How to Unlock Everything in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 70 comments
I need a gr.4 for high speed ring, cant progress the menu book without completing championship? (has compass icon point me to do it)

But cant buy a gr.4 car anywhere.

I'm very confused. could anyone possibly help|?

I need a gr.4 for high speed ring, cant progress the menu book without completing championship? (has compass icon point me to do it)

But cant buy a gr.4 car anywhere.

I'm very confused. could anyone possibly help|?
You don't need a Gr4 car, but they're all available in the new car dealership for 350,000cr...

You don't need a Gr4 car, but they're all available in the new car dealership for 350,000cr...

I don't think new car dealership has unlocked. And it says my cars are not authorized for this race.

Il take another look though.

Currently I'm hoping out GR4 car pops up and I win 1 on the spin!

Last edited:
It unlocks at Menu Book 4. The very first Menu Book with any kind of race cars is Book 33...

Thanks so much for the help.

I believe there is two races on highspeed ring im stuck on. The first says gr.4 ”And the second is "road car professionally tuned"

How do I get a gr.4 car to enter when the shop to buy them. is locked. I only have used car dealership available (I'm at collector level 4)

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_191641.jpg
    IMG_20220306_191641.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220306_191633.jpg
    IMG_20220306_191633.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 24
I'm having some difficulties completing menu book 5. I'm yet to get the EK9 civic. I have done the suzuka GR3 race and came in second place but yet the car has not been awarded. Also it is not currently available in the ucd. So what am I missing here? Do I have to wait until the car becomes available in the ucd? That would be pretty lame if that's the case.

Never mind. After restarting the game I now see that there is a 450pp suzuka race which is the one that awards the ek9 civic. Problem solved.

Thanks so much for the help.

I believe there is two races on highspeed ring im stuck on. The first says gr.4 ”And the second is "road car professionally tuned"

How do I get a gr.4 car to enter when the shop to buy them. is locked. I only have used car dealership available (I'm at collector level 4)
You don't enter the GR4 race, you need to enter the 450pp FF car race. If yours does not show up, try restarting the game and it should give you the option to enter that race alongside the GR4 race.

Last edited:
You don't enter the GR4 race, you need to enter the 450pp FF car race. If yours does not show up, try restarting the game and it should give you the option to enter that race alongside the GR4 race.

Yes I have done the 450pp race. I came second, but luca from the cafe says top3.

It should have been okay. Will try again to come 1st. And I rebooted the game just in case.

Okay wierd stuff going on here.

No where on my game does it say I need FF.

so I was doing it with FWD mitsubishi that was gifted after a licence event.

Anyhow I've also seen it's up to 550pp not 450pp

Last edited:
I need a gr.4 for high speed ring, cant progress the menu book without completing championship?
Yeah, there's a disconnect going on here.

You do not need to enter any Gr.4 race at all until Menu Book 33 - and your Collector Level isn't relevant to anything (it unlocks different levels of Missions and gives you racing gear; it does not have any relation to progress through GT Cafe).

Pull up the current Menu Book (yellow compass icon, top left area of the screen), and screenshot what it says. If you're in Menu Book 3 it'll be European Classic Compacts (FIAT 500F, Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen 1200) at Goodwood, Brands Hatch, and Lago Maggiore. If you're in Menu Book 4 it'll be the High Speed Ring Track Day Championship event, which is in the World Circuits overview, not High Speed Ring itself.

Yeah, there's a disconnect going on here.

You do not need to enter any Gr.4 race at all until Menu Book 33 - and your Collector Level isn't relevant to anything (it unlocks different levels of Missions and gives you racing gear; it does not have any relation to progress through GT Cafe).

Pull up the current Menu Book (yellow compass icon, top left area of the screen), and screenshot what it says. If you're in Menu Book 3 it'll be European Classic Compacts (FIAT 500F, Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen 1200) at Goodwood, Brands Hatch, and Lago Maggiore. If you're in Menu Book 4 it'll be the High Speed Ring Track Day Championship event, which is in the World Circuits overview, not High Speed Ring itself.

I have won the event. With an fwd now going to try a FF. Although I can't see where it mentions I need these types. Not to mention I get 3 green ticks saying that I've got the right equipment for the job! But will try never the less.

Oh I think you fixed it .it's a championship icon at the bottom of the screen not on the actual track location itself.

I've just wasted an hour of my life.
Spent thousands of credits tuning up cars.
And on the high-speed ring about 5 times.

Was all a pleasure though so no worries

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_202122.jpg
    IMG_20220306_202122.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have done the 450pp race. I came second, but luca from the cafe says top3.

It should have been okay. Will try again to come 1st. And I rebooted the game just in case.

Okay wierd stuff going on here.

No where on my game does it say I need FF.

so I was doing it with FWD mitsubishi that was gifted after a licence event.

Anyhow I've also seen it's up to 550pp not 450pp
You are not seeing the right race. There should be 3 different high speed ring races on the menu. You need to enter the 450pp one. Did you try restarting the game? Or perhaps reboot the console.

