Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
So guys, I was finally able to make the arduino board flash the driver correctly in the first step of the process. I've installed the drivers and programs, the Gimx tool regonizes the DS4 and the wheel but it only runs for 3sec and crash, it generates a log report that i can't put it here right now because i'm didn't saved the log but, it says something like that:

"The adapter could not been found".

Any guess? Maybe i didn't downloaded all the drivers the gimx need, it asks what you want to download, i choose the ones i thought i needed, but maybe i forgot some. I uninstalled Gimx and installed it again but it didn't asked what the drivers i want to download like in the first time. Where can i download it?

Edit: I'm trying to use a DFGT on PS4.

Last edited:
So guys, I was finally able to make the arduino board flash the driver correctly in the first step of the process. I've installed the drivers and programs, the Gimx tool regonizes the DS4 and the wheel but it only runs for 3sec and crash, it generates a log report that i can't put it here right now because i'm didn't saved the log but, it says something like that:

"The adapter could not been found".

Any guess? Maybe i didn't downloaded all the drivers the gimx need, it asks what you want to download, i choose the ones i thought i needed, but maybe i forgot some. I uninstalled Gimx and installed it again but it didn't asked what the drivers i want to download like in the first time. Where can i download it?

Edit: I'm trying to use a DFGT on PS4.

1.Connect wheel to pc
2.Connect Gimx to pc and ps4
4.Connect ds4 to pc
3.Start ps4 with ps4 power switch (do not use ps4 controller - ps4 controller must be off)
5.Start and run Gimx
6.Connect to the ps4 using the button on the wheel that maps to the PS button

Hope it works for you.

1.Connect wheel to pc
4.Connect ds4 to pc
3.Start ps4 with ps4 power switch (do not use ps4 controller - ps4 controller must be off)
5.Start and run Gimx

Hope it works for you.

I've tried what you told me and bow the messages show "can't read packet header"

EDIT: IT WORKED!! Thank you so much, mate! You really made my day with this tips.:gtpflag::gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'm trying to setup a GIMX to use my Fanatec Clubsport on PS4.

When I have the Clubsport in PS3 Mode (which I understand it needs to be in order to work with GIMX), the PC believes that I have a Logitec Driving Force Wheel. In other words, when I open the device manager and expand to game controllers, the Driving Force is what shows up. If I have the same wheel plugged into PC without being in PS3 mode, it shows up as what it is, Fanatec Clubsport.

However, even when I load the Driving Force OR DFGT Config file, the GIMX software does not recognize my wheel as being plugged into the PC. I don't believe any downstream issues between the adapter and PS4, or the order of turning it on, etc. would impact this. I believe until I get the GIMX program to recognize the wheel as being there, it's not going to work.

BTW, I plugged the DS4 into the PC, GIMX can see it, and I can control the PS4 using the DS4 plugged into PC. I'm not sure if this is confirmation that my GIMX is working as intended, but I thought I would mention.

Any ideas from you guys on this? I am going to keep hammering away at it over the weekend, but hoping to avoid a bunch of wasted effort.

EDK
I'm trying to setup a GIMX to use my Fanatec Clubsport on PS4.

When I have the Clubsport in PS3 Mode (which I understand it needs to be in order to work with GIMX), the PC believes that I have a Logitec Driving Force Wheel. In other words, when I open the device manager and expand to game controllers, the Driving Force is what shows up. If I have the same wheel plugged into PC without being in PS3 mode, it shows up as what it is, Fanatec Clubsport.

However, even when I load the Driving Force OR DFGT Config file, the GIMX software does not recognize my wheel as being plugged into the PC. I don't believe any downstream issues between the adapter and PS4, or the order of turning it on, etc. would impact this. I believe until I get the GIMX program to recognize the wheel as being there, it's not going to work.

BTW, I plugged the DS4 into the PC, GIMX can see it, and I can control the PS4 using the DS4 plugged into PC. I'm not sure if this is confirmation that my GIMX is working as intended, but I thought I would mention.

Any ideas from you guys on this? I am going to keep hammering away at it over the weekend, but hoping to avoid a bunch of wasted effort.

