How We'd Fix GT Sport's Mileage Exchange

The wheels should be 100 each. That means, we could buy one wheel and use one wheel on any corner of the car. Similar to the Hyundai Genesis race cars.

It would also help if we could offer players ME for a set of wheels we don't have and in specific colors or stock. One detail I found astounding is, after racing in FIA, my wheels were all scratched. If players could sell a set of "used" wheels or even if PD offered used wheels on discount, that would spice up some liveries.

Also, back on the topic of paints, why such restricted access to proper manufacturer paints? I've had the game since June 2018, & can only recall seeing 2 in all that time. Maybe I missed some, but cmon, that's ridiculous. And, the "special" paints that PD offers mostly look like Xmas tree decoration Barbie doll reject bargain bin sale items.

@talhaONE - You know what I mean geez! They're a little bit too "sparkly" for my liking init. Don't get me wrong, some of them are ok; I have cars painted with two of them that are kind of decent looking. But, the rest are hideous IMHO. Some look ok as accent colours, but to do a whole car in most of them simply looks vulgar.

:yuck:

Oh, for sure. Still wasting time grinding though. A Daily Race won't get me much Cr. and points. Still takes(me) a while to accumulate 10k points.
The wheels should be 100 each. That means, we could buy one wheel and use one wheel on any corner of the car. Similar to the Hyundai Genesis race cars.

It would also help if we could offer players ME for a set of wheels we don't have and in specific colors or stock. One detail I found astounding is, after racing in FIA, my wheels were all scratched. If players could sell a set of "used" wheels or even if PD offered used wheels on discount, that would spice up some liveries.
You said your wheels were scratched, but couldn't you just paint over them with your livery editor?

I had wondered about how many cars were ultimately available in MiEx. Over the past couple of months, I think I might have seen about four. The same BMW and Merc Safety Cars keep popping up and then I think there was a Mustang Road Car and maybe some other car. I just buy them as they pop up if I don't have it but I wasn't sure if new cars were added only every few months. I usually buy all the paints and wheels I don't have but I don't really need them since I just download made liveries. Buying stuff in the MiEx just gives me a reason to use up mileage points. I can't think of what else I could use the mileage points for, as I think I have all the cars (300+) and they're all upgraded to the max. The only thing that uses up mileage points significantly are upgrading the 20,000,000 credit cars but I've done all those. I think it takes 60,000 mileage points to max upgrade each of those high-roller cars. Mileage points are mostly useless for me at this point. I hate that 99,999 limits. So annoying as I go over that number and get nothing for it.

Then I wouldn't have all the mileage points... I love collecting them! *sarcasm
PD is doing it that way to keep you interested. You now lie awake at night thinking about what new wheels or paints you'll buy next week. /s

Last edited by a moderator:
You said your wheels were scratched, but couldn't you just paint over them with your livery editor?
All scratches get fixed once you exit the race.

I'm saying the scratched wheels should be available to add to the feel o a rusted car livery or an old car players have, etc.

I had wondered about how many cars were ultimately available in MiEx. Over the past couple of months, I think I might have seen about four. The same BMW and Merc Safety Cars keep popping up and then I think there was a Mustang Road Car and maybe some other car. I just buy them as they pop up if I don't have it but I wasn't sure if new cars were added only every few months. I usually buy all the paints and wheels I don't have but I don't really need them since I just download made liveries. Buying stuff in the MiEx just gives me a reason to use up mileage points. I can't think of what else I could use the mileage points for, as I think I have all the cars (300+) and they're all upgraded to the max. The only thing that uses up mileage points significantly are upgrading the 20,000,000 credit cars but I've done all those. I think it takes 60,000 mileage points to max upgrade each of those high-roller cars. Mileage points are mostly useless for me at this point. I hate that 99,999 limits. So annoying as I go over that number and get nothing for it.

PD is doing it that way to keep you interested. You now lie awake at night thinking about what new wheels or paints you'll buy next week. /s

There are 7 or 8 road cars on rotation (someone will probably correct me on the number...). They normally rotate every 2 weeks, except when they forget and nothing happens for a month as happened recently! Evolution X road car is always in the same red colour for some bizarre reason... there is one other with no range of colours. The others at least change colours when they rotate.

VBR
@talhaONE - You know what I mean geez! They're a little bit too "sparkly" for my liking init. Don't get me wrong, some of them are ok; I have cars painted with two of them that are kind of decent looking. But, the rest are hideous IMHO. Some look ok as accent colours, but to do a whole car in most of them simply looks vulgar.

:yuck:

I agree, I feel like every color in the “special paint” category is at maximum saturation for it’s given hue and finish, it’d be nice to have some variability, perhaps faded or old generation type paints. The latter was in the GT5 paint pack (pretty sure all of those carried over to GT6) so it’s not like it’s an outlandish thing for PD to offer.

Do you guys think there should be more Gr.3 and Gr.B road cars?

