How to reduce wheel spin?

• Thread starter xler8erxx
  • 12 comments
United States
Bloomington,Indiana
xler8erxx
the only cars i can drag with is 4WD.i cant get the wheel spin out of any other cars..does any one have advice on to take the wheel spin outta the cars???

A little wheel spin is good on FWD and RWD cars. As far as reduceing it, add positive toe to the drive wheels, adjust your launch gears further left, or add weight to the drive wheels.

A little wheel spin is good on FWD and RWD cars. As far as reduceing it, add positive toe to the drive wheels, adjust your launch gears further left, or add weight to the drive wheels.
Agreed. On top of what ryzno said, you could also raise your Flip point so overall your gears will be longer. (That is if you know how to flip a tranny yet.) This will cut down on some but not all of it, cause you need some spin.

I have a suggestion, I'm not sure if it will work but try it out. What if you increase the size of your wheels by an inch or two?

I have a suggestion, I'm not sure if it will work but try it out. What if you increase the size of your wheels by an inch or two?
In theory, increased rim size would increase leverage on launch, but the motor & drivetrain has to work harder to move that wheel and, in return, would decrease output to the ground. In game, I believe there is little to no change in speed when switching rims, except to even out the tire sizes.

the only cars i can drag with is 4WD.i cant get the wheel spin out of any other cars..does any one have advice on to take the wheel spin outta the cars???
Another reccomendation on top of what these guys said is try not launching straight out of a single gear (assuming you do). Lets say you're launching your gt500 in second and the wheel spin is just rediculous. What you should do in this case is after launching instantly shift up after your revs have built up just a bit. This is know as a quick shift and can really help reduce wheel spin if applied properly.

Just remember your transmission needs to be geared close enough so once you shift a gear up you lose nearly no revs at all, maybe 4k rpm at max but just for a split second.

Another reccomendation on top of what these guys said is try not launching straight out of a single gear (assuming you do). Lets say you're launching your gt500 in second and the wheel spin is just rediculous. What you should do in this case is after launching instantly shift up after your revs have built up just a bit. This is know as a quick shift and can really help reduce wheel spin if applied properly.

Just remember your transmission needs to be geared close enough so once you shift a gear up you lose nearly no revs at all, maybe 4k rpm at max but just for a split second.
Now how do you keep it in a straight line? Most of my FR cars with high horsepower are almost impossible to launch straight using a DS3. Seems even worse with a quick shift.

Now how do you keep it in a straight line? Most of my FR cars with high horsepower are almost impossible to launch straight. Seems even worse with a quick shift.
well typically stiffer rollbars will help with this as well as CH tires in the front. have you tried that yet? if not i can try t think of other ways.

i have kinda figured the gears out for my skyline i now start off in sec with lil wheel spin and i have moved my gears closer together i still havent figured out how to stop my rear wheel cars from spinning out but i am going to try playing with setting and using ur guys advice...u guys should add me on ps3 xler8erxx

i have kinda figured the gears out for my skyline i now start off in sec with lil wheel spin and i have moved my gears closer together i still havent figured out how to stop my rear wheel cars from spinning out but i am going to try playing with setting and using ur guys advice...u guys should add me on ps3 xler8erxx
Skyline? Well then that opens things up a bit, part of the issue is you should start in first gear. Also, watch out for the torque sending differential. Make sure you use the AWD to your advantage.

Skyline? Well then that opens things up a bit, part of the issue is you should start in first gear. Also, watch out for the torque sending differential. Make sure you use the AWD to your advantage.

i do well i think i do lol but i start in sec im still new to all the gear **** lol but im learning slowly about/what does what

Back