Not sure how this would play out since you're using a Fanatec wheel, but in my experience, when using a Logitech wheel with GIMX on the PC running windows (I'm assuming you're running windows..?) the Logitech gaming software needs to be installed and running or GIMX won't recognize the wheel as being connected (sounds like what you're describing).

At least older versions of GIMX have done that for me when I tried to use computers that I had never used my wheel with before. I would install GIMX, hook everything up and get all excited. Windows would see the wheel, but GIMX would not recognize it and I would hang my head until I remember to load the Logitech software, and then I would work and I'd get excited again. Worked that way on my HTPC and an old atom laptop I used to run GIMX at one point.

If that does work and the wheel is recognized, I'm not sure what version of Logitech wheel you would need to use the configuration for..?

Fingers Crossed on your behalf.

Not sure how this would play out since you're using a Fanatec wheel, but in my experience, when using a Logitech wheel with GIMX on the PC running windows (I'm assuming you're running windows..?) the Logitech gaming software needs to be installed and running or GIMX won't recognize the wheel as being connected (sounds like what you're describing).

At least older versions of GIMX have done that for me when I tried to use computers that I had never used my wheel with before. I would install GIMX, hook everything up and get all excited. Windows would see the wheel, but GIMX would not recognize it and I would hang my head until I remember to load the Logitech software, and then I would work and I'd get excited again. Worked that way on my HTPC and an old atom laptop I used to run GIMX at one point.

If that does work and the wheel is recognized, I'm not sure what version of Logitech wheel you would need to use the configuration for..?

Fingers Crossed on your behalf.
Thanks, I will do that next. Was not sure I needed it, since the computer already recognized it.

And yes, I am using Windows 10.1 64 bit.

EDK
Thanks, I will do that next. Was not sure I needed it, since the computer already recognized it.

And yes, I am using Windows 10.1 64 bit.

Let us know how it works out. I've read plenty of people ask about using GIMX with a Fanatec, but I have not come across anyone who has said what their results were. Sure it would help a lot of Fanatec's out there in the GIMX community.

You might also want to look into a Linux setup if windows doesn't let GIMX happen with a Fanatec wheel. Everything for the Logitech wheels is in the GIMX software already so the extra Logitech software isn't needed in a Linux setup.

Let us know how it works out. I've read plenty of people ask about using GIMX with a Fanatec, but I have not come across anyone who has said what their results were. Sure it would help a lot of Fanatec's out there in the GIMX community.

You might also want to look into a Linux setup if windows doesn't let GIMX happen with a Fanatec wheel. Everything for the Logitech wheels is in the GIMX software already so the extra Logitech software isn't needed in a Linux setup.
So I downloaded the Logitech profiler, it recognized my wheel as a G27, which is what I previously believed Fanatec emulates.

So I changed to that config, and it is recognized when I check it (good thing!).

But now I get an error when I hit start, it says "No USB to Serial Device Selected".

Ideas on what that means?

Fixed the above, and was able to launch, but now I am getting a "can't read packet header" error in the GIMX.exe window when it comes up.

EDK
Fixed the above, and was able to launch, but now I am getting a "can't read packet header" error in the GIMX.exe window when it comes up.

Make sure your adapter is connected correctly (see the gimx website) and flashed with the correct firmware - for a ps4 wheel, use the EMUG29 firmware that matches your chip.

This is the sequence I follow to get it working everytime.

1.Connect wheel to pc
3.Connect ds4 to pc
4.Start ps4 with ps4 power switch (do not use ps4 controller - ps4 controller must be off)
5.Start and run Gimx

For my Fanatec CSR wheel, I get it into Logitech ps3 mode before starting by plugging it to the ps4 (ps4 switched on at the power switch), switching on the wheel and setting it to ps3 mode, pull out the wheel usb cable and start at 1. Also skip 4. since ps4 is already on.

Hope this helps..

Make sure your adapter is connected correctly (see the gimx website) and flashed with the correct firmware - for a ps4 wheel, use the EMUG29 firmware that matches your chip.

This is the sequence I follow to get it working everytime.

