How to Improve and Maintain a Good Sportsmanship Rating in GT Sport

My SR has been an S since I did a couple of the first FIA races. It occasionally says It’s gone down during a race due to contact but it’s not dropped. I still find many crash verstapens in S rated races though.

I have no issue with Tokyo.
I've had many good races there.

It is quite a difficult track to get right, and of course if you enter a corner too fast (as many do) then there is no where to go but into a wall.
But if you are in amongst drivers who can drive the track, it's good fun and not the SR killer it's made out to be.

That is due as much or more to the design of the "track" than a racers SR rating. That circuit should have never been considered a proper venue for online sport races.

It's the drivers, not the track, not the car. That track separates the good drivers from the bad. Love it, looking forward to 10lappers in GR3 around there, or some GR1 fun!

Can any one tell me how to stop Idiots from tapping your rear just because you over take them , or Deliberately brake for no reason ???

Tokyo couldn't get me out of SR.S, so I joined the Bluemoon FIA race. Started 10th, moved all over the place, finished 8th, you can have your rental back now, what's left of it. Dropped to SR.A, mission accomplished. Also got back to DR.A, A/A new matchmaking grounds!

Btw Matchmaking in FIA races isn't better. 3xDR.S, 7xDR.A, rest DR.B. Or were there only 3xS and 7xA entered in all of NA that it had to be filled up with DR.B drivers... I guess it's better than DR.S to DR.D in the daily races.

It's the drivers, not the track, not the car.

But when you are pulling luck of the draw racers out of a pool that many times includes multiple different DR classes of racers that as such also means that the skills and speeds vary greatly on the starting grid the more technical the track and the more barriers without ample off track runoff area the more likely the race will end up a wreckfest full of carnage and mayhem.

There are multiple post on this forum where it seems there are certain circuits that this type of scenario is not an uncommon practice.

Just because a track may be fast and fun for experienced drivers that know the circuit well does not mean it is one of the better suited tracks for the masses racing online that causes more aggravation and rage for more racers than it does joy for the few that happen to get away from the pack at the front.

And no personally I do not like any of the Tokyo circuits and avoid them both on line and offline.

But when you are pulling luck of the draw racers out of a pool that many times includes multiple different DR classes of racers that as such also means that the skills and speeds vary greatly on the starting grid the more technical the track and the more barriers without ample off track runoff area the more likely the race will end up a wreckfest full of carnage and mayhem.

There are multiple post on this forum where it seems there are certain circuits that this type of scenario is not an uncommon practice.

Just because a track may be fast and fun for experienced drivers that know the circuit well does not mean it is one of the better suited tracks for the masses racing online that causes more aggravation and rage for more racers than it does joy for the few that happen to get away from the pack at the front.

And no personally I do not like any of the Tokyo circuits and avoid them both on line and offline.
So at the end of the day it's the drivers, not the track.
Correct?

I mean Bathurst is a horror show for overtakes.
And if one person makes a mistake it creates a massive pile-up.

And yet Bathurst doesn't get the same flak as Tokyo.
Go figure.

Last edited:
So at the end of the day it's the drivers, not the track.
Correct?
It is always the drivers, any circuit can be raced.
The whole point is the circuit design does not bode well for the majority of racers that race online in the game. It only takes a very few bad racers on a circuit with this type of design and closed in by walls with no run off to start most of the field being part of their pinball game.

Thus more racers run a higher risk to leave the race with a negative view of that races experience rather than a positive review and as such for a game that is populated by many non serious racers is not one of the best choices for a venue to have a daily online race and should be reserved for private lobbies and off line use in my opinion.

I do not race on it so I really do not care either way!

It is always the drivers, any circuit can be raced.
The whole point is the circuit design does not bode well for the majority of racers that race online in the game. It only takes a very few bad racers on a circuit with this type of design and closed in by walls with no run off to start most of the field being part of their pinball game.

Thus more racers run a higher risk to leave the race with a negative view of that races experience rather than a positive review and as such for a game that is populated by many non serious racers is not one of the best choices for a venue to have a daily online race and should be reserved for private lobbies and off line use in my opinion.

I do not race on it so I really do not care either way!
Welcome to a street circuit.
Monaco says hello.

Any track can be learned.
Tokyo is no exception.

I got a massive penalty the other day, yellow flags where out and I overtook a car that had just stopped ghosting :( he was going very slow

I have no issue with Tokyo.

