a Sauber in the field.

dont know why 100000 ppls are asking all the time the same things...

Because we're all struggling with the same problem. The vast majority of gamers don't have the skills to beat this as easily as those who are the elite amongst gamers.

The Bugatti has done it for me so far, I'm on the fourth race. The only thing I would suggest it putting the default settings of the traction control to one and the ABS to 5 or 6 to prevent the car skidding when braking. Also the LSD should be max on all settings and the gear ratio set to highest so when you go through corners you are not in high rpms - this will stop the car spinning out. My brake set up is 10/10.

I won Trail Mountain by 0.2 seconds, Grand Valley by 3 seconds and I got second on Nurburgring. Managed to finish it in 6.46, 7 seconds behind the first place car ... so its going not to bad.

Beware though that the half way through the 3 lap the car begins to slip because of tyre wear, but just slow down a little take it easier in the corners and it shouldn't be too hard.

Back