How We'd Fix GT Sport's Mileage Exchange

I’ll never understand why something that can be improved immeasurably, with such little effort, is left stagnant, and effectively dead.

How difficult is it to model more wheels, a couple of generic aero parts, race seats, dials. Why no new decals (although not priority with upload feature), driver poses etc.

That’s before we get onto the ability to sell duplicate cars for credits/mileage points.

The ability to buy extra spins on the Daily There-Are-Seriously-People-Unironically-Defending-This-One-Car-Per-Day-Reward-System Wheel. Perhaps have it be available in several tiers, with the cheapest one being essentially hail Marying it and the most expensive one being guaranteed a prize car worth more than 10 million credits?

I realise this is basically premium-tier lootboxes (which is a bad thing), but if it - even in the slightest - helps fix the reward system for the substantial amount of players that percieve it as broken beyond belief, it's an improvement.

I can't imagine it'd be particularly hard to implement either.

(oh boy, am I looking forward to seeing what sort of response this will have had in the morning)

Agree, but a couple of remarks to this. First, fix the spin system (or make it fair, if it is deliberate). I had a Ferrari P4 in the selection circle once. Knowing exactly the amount of hops, I was already jumping up and down, happy I won a 20M car, but when the turn came to do the last jump, instead of continuing the sequence, the light jumped across (to this day, this is the only time I saw this). Also the worthless duplicates, which brings me to point two. Let us sell gifted cars (and not for 1/3 of the price). I'm missing only 7 cars, but they're worth 107,5M and I'm at level 50 with 315M credits earned. I'm not going to get much more any time soon.

Agree, but a couple of remarks to this. First, fix the spin system (or make it fair, if it is deliberate). I had a Ferrari P4 in the selection circle once. Knowing exactly the amount of hops, I was already jumping up and down, happy I won a 20M car, but when the turn came to do the last jump, instead of continuing the sequence, the light jumped across (to this day, this is the only time I saw this). Also the worthless duplicates, which brings me to point two. Let us sell gifted cars (and not for 1/3 of the price). I'm missing only 7 cars, but they're worth 107,5M and I'm at level 50 with 315M credits earned. I'm not going to get much more any time soon.

Yeah but, changing topic slightly - the plethora of cars is rendered almost pointless when Sport Mode never utilises them. How many times have we have Mini Coopers on Suzuka East for gods sake?! There are plenty of other N100 cars that they have never included in these weekly races.

Also, why have such a good livery designer but then only allow it to be used in Races B and C?! I'm all for Race A supplying the car if need be, but if you have the same model in your garage with a livery that you have designed, then you should be able to use it.

They should make an additional slot for original colors.
There are many original car colors, so we would get new colors for a few weeks

I mentioned a while ago, making manufacturer specific items available. Say, the Gazoo Racing steering wheel from the Gr.4 Toyota 86.

It would be available for any Toyota/Lexus vehicle. How sweet it would be to add on the AE86!

Bring back the Original Equipment(OE) wheel option.
Fitting a set of Ford GT40 wheels to the Shelby GT350, would be cool.

Indeed, the easiest thing are the original decals. Once I choose to create a livery, the switch decal in the MiEx, isn't the same as the ones in the original livery.

There's plenty PD could do, to keep players interests high.

Of course there is plenty PD can do but they aren't interested. For them GT is still above everything. They barely learn from competitors. Things like the mileage store would be adjustable within a few days.

I don't understand them.

Of course there is plenty PD can do but they aren't interested. For them GT is still above everything. They barely learn from competitors. Things like the mileage store would be adjustable within a few days.

I don't understand them.
That’s the most disappointing aspect of all of this. Various tweaks would have been made within weeks, if not days, by other major developers. They’re running (effectively) a GAAS. Yet seemingly have no idea how to engage, and bring back, players, beyond irregular content updates. Even then they just dump a tweet and leave it at that.

That’s the most disappointing aspect of all of this. Various tweaks would have been made within weeks, if not days, by other major developers. They’re running (effectively) a GAAS. Yet seemingly have no idea how to engage, and bring back, players, beyond irregular content updates. Even then they just dump a tweet and leave it at that.

