How to wash my car

• Thread starter solvalou46
  • 54 comments
anyone found a solution to fix / clean cars ? i can't find anything like it in the menus, not in the garage, nowhere.

i want my aston vulcan to be repaired!

its dirty and scratched in every mode btw: photo scapes, watch car in the garage and even the thumbnails

edit: changing cars in the garage doesn't help either, its saved to the car

I'm dead serious! but i think its some kind of bug. now after another time trial its clean again (in the beginning of the time trial i changed the camera and the dirt / damage was still there and even after driving to the pit it didn't get repaired but during the replay the damage/ dirt was magically gone from the beginning.

edit: so if anyone wants to put damaged cars in photo scopes, its definitely possible right now, all i did before the bug was to race 1 time trial at lago maggiore and hit a few walls before quitting to the menus.

i wasn't able to recreate the bug but i did a scape while having the bug. search for the tag "damage" on uploaded photos, the pic name is "vulcan '16" from my psn acc: "FXKreative" check out the area around the headlight you can clearly see its damaged. if i knew this was a bug i would have taken more pics close up.

i made a photo of the thumbnail of my vulcan, and its still like this on the thumbnail but clean in garage view and scapes:

20171017_180032.jpg

like i said I'm honest and not trolling with some kind of self made livery or something.

Last edited:
i wasn't able to recreate the bug but i did a scape while having the bug. search for the tag "damage" on uploaded photos, the pic name is "vulcan '16" from my psn acc: "FXKreative" check out the area around the headlight you can clearly see its damaged. if i knew this was a bug i would have taken more pics close up.

i made a photo of the thumbnail of my vulcan, and its still like this on the thumbnail but clean in garage view and scapes:

View attachment 681067

like i said I'm honest and not trolling with some kind of self made livery or something.
An in-game screenshot instead of off-screen picture would be nice, but yeah I can (barely) make out it’s damage and not a reflection. Weird.

I was not joking when I started this thread. My car paint is all dirty and I cant fix it.
try doing another race with it and watch the replay, helped on my car (but not my thumbnail) but before that make some in game screenshot to prove our bug :D

PD spent so much money on GT Sport development that they could only afford a car wash at the Time Trial location :D

Why u don't paint it again?
That should fix the color problem, i guess...

That might fix the dirty car but it doesn't say much for "the real driving simulator" LOL
I don't paint my car when it gets dirty, but maybe race teams do?
I would probably paint my car after repairing damage though... whoa... maybe it's not a bug ^_^

That might fix the dirty car but it doesn't say much for "the real driving simulator" LOL
I don't paint my car when it gets dirty, but maybe race teams do?
I would probably paint my car after repairing damage though... whoa... maybe it's not a bug ^_^

Oh well, YES i got your point. LOL

Must be a glitch or something. ;)

This is really bothering me as well... The thumbnail is dirty. Apparently going into a pit stop is where u can bring up repairs menu... I don't know if it cleans the car tho. But that would be a very stupid and tedious way just to wash a car...

So much about the QA-Team at Polyphony....
Sometimes I ask myself how long they play their own games. Noone of the testers has seen this effect ?!?!?!?!?!
;-)))
Crazy

This is really bothering me as well... The thumbnail is dirty. Apparently going into a pit stop is where u can bring up repairs menu... I don't know if it cleans the car tho. But that would be a very stupid and tedious way just to wash a car...

the thumbnail of my vulcan is clean now, after a few races with other cars fixed it, i guess the game rebuilds the thumbnails automatically at some point. in gt 5 was an option to rebuild thumbnails, no?

the thumbnail of my vulcan is clean now, after a few races with other cars fixed it, i guess the game rebuilds the thumbnails automatically at some point. in gt 5 was an option to rebuild thumbnails, no?
Yes in the previous games there was a button to refresh the thumbnail, but not in gt sport

My Porsche 911 GT3 is still damaged. Maybe I’ll try another time trial and see if that solves the problem. A rather annoying “feature” to say the least as I wanted to take a photo of the car.

I tried painting, but that didn’t help as the car was still damaged.

Back