1.Connect wheel to pc
3.Connect ds4 to pc
4.Start ps4 with ps4 power switch (do not use ps4 controller - ps4 controller must be off)
5.Start and run Gimx

For my Fanatec CSR wheel, I get it into Logitech ps3 mode before starting by plugging it to the ps4 (ps4 switched on at the power switch), switching on the wheel and setting it to ps3 mode, pull out the wheel usb cable and start at 1. Also skip 4. since ps4 is already on.

Hope this helps..
Thanks. I think I might have have had a wiring issue and blown up the CP2102. The PC now will not recognize it, and I think I had it wired to the GRN vs the GND. So I plan to go buy another tomorrow locally and see what I can make work.

Much appreciated. 👍

I got my GIMX working tonight, the PS4 recognizes the wheel and I am able to control menus and so forth. I am now having a problem with pedal calibration, both pedals read as being on 50% as default. I cannot figure out a way to recalibrate just using the Logitech profiler, any ideas?

EDK
I got my GIMX working tonight, the PS4 recognizes the wheel and I am able to control menus and so forth. I am now having a problem with pedal calibration, both pedals read as being on 50% as default. I cannot figure out a way to recalibrate just using the Logitech profiler, any ideas?

Do the pedals show 100% in the Logitech profiler? What pedals are you using, and are they connected to the wheel or pc?

I am reinstalling the profiler now, I cannot find a way to calibrate in the profiler.

They are Clubsport V3 inverted, plugged direct into the wheel, and I also tried my old pedals just in case, CSR Elites.

So I am at the calibration step and this is what I have. As soon as I depress the throttle is makes the brake go 50% on, then when I press the brake, vice versa. Maybe I will try calibrating with my other pedals?

upload_2017-4-3_20-25-59.png

EDIT: I tried the other pedals and it does the same thing.

My CSR Elite pedals show 100% when connected to my CSR wheel. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry. I thought it could have been a gimx setting but this is not. My pedals also follow the full range of travel - low at low pedal, high at max pedal travel.

Maybe try another usb port?

Also, you can still use the pedals connected directly to a usb port. You wiill just need to adjust the gimx xml file

Also, you can still use the pedals connected directly to a usb port. You wiill just need to adjust the gimx xml file
I am definitely up for trying this, I already tried just plugging them in with the USB.

How would I go about what you are suggesting (adjusting the GIMX xml file)?

EDIT: The other thing I was thinking of is that I recently updated the firmware on my wheel, and I am wondering if I should try reverting to old firmware? I am quite sure the G27 emulation was update in some way, as the power button LED now turns from red to white when I enter this mode, that's not something that happened before.

Before you try editing the xml file, test your pedals to see if they register up to 100%. Under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, right click on your pedals and select properties.

If they are ok, you will need to edit your current config.
1. Open gimx-config
2. "File \ Open config directory" and make a backup of your current config file
3. "File \ Open" your current config
4. Select the Axis tab and map the gas , brake and clutch
5. For each axis, eg gas, select from the "Axis" select box. Or if it is already mapped in the list, click on it and click the modify button - this should update all the entries Axiz, Dz, Sens etc
6. Click Autodetect and press the pedal you are trying to update. If you move the mouse, it may pick up that instead of the pedal - I've done that before, so look out for that.
7. Click save and try gimx.

Hope it works for you.

Another 2 cents - you could also rollback the firmware update on your wheel first and see if that fixes the problem.

Hello to all of you, i was wondering if anyone could help me get my wheel to work. im working with a macbook and running virtual box with windows 7, but there is an issue with the com ports not recognizing the arduino for some reason. if anyone know a lil bit about virtual box or what i need to do let me know thanks.

Hello to all of you, i was wondering if anyone could help me get my wheel to work. im working with a macbook and running virtual box with windows 7, but there is an issue with the com ports not recognizing the arduino for some reason. if anyone know a lil bit about virtual box or what i need to do let me know thanks.
I don't think virtual box is supported by gimx, have a look at bootcamp to run windows on your mac

I don't think virtual box is supported by gimx, have a look at bootcamp to run windows on your mac

Ardueno opens up but i think i found out what i need to do. I need to find the mac style port on terminal and route that someway to the settings in virtualbox

EDK
I am quite sure the G27 emulation was update in some way, as the power button LED now turns from red to white when I enter this mode, that's not something that happened before.
When Fanatec moved to G27 emulation? I recall them support only G25, if that's still case you might have wrong setup on GIMX.

