How to Use Any Steering Wheel with PlayStation 4

The question I'd like to know is if there is any input lag with any of the current wheels? This would also be great for those that also use Arcade fight sticks from older consoles (I'd highly recommend the Brook Ultimate Fight Board, over this for that though)

The question I'd like to know is if there is any input lag with any of the current wheels? This would also be great for those that also use Arcade fight sticks from older consoles (I'd highly recommend the Brook Ultimate Fight Board, over this for that though)
None whatsoever for me with a GIMX setup and my Fanatec Clubsport V2.

Does this allow one Wheel & Pedal Setup to work with everything? PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360? I doubt that it does - but that would be something, no more unbolting wheel and pedal sets from my Playseat when I want to switch consoles.

Does this allow one Wheel & Pedal Setup to work with everything? PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360? I doubt that it does - but that would be something, no more unbolting wheel and pedal sets from my Playseat when I want to switch consoles.

No, although that would be really cool.

Aaarrggh! This post comes almost two years late! Man... I almost cried when I sold my G27. I loved that wheel A LOT!

This is how I used my G27 on the PS4 when I first switched over to Pcars. I switched to the T300 after a few months because my rig isn't in a dedicated spot and I have to move it to the side of the living room and it was a bit much to keep setting up and taking down every time I'd play. I still have my G27 if you are looking for one!

Looking back I've had 5 different wheel and pedal sets, and the only reason is forced obsolescence.

If Microsoft kills Xbox One Controllers on Scorpio...

Hey guys, I am the one who made that YouTube video of my DD wheel with GT Sport. I really appreciate the attention this project has gotten!

Just to clear some things up about GIMX, there is full ffb support with any USB wheel, full degrees of rotation (set by driver on PC or by game on console if applicable), as well as support for multiple custom device inputs including using an axis to control a button (like for using an analogue handbrake). I am currently running my SimuCUBE + small MiGe DD wheel (using MMoS FFB driver), Fanatec pedals via USB, CSS SQ shifter and a custom Fanatec rim plug and play USB conversion I did for my direct drive wheel. That's another cool video, basically I can take any stock Fanatec rim out of the box (including the Xbox Hub) and connect it right to my DD motor, it connects both mechanically and electronically just like it would with a stock CSW base and works in game + fanaleds. So basically you can use whatever you want, even my button box works. Also, there is no lag (other than the lag that is naturally in GT Sport between the in hand wheel and the graphical wheel, this is only graphical and happens with any wheel on GT Sport) and the FFB feels correct. I do have to set the DOR within the driver when running GT Sport but I actually like this and the GIMX software tells you what the proper DOR is for the car your driving. It is actually nice because it can be adjusted while you are on track, just go to the FFB driver for you wheel (on the PC) and adjust the DOR, it will immediately be applied. You can also adjust the FFB intensity and whatever else is in the driver.

I believe this solution is superior to CronusMAX if you are running anything other than a logitech wheel or logitech emulating wheel such as Fanatec. I also do not know what if any lag is present within the CM software or what the quality of FFB is. At the end of the day though FFB only works through CM if you have a logitech or logitech emulating wheel, while GIMX can accommodate a much larger list.

Also, GIMX works with FFB on PC, PS2, PS3, and PS4, Xbox FFB support is in development. If you are not using a FFB device it will work with every console including xbox One and 360 though. This is great if you want to experience old Gran Turismo games from the PS2 era with a modern wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah but if there's any set up or configurations to perform initially via PC for use on PS4 console would it also be compatible for Mac users? That is the burning question.

Good question. Dunno if it will be compatible with mac, why not sign up to that forum & ask.

GIMX is the real deal. It allows me to use my Accuforce wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals, dual Thrustmaster THR8S shifters (one in H mode, one in sequential) on my PS4 for Driveclub, Dirt Rally and GT Sport and on my PC for Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.

Anyone got RPI working with the new gimx?
I updated gimx (and I don't know if it is because of gtsport) FFB gets stuck to one effect while using 4,1 kernel and 6,5 gimx. I tried Downgrading the kernel to 4.1 and I lose ffb altogether (but input works).

After some tinkering with usb drivers I tested gimx (again) using usb extention from my rpi hub to pc and it worked fine. so I think it is a software issue.

