***How to perform a pit stop*** a video guide

Yes, a very helpful video.

One thing it does NOT mention that it is very important is to make sure that you uncheck the tick box that says change brakes.

Another thing is that you can save up to 30 predetermined pit stop strategies and these will cycle through consecutively at every stop unless you override it. So remember to set your pressures BEFORE the race starts on your other sets of tyres. Something that I have done is save pit stop strategy #5 as wet tyres so on a stop I either select #1 or #5 depending on what tyres I want. Or #2 if I want slicks with standard tyre pressures.

Also he is clearly using a PC. On the PS4 your driver name is blank, only your co-driver(s) are listed as an alternative. Clear yet? ;-)

Pit stops in this game have caused me (and others) a huge amount of grief and wasted time so you need to get used to what is required.

Good video, but I am still losing time to the AI in the pits 90 percent of the time. I have tried manual start to turn the engine off prior to getting in the pit box and it actually makes it worse because I find the clutch engagement when restarting the car is hit or miss and I may stall then lose a whole bunch of time. With automatic engine start the AI jumps me regularly.

While I’ve had no issues with pit stops so far (on the whole), the little checklist box appears sporadically for me. Is there a reason for this or a bug?

Also I’ve had penalties in endurance races for not doing the correct stint for each driver, yet I’ve pitted the same time as the rest of the grid who did not get penalties. I’m probably just being stupid but any help with that would be much appreciated.

While I’ve had no issues with pit stops so far (on the whole), the little checklist box appears sporadically for me. Is there a reason for this or a bug?

Also I’ve had penalties in endurance races for not doing the correct stint for each driver, yet I’ve pitted the same time as the rest of the grid who did not get penalties. I’m probably just being stupid but any help with that would be much appreciated.

Prior to your pit stop (I do it 2 laps before) cycle through your MFD (Multi Function Display) to the pit stop screen and check to make sure all actions are valid and that you have selected the correct driver for the change and he/she has not exceeded his "stint" time. All the information is there.

In endurance races you need to use all three drivers and remember *YOUR* name is a blank in the driver's list. I just cycle through the list blank (me) driver 1, driver 2, rinse and repeat ;-)

Anyone has any pointers on how to line up the car perfectly in the pit box? I have diagnosed why I am losing extra time in the pits compared to the AI, and it's due to my positioning in the pit box, as the mechanics are moving the car around before they actually jack it up. When I observe the AI drivers, their cars always go straight up after they stop in the box. I find it so difficult to line it up perfectly. What is the secret?

Anyone has any pointers on how to line up the car perfectly in the pit box? I have diagnosed why I am losing extra time in the pits compared to the AI, and it's due to my positioning in the pit box, as the mechanics are moving the car around before they actually jack it up. When I observe the AI drivers, their cars always go straight up after they stop in the box. I find it so difficult to line it up perfectly. What is the secret?
Practice.

I also find it easier to switch to chase cam in the pits, still get it wrong half the time though

Practicing pitstops last night. The jacks go down and on the radio I get ........ "hurry up, bugger off" :D

Aris also posted this, which might help:

I’ve just been doing single player in this due to the save bug but thought I’d give career a go again today.

Both races at Zolder, everything ok in the checklist for pit stops, slowed down in plenty of time for the limiter and was way over pit exit when I turned the limiter off. Disqualified for both races... (won both by the way with some great racing), but just completely deflated after crossing the line and going immediately to the menu before you can even see what you’ve been disqualified for!!!

Any ideas what could be the issue? My only thought is that my pit box is the very last one. I’m just flooring it straight to the pit line. Could it be because I’m not exiting the pits in the fast lane?? I’m at a loss and am just not touching career until I can get to the bottom of it. Have had no issues in single player getting disqualified at all and I’m doing no different in career.

I've heard some people say you need to try and get over to the fast lane again or at least pull out as much as you can and it's helped them to not be DSQ.
However I had the last position in the pitlane at Zolder and I'm sure I just went out straight without issue, in fact somehow I've never been DSQ'd yet which seems quite rare

Just tested an hour race in single player mode. Done everything exactly as I had done in a half hour race with no issues whatsoever, yet in the hour race I get disqualified for not meeting minimum driver requirements. Everything in pit check list was green when I pitted in the 10 minute window, the AI pitted just the once as well. Only reason I say that as the only other thing I can think of is it’s something to do with driver stints? But if that is the case, why isn’t the AI getting disqualified too?

Again it was an epic race and I caught and passed the leader with 2 minutes to go. And then this. I appreciate that I must be doing something wrong but it’s infuriating trying to get to the bottom of it and having excellent races ruined by it.