It's uninspiring and very dull to race on. It feels like a glorified oval. If I lived in Tokyo, I'd likely love it but I don't live in Tokyo.

I've had many good races there.

With the right drivers, you can race on a runway and enjoy it but it's rare you get a grid full of the right drivers in the dailies. One person can trash the race easily. Your experience seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

It is quite a difficult track to get right, and of course if you enter a corner too fast (as many do) then there is no where to go but into a wall.

I don't think it's that hard a track to drive but with overly competitive daily racers, the wall comes into it too much. It only needs one aggrieved driver to get a bump and you've got a cluster:censored:.

I won't mention the rampant wall riding going on there though. Oh... Sorry @VFOURMAX1 . :D

"If I lived in Tokyo, I'd likely love it but I don't live in Tokyo."

I said this to a colleague yesterday... if it was your local motorway it would probably be very cool to drive on. But for most it isn't, so it's not.

Thanks to Tokyo yesterday, I went from an S to an A. Annoying.

Maggiore Gr.4 was much more civilised but just as competitive.

I do pay attention to it because the lower the rating the less respectful the drivers are. Yes there's always going to be contact, but it's far less on the higher ratings.

My car is NOT your brake pedal, you complete a-holes!

Without naming names, certain countries seem worse than others...

I went from A to S just yesterday, so avoided Tokyo to preserve that rating.

I am finding B/S a whole new world of racing, compared with CB as I was earlier this week.

Good set of statues to go by, also when braking from high speeds always take note of what's happening in the rear view when you brake and line up your corner attack, I have caught many dive bombers trying to use me and I just hold straight as their calculations goes out the window as I'm not where they expected me to be and I safely drive past their rubble. This doesn't work when there are too many cars behind as one of them can get plowed into and you can do nothing about any of that, but when it's one of two cars you can clearly see, you can make adjustments to prepare for the vaunted online idiot.

can you please elaborate on this? I find this happens to me a lot during the race... I'll have another car up my ass entering a corner and as i go to brake he just rams into me pushing me out whilst he coasts through..

how can I avoid this then?

Plan ahead.... move to the inside or middle quickly before you brake to avoid a collision. You will find that getting your SR up will reduce the number of people who are prepared to bump you are not allow you to brake.

Haven't seen a change in DR in weeks SR up and down between A and B because I struggle to get out of the middle of the pack in dirty races where I'm smashed off first corner ...luck of the draw I'm faring better if I don't try and qualify high

Almost had a win on that Tokyo race with the 458 last night but got bumped and spun out at the hairpin. Lots of people can't seem to drive that track.

Almost had a win on that Tokyo race with the 458 last night but got bumped and spun out at the hairpin. Lots of people can't seem to drive that track.

There are too many sharp turns, no forward visibility due to walls and no run-offs... always going to be pinball.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Brendan Rorrison (@Brend) on January 18th, 2018 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
The
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Brendan Rorrison (@Brend) on January 18th, 2018 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

The main problem that I have is I get rammed from someone and it causes me to go off track or hit someone else and I get demoted for the chain reaction. I can understand people being overly protective of their rating because if you get into the lower ranks its hard to get out because it puts you in the moddle of the bad drivers and causing what i said above. Its a double edged sword.

The

The main problem that I have is I get rammed from someone and it causes me to go off track or hit someone else and I get demoted for the chain reaction. I can understand people being overly protective of their rating because if you get into the lower ranks its hard to get out because it puts you in the moddle of the bad drivers and causing what i said above. Its a double edged sword.
There have been times where the car behind me gets rammed, and forces me into the rear of the car in front of me. After the dust has cleared from the chain reaction the driver I was forced into targets ME for the rest of the race lol.

Either way I just drive MY race and do it as clean as possible controlling only what I can in the car I'm driving.

Personally? I think the video "10 mistakes people make...." should've been the GTS etiquette video!

Qyn
There have been times where the car behind me gets rammed, and forces me into the rear of the car in front of me. After the dust has cleared from the chain reaction the driver I was forced into targets ME for the rest of the race lol.

Either way I just drive MY race and do it as clean as possible controlling only what I can in the car I'm driving.

Personally? I think the video "10 mistakes people make...." should've been the GTS etiquette video!

But it's important that you don't do things that make you look bad!

Back