I'm using CSW v2 in G27 mode. I used to have It kind of working with driveclub but the problem is that I don't remember the kernel version I had.

I would like to go the opposite way actually... I have a T500RS that I'd love to make compatible with my PS2 and some older PS3 games (like F1 Championship Edition). I know GIMX has a G25-PS2 profile, but didn't see any reports on it.

If you had a Fanatec CSR or GT2 and gimx, it would work with everything on your list except the Xbox One. I understand that the gimx creator is now looking at xbox one wheel support but don't know when that will be ready.

Maybe not the right place to ask this, but I just got the GIMX, set it up, Fanatec CSR is recognized by Windows and it works, but the GIMX launcher is not detecting it as any of the Logitech wheels. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Tried downloading Logitech's software and running the wheel in PS3 mode. It's recognized by Windows as a Logitech wheel, but the launcher still can't find it.

Last edited:
Guess you were in the middle of typing before I finished my edit. I already tried that. But, thanks anyway.

Edit: Finally got it working. All I did was unplug/replug the adapter.

Last edited:
EDK
None whatsoever for me with a GIMX setup and my Fanatec Clubsport V2.
Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, I also have a Fanatec Clubsport v2 with Clubsport v3 pedals and Clubsport shifter and would love to use my setup with the PS4

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, I also have a Fanatec Clubsport v2 with Clubsport v3 pedals and Clubsport shifter and would love to use my setup with the PS4
Sure, this is the setup that I used. You will need a PC to configure and use this.

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

You'll likely need a USB hub as well, you end up needing to plug in four different USB items (GIMX, Wheel, Pedals, PS4).

Once you buy the parts and get to a point that you are working to use with your wheel, I have some additional steps you will need to take to get the pedals working.

EDK
Sure, this is the setup that I used. You will need a PC to configure and use this.

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

You'll likely need a USB hub as well, you end up needing to plug in four different USB items (GIMX, Wheel, Pedals, PS4).

Once you buy the parts and get to a point that you are working to use with your wheel, I have some additional steps you will need to take to get the pedals working.

Thank you I ordered an adapter made already from the link, I also order all parts needed to make one from Amazon to see if I could make one since the one from the GIMX store is going to take over 2 weeks to get here from France. And I want to try and use all my stuff with the GT beta since I just got an invite on 4/27/17

Thank you I ordered an adapter made already from the link, I also order all parts needed to make one from Amazon to see if I could make one since the one from the GIMX store is going to take over 2 weeks to get here from France. And I want to try and use all my stuff with the GT beta since I just got an invite on 4/27/17
OK - I had to go USB direct to PC to make my pedals work. Which meant I needed to update the Axis in the GIMX Config to recognize my pedals, and then I also had to make some changes to the HTML code that resides in a text/wordpad doc.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. I am not a coder by trade or anything, and I was able to figure it out.

Make sure you download the Logitech profiler software from their site, and your wheel will need to be used in G27 (PS3) mode.

EDK
OK - I had to go USB direct to PC to make my pedals work. Which meant I needed to update the Axis in the GIMX Config to recognize my pedals, and then I also had to make some changes to the HTML code that resides in a text/wordpad doc.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. I am not a coder by trade or anything, and I was able to figure it out.

Make sure you download the Logitech profiler software from their site, and your wheel will need to be used in G27 (PS3) mode.
Sounds good I'll see if I can get the pedals to work if not I might ask you for a copy of your code if you don't mind sharing it

Maybe not the right place to ask this, but I just got the GIMX, set it up, Fanatec CSR is recognized by Windows and it works, but the GIMX launcher is not detecting it as any of the Logitech wheels. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Tried downloading Logitech's software and running the wheel in PS3 mode. It's recognized by Windows as a Logitech wheel, but the launcher still can't find it.

Hey did you solve your issue? If not update to the latest GIMX. In the launcher go to help then update. Once you do that your inputs should be recognized so you can map all inputs. If you have issues with the steering and pedal axis' not being linear let me know.

Hey did you solve your issue? If not update to the latest GIMX. In the launcher go to help then update. Once you do that your inputs should be recognized so you can map all inputs. If you have issues with the steering and pedal axis' not being linear let me know.
The fix was simply unplugging/replugging the adapter. I don't know why.

Back