I’ve just been doing single player in this due to the save bug but thought I’d give career a go again today.

Both races at Zolder, everything ok in the checklist for pit stops, slowed down in plenty of time for the limiter and was way over pit exit when I turned the limiter off. Disqualified for both races... (won both by the way with some great racing), but just completely deflated after crossing the line and going immediately to the menu before you can even see what you’ve been disqualified for!!!

Any ideas what could be the issue? My only thought is that my pit box is the very last one. I’m just flooring it straight to the pit line. Could it be because I’m not exiting the pits in the fast lane?? I’m at a loss and am just not touching career until I can get to the bottom of it. Have had no issues in single player getting disqualified at all and I’m doing no different in career.
I had this same issue at Zolder and I think it is a combination of not exiting the pit in the fast lane and a glitch with the pit menu. If you have the first pit box then make sure you turn hard to the left to get over to the fast lane. I have my wheel turned all the way left when I leave the pits. Also do not bring up the pit menu. Wait until it pops up automatically in the pits and make sure the driver change is green. I tested this on 10 minute sprint races and I get disqualified if I bring up the pit menu. If I have my wheel turned all the way to the left when exiting my pit box and don't bring up the pit menu then I don't get disqualified.

Just tested an hour race in single player mode. Done everything exactly as I had done in a half hour race with no issues whatsoever, yet in the hour race I get disqualified for not meeting minimum driver requirements.

There is your answer, you did not meet minimum driver requirements.

Everything in pit check list was green when I pitted in the 10 minute window,

Obviously not ;-) There should have been three green items, change tyres, pit in pit window and change driver. In the sprint races there are only two drivers, yourself (name blank in list) and your first nominated (created) co-driver.

Also in career the sprint races are over two legs. In the first race you start first and must swap to your co-driver. In the second race your co-driver starts first and you must swap back to you (blank name in list). Confused yet? I was to start with but after many, many DSQs I soon learned ;-)

the AI pitted just the once as well. Only reason I say that as the only other thing I can think of is it’s something to do with driver stints? But if that is the case, why isn’t the AI getting disqualified too?

Because they have obviously done everything OK ;-)

Tip: Use the MFD button to pull up your pit strategy 2 or 3 laps prior to you pitting and check that 100% of the requirements will be met on your stop. DO NOT allow the game to automatically make the stop for you because it usually gets it wrong. Also the pit limiter ONLY works in 1st gear.

Think you’ve read my post wrong. I’ve been doing things right since the game released. Not had an issue before. Always go through to pit menu on MFD and configure things myself, everything is green (I can tell the difference between green and orange funnily enough!, not sure I appreciate the “obviously not” comment...) and that drivers have been swapped.

For the hour test race yesterday I did the exact race beforehand only half an hour, did nothing different, no issues, yet in the hour long race I get disqualified for for not meeting minimum driver requirement. Hence I’m wondering is there an occasional bug that needs certain circumstances to arise with the driver stint times?

As I said, did nothing different to what I’ve always been doing since release with no issues, pitted in the window and the same time as many other AI cars.

I go back to bigluke’s post though and maybe there is an issue if you bring the pit menu up before the window opens but only at some tracks/with some cars/certain race lengths??

did you check the pitstop MFD page anytime after your last stop? It should show driver stint times against each driver and these all need to be in green too

did you check the pitstop MFD page anytime after your last stop? It should show driver stint times against each driver and these all need to be in green too

I shall do just that next time I’m on. Thanks!

I suppose if that is the case though I’m still at a loss at what to do... If I’m pitting within the pit window, same time as everyone else, doing everything right in the pit stop itself, what’s going wrong? If it’s me being dumb I’ll hold my hand up but it happens too sporadically for my liking. These are sprint races by the way and the hour long race was set up that way, so it should only be the one pit window stop in the middle of the race and one driver change, so didn’t think there were minimum stints for sprint races?

I shall do just that next time I’m on. Thanks!

I suppose if that is the case though I’m still at a loss at what to do... If I’m pitting within the pit window, same time as everyone else, doing everything right in the pit stop itself, what’s going wrong? If it’s me being dumb I’ll hold my hand up but it happens too sporadically for my liking. These are sprint races by the way and the hour long race was set up that way, so it should only be the one pit window stop in the middle of the race and one driver change, so didn’t think there were minimum stints for sprint races?
No for a sprint race there are no minimum stint times, you just need to swap your driver at the pitstop and stop within the pit window. But even without stint times it will still confirm you've done the driver change correctly and properly and fully completed your mandatory stop requirements

Back