And you know why, right? I have been arguing with GTS fans about this for ages. GTS made about the same amount of money in the first month (1,3M copies at full game price) as a successful simulator during whole life (i.e. AC). Since then, taking the discounts after first month into account, it made maybe double that (1/3 of the price, ~3x the copies of first month, just a rough estimate). The game has been paid for twice over, so they're safe until PS5 and people lose their minds when they add "free" content, and how they take care about the game, but they clearly have no motivation anymore and you can see that in the state of the game. They keep adding cars and tracks, as they will use them in next games too, but thats about all I can see is being updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slight tangent but alot of hassle could be avoided if the big companies and even the small opened an official decal page across all platforms, so for example GT Sport, Shell official decal,or BP official decal,the advertising potential and brand enhancement couldn't be but favourable for them. Trolling through photos to get the right era authentic decal for cars and then making them is work I could do without, be so nice if you could just go to say Shell decal and pick the right decal. So if anyone has any influence or just feels like emailing company's marketing departments to suggest they archive their motorsport sponsorship heritage on a decal page please do it ! I've put my GT Sport id up so you can view my attempts at making decals often from scratch and without computer which I've yet to figure out how to do, just got Windows 10 for Dummies book lol !

All of the suggestions in the article are solid. I just don't see PD doing anything about it, which is a damn shame since the shop could've been so much more.

Fix: Don't win a car already in your garage or won already (so if you win one, delete it, it doesn't come back). That way there's actually some progress in the garage relating to the completion of races. Such a simple fix...

Having duplicates is the only way in this game to make sure that you don't easily win every single car. If you could always win a car you don't already have then it wouldn't be long before you could win every single one of them.

Throw all paint chips, car, and wheels to mil exchange.
Then after that put new wheels that use on racecar in GTS, like wheels on NSX GT500 2016 that had been use for ARTA M6 GT3 (brand is Work) or just added HRE wheels we even have the logo geee

More manufacturer colors and new driver poses. That's all I ask for in terms of Mileage Exchange Store improvements.

When they introduced new driver poses back in last year's July Update, I was excited because I hoped that they'll add more driver poses in the future but nope it didn't happened.

Slight tangent but alot of hassle could be avoided if the big companies and even the small opened an official decal page across all platforms, so for example GT Sport, Shell official decal,or BP official decal,the advertising potential and brand enhancement couldn't be but favourable for them. Trolling through photos to get the right era authentic decal for cars and then making them is work I could do without, be so nice if you could just go to say Shell decal and pick the right decal. So if anyone has any influence or just feels like emailing company's marketing departments to suggest they archive their motorsport sponsorship heritage on a decal page please do it ! I've put my GT Sport id up so you can view my attempts at making decals often from scratch and without computer which I've yet to figure out how to do, just got Windows 10 for Dummies book lol !

Speaking of decals, I wish you could sort the downloaded decals. Yeah you can create "favorite" folders, but those are limited to 100 per, and only I think 8 folders. Hate downloading a decal and then spending 5 minutes trying to find it.

My stats show 76,670 MP earned and 28,956 used. Never found the Mileage Exchange all that exciting and was bored with it after a month. Could have been a lot more and thought MP could be used for discounts on cars in the dealerships. Don’t care for driver poses, helmet designs and decals I’ll never use,

Basically, return GTAuto but you can only spend MiEx there.

All the rims, paints, poses, hemlets, decals, special cars, in one place, all in assorted brands ect. (And OP oil changes)

They had this over 15 years ago! And in every Gran Turismo, but GT3 and GT4 assorted parts the best. Why didnt they just plonk milage points into it!

Also, would be EPIC to see a return for custom wings and aero, which MiEx can purchase.

gran-turismo-4-image634251.jpg

688full-gran-turismo-4-screenshot.jpg

Qeue the music!

I'd really like all the colours to be available all the time.
The first time i loaded the game there was a great McLaren orange but i was new. I didn't understand how quickly you accumulated Mileage Pts so I didn't buy it.
7 months later, I have 70,000Mi (after buying lots of cars upgrades and tires) and have never seen that orange since.

Having duplicates is the only way in this game to make sure that you don't easily win every single car. If you could always win a car you don't already have then it wouldn't be long before you could win every single one of them.