I’ve been thinking this too, I believe most if not all of the current crop are variations of the PD fantasy creations, if PD stuck just with that criteria then there’d be the Jag, Beetle, and NSX Gr. 3s, and basically every Gr. B that isn’t the Audi on tap. If they don’t go about adding aero parts I think it’d be neat if they did similar stuff with the Gr. 4 cars. The more race-y suspension and minor weight saving and aero bits would do a bit more than the basic BoP power/weight sliders for the normal stock N-class versions.

I agree, I feel like every color in the “special paint” category is at maximum saturation for it’s given hue and finish, it’d be nice to have some variability, perhaps faded or old generation type paints. The latter was in the GT5 paint pack (pretty sure all of those carried over to GT6) so it’s not like it’s an outlandish thing for PD to offer.

I’ve been thinking this too, I believe most if not all of the current crop are variations of the PD fantasy creations, if PD stuck just with that criteria then there’d be the Jag, Beetle, and NSX Gr. 3s, and basically every Gr. B that isn’t the Audi on tap. If they don’t go about adding aero parts I think it’d be neat if they did similar stuff with the Gr. 4 cars. The more race-y suspension and minor weight saving and aero bits would do a bit more than the basic BoP power/weight sliders for the normal stock N-class versions.
I'd love the proper race suspension and "wheel spacers" the Gr.4 cars come with.

Tie In The Social Features
There’s also the prospect of quasi-monetizing the creative talents of GT Sport players. The Discover feature from the official website and in the game itself could appear within the MiEx instead.

Why? Well, when you download another user’s decal for your own livery, you could pay them a small amount of your own Mi points — say five or so. For that matter, entire liveries could appear here; what better way to incentivize the creation and sharing of decals and liveries than paying the creator for each download?

This would only enhance the game’s other social features too. When hunting for decals and liveries, the number of likes, reposts and comments could guide players towards the best items, making these a more useful mechanic.

It’s a mechanic that the Forza franchise has successfully implemented for two generations now. There, players earn a different amount of credits based on likes, uses, and downloads. Not just for liveries either, but for logos/layer groups, as well as tunes. It creates an entirely new path for players to earn credits instead of running the same money-spinning races.

THIS.

Especially considering how broken the search function for liveries and decals is in the Discovery tab. I mean if I look up what liveries are available for a certain car I have to cycle between 24-48 hour periods since the game came out. So stupid. Can't they just load all the most recent at once to a limit of a a certain number per page like basically every search engine in existence?

Firstly, let me reiterate just how much i love all things Gran Turismo related.
And how much I appreciate all the time and effort Kaz & the team at PD, have spent in producing / improving & expanding these Games.
But as a Loyal Customer, I feel that the Mileage Exchange is only one, of a host of things that should be improved / changed in the next "Gran Turismo" incarnation. (PD: Perhaps it's time to get some GT on-line racers on board ?)

A lot of the metallic paints are good for highlights but not for painting the whole car. Want a metallic white car with a metallic red stripe? Nope.

The livery editor needs to have the "decal" editor be able to select custom paints.

That's a killer. Players can't even recreate the Atenza liveries, because the stripes are metallic/metal. On the flipside, players can have the metallic "stripes" by leaving those areas open and decal around, like a stencil. However, the decals themselves still can't be painted a metallic hue, to mimic the default body color. A no win situation.

A lot of the metallic paints are good for highlights but not for painting the whole car. Want a metallic white car with a metallic red stripe? Nope.

The livery editor needs to have the "decal" editor be able to select custom paints.
That's a killer. Players can't even recreate the Atenza liveries, because the stripes are metallic/metal. On the flipside, players can have the metallic "stripes" by leaving those areas open and decal around, like a stencil. However, the decals themselves still can't be painted a metallic hue, to mimic the default body color. A no win situation.
While I agree, it's actually a technological limitation of the game's lighting.

From the article:

"As we’re doing away with fleeting nature of the items themselves, the MiEx needs to retain a random aspect to get players coming back to check it each week."

Why does the game need to have a mechanism to get players to come back to check the mileage exchange each week? Does PD monetise this in some way?

For me, any time the game tries to demand my attention in that kind of way, it's purely a negative. I want the relationship to work the other way round, where the game is simply available for me to play, when I've had enough of work and want a break. Thankfully, GTS doesn't do this in a particularly offensive manner, there are certainly other games that are much worse for this, but I'm still curious as to what motivates them to do it at all.

To tag up on the previous answer, i would actually really appreciate a system in which items (paint/decals/etc) are added to the exchange over time, and dont disappear. I can foresee the negative of this being that it becomes very bloated after time, but i hate missing out on one item because i selfishly didnt play for a week, and then know i have to wait possibly two years for it to become available.

The custom paint decal issue also really bugs me, but i never realised until Famine mentioned it that it was a technical issue. I dont understand that, but will definitely go research it.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on May 8th, 2019 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
I have 99999 mile credits, because everything in the store looks the same. This feel Like a gimmick to buy a blue paint and next week buy a slightly darker blue paint. The mileage store lacks anything interesting. So, if you can't purchase heavy modifications like Forza, this store shouldn't exist imo.

Back