Is anyone tested that "PnP GIMX" $62 deal of Raspberry Pi with GIMX USB plug, full standalone?
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p...heel-on-ps4-using-raspberry-pi-3-running-gimx

When Fanatec moved to G27 emulation? I recall them support only G25, if that's still case you might have wrong setup on GIMX.

Is anyone tested that "PnP GIMX" $62 deal of Raspberry Pi with GIMX USB plug, full standalone?
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p...heel-on-ps4-using-raspberry-pi-3-running-gimx
The PC recognizes the wheel as a G27 when I put the wheel in PS3 mode and launch the Logitech profiler. And the wheel controls work fine, all the buttons and even steering and feedback. It's just the car won't go anywhere with 50 percent gas and brake simultaneously employed.

Project Cars in game on PC sees the same, I messed with that just to see.

I saw that emulator but went the DIY for Dummies route, as it was a little cheaper and a lot faster.

EDK
The PC recognizes the wheel as a G27 when I put the wheel in PS3 mode and launch the Logitech profiler.

I saw that emulator but went the DIY for Dummies route, as it was a little cheaper and a lot faster.
I don't know current firmware on Fanatec, if they really changed PS3 mode to G27 emulation.

Running GIMX on PC is faster, I'm just lazy and ordered that standalone RPi3+GIMX packet, if it's not enough there's lot of room to OC RPi, 20% more is not a big deal from RPi, my old RPi is OC'd lot more. By looking ressource usage with faulty GIMX setup (running joystick emu too) there was just enough speed to operate. Hoping at it's enough ;)

EDK
The PC recognizes the wheel as a G27 when I put the wheel in PS3 mode and launch the Logitech profiler. And the wheel controls work fine, all the buttons and even steering and feedback. It's just the car won't go anywhere with 50 percent gas and brake simultaneously employed.

Check the Logitech driver setting and see if you have combined pedals (or axis) on - it should be off.

Last edited:
Check the Logitech driver setting and see if you have combined pedals (or axis) on - it should be off.
It was off. At one point, I even tried turning it on to see what would happen, but that of course made it worse. :lol:

I managed to get the Pedals assigned in the GIMX config with a USB connection to the PC, using your earlier instructions.

Now my problem is close to the opposite of what it was. The pedals now work, but they do not register at all until at 50% travel, and then they will run the full range from 0-100 in half the space.

Any idea if there might be adjustments I could make in the GIMX configurator? The pedal travel looks fine in the Logitech driver menu on the PC.

I don't have access to my gaming pc right now (at work) but if you look at the default xml files, there are some adjustments after the pedal assignments something with number 8192 and some correction stuff - you will need to make the same settings to your pedals. I'll post my xml file when I get home, hopefully you'll sort it out before then.

Found it on the gimx forum - just the correction for your pedals (this example was for the pedals connected seperately)

Code:
<axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Fanatec USB Pedals"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_19" label="clutch">
          <event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list>
        <correction low_value="32767" low_coef="-8192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
          <event type="axis" id="0"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="2"/>
        </correction>
      </joystick_corrections_list>

I don't have access to my gaming pc right now (at work) but if you look at the default xml files, there are some adjustments after the pedal assignments something with number 8192 and some correction stuff - you will need to make the same settings to your pedals. I'll post my xml file when I get home, hopefully you'll sort it out before then.

Found it on the gimx forum - just the correction for your pedals (this example was for the pedals connected seperately)

Code:
<axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_19" label="clutch">
          <event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list>
          <event type="axis" id="0"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="2"/>
        </correction>
      </joystick_corrections_list>
Thanks, I started messing with dead zones (but backed up the config first) and while that was doing something, it was not what I needed it to do. :lol:

I will try figuring this out, but might need a bit more step by step. I am a bit of a noob at this stuff, but really appreciate all your help. 👍

Back