Kind of my point I think - I've bought the game, and other than the investment of my personal time will eventually achieve all cars I've paid for everything already.
But why should I be restricted to having to play the game endlessly to get all the cars? Surely reasonable that if I just play and win cars I'll eventually get all of them. At a car or two a night (about what I get) I'm still at 130 or so gaming sessions, at an hour a session that's not bad in terms of gameplay from a purchase.

But with the lottery approach, I'm having to put in hour after hour on it on the off chance I'll get a car that I've not already got five of. It's a pain, for me at least and a primary reason I gave up sadly.

Making the additional manufacture paints available would add probably almost 100 new items (if not more) to the pool, and adding the AI’s League liveries could also be a good item to cycle.

Other ideas I’ve come up with just now are some additional windshield banners, race number plates, and decal shapes.

When it comes to paint chips I wish we got the paint chip if we bought or won the car. Really I just want a Bleu Alpine paint chip. Or maybe some VGT colors. As for the cars you can buy there make the turnover rate higher or at least up the selection. Maybe offer one safety car, one Group 3 road car and one Group B road car at any given time and change them daily. I've been collecting every homologation special color and the Evo and Atenza have still never been offered in more than one color.

I’m still praying for our Bleu Alpine. I’m glad to see you haven’t given up either!

Basically, return GTAuto but you can only spend MiEx there.

All the rims, paints, poses, hemlets, decals, special cars, in one place, all in assorted brands ect. (And OP oil changes)

They had this over 15 years ago! And in every Gran Turismo, but GT3 and GT4 assorted parts the best. Why didnt they just plonk milage points into it!

Also, would be EPIC to see a return for custom wings and aero, which MiEx can purchase.

View attachment 819789
View attachment 819790
Qeue the music!
I do think all of this will return in GT7.

But GT Sport was such an eSports focused title (at least initially). Many of these customisation options went by the wayside. They likely had their hands full balancing Gr.1-4 for online competition. Also the reason why we have Gr.X and are missing things like race brake upgrades.

What I miss the most, are the body options, like we had in GT6, for example the VW Beetle, removing the bumpers and a choise between different rear wings made it a real joy to spec out your beetle. Together with livery editor that would be amazing. Like with the muscle cars you can do removing bumpers and adding more 80-ish wings or hoods with air intakes etc..

Hopefully someone from PD reads this thread one day or night and come to Kaz.. 'We've to do something with this' (in Japanese ofcourse)

:gtpflag:

Well that was an excellent article as always!

I must admit it would be cool to see the return of the old driving gear and helmet options to a future mileage exchange, the old selection of racing suits and helmets was a great idea and one I miss from early GT#s.

It would also be a nice thing if they did some livery tickets you could buy with mileage exchange where you got a random livery ticket for one of
the liveries they added to GT League cars that you could then use it yourself rather than having to make the livery each time or upload a new livery
to change the colour.

I actually had to use some mile exchange points recently which is probably the first time since June last year.

What I miss the most, are the body options, like we had in GT6, for example the VW Beetle, removing the bumpers and a choise between different rear wings made it a real joy to spec out your beetle. Together with livery editor that would be amazing. Like with the muscle cars you can do removing bumpers and adding more 80-ish wings or hoods with air intakes etc..

Hopefully someone from PD reads this thread one day or night and come to Kaz.. 'We've to do something with this' (in Japanese ofcourse)

:gtpflag:

As amazing as the livery editor is, it's frustrating that the option for aero kits is notably absent. The livery editor was long overdue, and it felt like such a significant step in the personalization of one's car, but they took two steps back by omitting the aero kit feature. I don't understand why we can't have both, especially when a good number of road cars are holdover premiums from GT5/GT6 that had unique aero kits in those predecessor titles.

Last edited:
Did PD ever fulfill a user request? I don't think so. But: If you know about the massive bugs Project Cars 2 had and still has, you can be really lucky with what you've got.

PD and SMS are both there to make money. And making money has nothing to do with being honest.

Bring back the system from GT6, where you could get significantly more cars from the “used car” lot.

I don’t build liveries, the safety and Gr.3 cars aren’t good, and I have 45,000 mileage points built up. What PD had before the Exchange was significantly better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back