I hope Polyphony will continue to add SP content after the release. Even if it's just seasonal events as GT5 had.
I had a lot of time this weekend so I'm done with the cafe and menus. I started the missions now and still have the track experience things open. But I don't see any content besides that...

Last edited:
I had an issue with the tuning on R32 GTR not saving - I had to reapply all the parts every race, and it didn't take off any weight even though I had weight reduction level 2 fitted. After a quick google I deleted the game save data on my PS4, and restarted the game - fixed!

I wonder if this might work for the people who can't get the next menu book to load?

I had an issue with the tuning on R32 GTR not saving - I had to reapply all the parts every race, and it didn't take off any weight even though I had weight reduction level 2 fitted. After a quick google I deleted the game save data on my PS4, and restarted the game - fixed!

I wonder if this might work for the people who can't get the next menu book to load?
Nope, It doesn't fix it.

Very helpful. Thank you.

Another list that may be helpful is a standard car list for completing Championships. I believe these prize cars are the same for everyone. This list could be helpful for lobbies.

The grinding and “book” bs made me download ACC with its PS5 update. Way more fun right out of the gate. GT7 sport mode is non exsistent

Anyone here finished Menu 33? What car did you use because the requirement is PP 600 or less?

Another question I have is, when you buy parts in the Tuning Shop, can you sell those parts if you don't need them? Or can you take car parts out of the car to match the PP of the race?

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Is there a "circuit experience" in GT7? I like doing those cause I find them really helpful to learn the tracks and I don't think I've come across that.
It’s in the World Circuits section. Choose a circuit and the options will be shown at the bottom of the screen, under the challenges.

Does anyone know what cars you need to buy that unlocks the Three Legendary Cars trophy? That’s the only one I don’t know how to complete.

Does anyone know what cars you need to buy that unlocks the Three Legendary Cars trophy? That’s the only one I don’t know how to complete.
Trophy discussion = Trophy thread:

But for a quick answer, no. Best guess, any three cars from Legends Cars that have won Le Mans, but possibly also Spa 24, N24, and Daytona 24. Figure on D-Type, F1 GTR, F1 GTR LT, XJR-9, Ford Mk4, Ford GT40 Mk1, and similar. Beware of the Ferrari 330 P4, which won Daytona but not Le Mans, and the XJ13 which never won anything, or even raced anywhere.

mef
Same here, totally stupid game design decision.
I have a busy life and the last thing I need is to grind low level races to be “allowed” to d rive my favourite track.

Kinda feeling like I should not have preordered
I just bought credits from the game store. I don't have time to grind the cars either

Thanks a lot for this guide although game progression is pretty straight forward, it's nice to know what's to come.
I read comments from GT 'veterans' they don't like having to grind through the game to unlock everything. I consider myself among those 'veterans' and I actually like it. At least, this way, the game get's played at least. :sly:
Couldn't agree more

A note that if you start a cafe menu and you already have one of the cars before starting the menu, you can still search through the circuits to find the event that would award that car and get it (as a duplicate) plus collector points, it just won't be compass signposted to you, and you have to do it before finishing the menu. I've got a second GR Yaris, '03 M3 and '69 Corvette this way since discovering it - it was particularly useful for getting a free GR Yaris at Kyoto that wasn't the one from the 25th Anniversary pack with the livery. Missed out on a couple of other possible ones earlier in the game (e.g., Clio).

Finally finnished Cafe Menu 39!!

fireworks1.gif

But I was disappointed not to get the Circuit De La Sarthe race track unlock in this game.👎

Will we get the Circuit De La Sarthe race track later as an update???

Finally finnished Cafe Menu 39!!

View attachment 1121357

But I was disappointed not to get the Circuit De La Sarthe race track unlock in this game.👎

Will we get the Circuit De La Sarthe race track later as an update???
I'm not there yet myself but according to the article it should've unlocked at the completion of Menu Book 38.

• 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit (Circuit de la Sarthe)
    • Complete Menu Book 38 (GT Cafe)

Last edited:
I'm not there yet myself but according to the article it should've unlocked at the completion of Menu Book 38.

• 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit (Circuit de la Sarthe)
    • Complete Menu Book 38 (GT Cafe)
I am looking at all the race tracks in Europe and do not see the Circuit De La Sarthe race track anywhere. I went through the Menu Book 38 already and that track is not on the list in Europe.

I did a race on the Circuit De La Sarthe race track in the Menu Book 39 and still don't see it. Maybe someone will figure out a way to get it unlock somehow. It's definitely not through all the Cafe Menu Books though.

I am looking at all the race tracks in Europe and do not see the Circuit De La Sarthe race track anywhere. I went through the Menu Book 38 already and that track is not on the list in Europe.

I did a race on the Circuit De La Sarthe race track in the Menu Book 39 and still don't see it. Maybe someone will figure out a way to get it unlock somehow. It's definitely not through all the Cafe Menu Books though.
It's called 24 Heures du Mans Racing circuit in GT7.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 19-33-00 Gran Turismo 7 - Full Track List (All World Circuits Locatio...png

Last edited:
Back