How to transfer replays to your computer

• Thread starter RallyeRon
  • 10 comments
For pictures you use a USB Flashdrive. Its very easy and you just plug it into the USB ports on the PS2 and then save the pictures to it.

For videos I hook up a video camera to the S-Video cable coming from my PS2. I then set the video camera to record from the input S-Video. I can't get sound this way but I get great quality video.

Its certainly not a dumb questions, as while it has been discussed a number of times before its never been covered completely (AFAIK), so here we go.

Transfering Replays via a Memory stick.

1. Save the replay as normal to your memory card
  2. Goto the main menu 'Replay Theatre' (it must be the main menu one)
  3. Change from 'Demo' to 'Replay' (top left hand set of options)
  4. Select the replay you wish to transfer to a memory stick
  5. Select the transfer to flash drive option from the right hand menu icons
  6. The replay will now be transfered and a conformation box will appear

The replay will now have been saved to a file called PDI on your memory stick, and can now be uploaded to GT Planet and/or shared with anyone with a (same region) copy of TT.

Importing replays to your PS memory card is the reverse of the process above, but you must remember to copy them into your PDI file on your memory stick (or create one should you not have one).

I hope this helps

Regards

Scaff

I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title to something more descriptive.

No such thing. The replay file saved to USB is not a video, just the data the game went through while you played what it recorded. All that happens when you view a replay in the game is the game plays it, taking inputs from the file instead of the controllers. It re-renders the replay from the data every time you play it.

You wouldn't have enough memory to save a video file in an 8MB memory card. Just look how big even crummy video files are.

To get a movie file, you have to record the output of the PS2 into a capture card or (my own preference) a digital camcorder. Do a search on something like "capture card" and you'll find lots of info.

The natural question for many at this point is, "So what? What good does it do to get this file to a PC?" The answer is so you can swap replays with your buddies by email or web posts, instead of having to have the memory card or an ARMAX or Sharkport, something like that.

No such thing. The replay file saved to USB is not a video, just the data the game went through while you played what it recorded. All that happens when you view a replay in the game is the game plays it, taking inputs from the file instead of the controllers. It re-renders the replay from the data every time you play it.

You wouldn't have enough memory to save a video file in an 8MB memory card. Just look how big even crummy video files are.

Can't you save the file directly to a USB stick?

Can't you save the file directly to a USB stick?

I wasn't answering the original post, the "No such thing" was answering the question in the previous post about converting a replay file to video. Can't be done. Should have quoted him, but I thought it was plain. Sorry.

Back