How to Improve and Maintain a Good Sportsmanship Rating in GT Sport

Personally, on my end when racing with others online. The main issue I face with others people is them not respecting my racing line. The result ending in me being rear ended at the start of each turns. Causing my car to shoot straight off the turn.
Then the other drivers blame me for braking early.
Yet, I was maintaining a non defensive, nor aggressive line with zero intentions of blocking them. So in turn I now have slight anxiety during a race as to avoid braking early and end up off the track no matter what.
After reading more about the rating systems Sport gives you, it gives me hope that people will clean up their act and make racing with others a more pleasurable experience.

Last edited:
If people don't think Tokyo is a terrible track, I'm genuinely curious as to what they think does qualify!

I would like to know why people don't like Tokyo? I assume they prefer tighter more technical tracks. But am interested in knowing.

I like it because it is high speed, thread the needle. Have to be super accurate at every corner or else it costs you, and the feeling you get when you nail them is like nothing else.

The best corners in the world are high speed challenges, Eau Rouge, Degner, 130R, Pouhon, Parabolica to name a few. Nailing those corners accurately at the highest speeds capable give you a great feeling. I love 130R when you slice through the apex, run the car right along the edge of the exit curb, just so satisfying.
You get a similar corner in the middle of Tokyo East, yet you have to be even more accurate as there are barriers right up to the edge of the track. The right/left combo across the top of the bridge is also very fast and challenging. These corners give me similar feelings to those of 130R, Pouhon etc when nailing them. They are great corners with cars from N500 through up to GR1, they just work well with whatever car you take through them.

I guess this also ties back to players not enjoying the track with SR loss, as you have to be so accurate, it's so easy to hit the walls that most drivers are bound to make that mistake, and the knock on effect of having no run off means any cars coming up behind, at such a high speed are going to cause chaos. Have some bad experiences with a track and it can taint your views on it.

I would like to know why people don't like Tokyo? I assume they prefer tighter more technical tracks. But am interested in knowing.

It because they could've built this instead, The C1 Loop. Mainly featured in games such as TXR by Genki. "If" they built the C1 instead of the Rotten Egg they gave us, it would put it in the same league as R246.

1-s2.0-S0968090X15000443-gr3.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Even games like AC have it.
maxresdefault.jpg

image1.jpg

Back