How would you add a Gr.4 & Gr.3 car for the automakers that don't have 'em?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 102 comments
And a Gr.4 370Z instead of a GTR.
That's a head-scratcher.

There's a BRZ in the Super GT series???
:embarrassed:

super-gt-subaru-brz.jpg

Hell there is even potential for new brands to hop in like Lotus once they get the rights again. As well as Volvo who are doing pretty good in racing right now.

PD did a good job with the Atenza, STI and EVO. The Charger would be the next obvious choice. Even if it was just the Gr. 3, it offers another choice in the Dodge Garage.
As a Gr. 4, it might weigh as much as the Veyron, with similar power. I could see it as a player favorite. As well as another 4-door sedan to use.

Daihatsu Group 4 = Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT Gr. 4
Real-Life HP: 146BHP (Gr. 4 increased to 310BHP, BoP 99% to 305BHP)
Real-Life Weight: 1,323LB (Gr. 4 increased to 1,475LB, BoP 155% *yikes!* to 2,300LB)
latest

That's all I got for now. I imagine the math is horribly off, but I was never good at math. :P
This in both gr.3 and 4 please :rolleyes: but with slightly wider wheel arches (and beefier tires obviously).

PD did a good job with the Atenza, STI and EVO. The Charger would be the next obvious choice. Even if it was just the Gr. 3, it offers another choice in the Dodge Garage.
As a Gr. 4, it might weigh as much as the Veyron, with similar power. I could see it as a player favorite. As well as another 4-door sedan to use.
Funnily enough, I was gifted a Charger for my Daily Workout. Only detunes to about 560hp. Weight can be decreased to around 1480kg. I brought it up to 1650kg. Yet to test it in a Gr. 4 race, but I'll do that today.

Some of my suggestions for what Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars that could be added to GTS for manufacturers that aren't eligible for the Manufacturer Series portion of the FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship are:

ALPINE: The A110 GT4 Cup will be their Gr.4 car and the A110-50 could potentially be their Gr.3 car.
BUGATTI: They do have the Veyron Gr.4, which is one part of the eligibility done. Now, they just need a Veyron Gr.3 (or an EB110 GT1 if PD is somehow insane enough to insert 90s GT1 cars into the Gr.3 class, bar the prototype looking ones such as the Porsche 911 GT1 or the Toyota GT-ONE from 1998, the 1999 TS020 is updated to LMGTP regulations.)
DAIHATSU: Someone suggested a Copen Gr.4 based on the VGT, which will become the first Vision Gran Turismo car to be homologated to the Gr.4 class. As for their Gr.3 car though, they could use the Copen again, but it's going to have a wider track width, GT300 style aero package, engine placement changes from front to behind the driver, making it an MR car much like the RCZ Gr.3, and squeezing all that sweet 500 ponies into a 1.6 litre turbo engine with pretty high amounts of boost. Because of this, a Gr.3 Road Car is pretty much necessary, although the Beetle Gr.3 is still missing its Road Car variant.
DETOMASO: Currently unknown. But if they want to, PD could make a Gr.4 Pantera and add the Pantera GT5 to really mix up the Gr.3 class, which can cause a lot of BoP problems like the reaction when the Megane Trophy is revealed to be a Gr.4 car instead of being a Gr.X car or the addition of Group C prototypes into Gr.1.
FIAT: The 124 Abarth Spider (assuming that the road car is coming into the game) is a good candidate for a Gr.4 and a Gr.3 version of the car. Think the hypothetical 124 Abarth Gr.4 as the replacement for the cut Mazda Roadster N200, which is planned to be in the Gr.4 class before getting the axe in favor of the Atenza Gr.4.
INFINITI: Their Concept VGT could be ideal for a Gr.3 base, or they could go ahead and use the Q60 as their basis for their Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars.
KTM: Their X-BOW GT4 is the obvious choice for their Gr.4 car, with its potential purpose being to counter the Megane Trophy. as for their Gr.3 car though, it remains to be seen if the car is feasible enough to warrant a Gr.3 variant.
SHELBY: Their Series One could be used as a basis for their Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars.
SUZUKI: They could have PD turn either a Baleno or a Kizashi into a Gr.4 and a Gr.3 car.

There may be more cars that Polyphony could use as a basis for their Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, but that's it for now.

I've "built" an AMG GT S, as close to the Gr. 4 SLS as I could. My GT is 2kg lighter and has 2kw less hp, but more torque, due to the turbos.

Got the suspension set pretty good. Biggest difference is front downforce. The GT has 200 at the rear, but 0 up front. Standard settings for the SLS are F200/R500.
Haven't run them at DTG yet, but should be fun to see if the torque helps the GT over the course of a lap. I gotta say, the GT sure does look the part. Especially the tyre width.

DimWnbyXkAEWZyQ

Yup. There's also a CRZ and a Prius :D
Only thing thats remotely similar in the brz is the engine haha. Great looking car i'd love to have in game along with the prius!

I'd like to see a lot of classics added to categories which ha been mentioned in a previous post. I'd love to see a touring car class also for either the new generation such as the BTCC, WTCC or even the older stuff such as old Sierra's, M3, Capri Zakspeed, BTCC Mondeo, Laguna, A4, Volvo 850 and the list goes on and on.

We are missing so many iconic GR.C cars. where are the ridiculously iconic Porsches? CLK LM, F1 GTR, 911 GT1, Toyota GT-ONE, Bentley Speed 8? Again as someone has previously posted, I don't care if these cars are off the pace, hey would be bloody fantastic to smash around a track!

I feel the game is missing touring car racing as it is absolutely some of the closest and rowdiest racing to be seen! I would get a bit annoyed if Kaz brought back some o his old stuff like the FTO touring car and the likes. I loved them in other GT titles but now I'm more about actual cars and less about the make believe when it comes to the driving. I love them aesthetically but I rarely drive the visions or fantasy cars as a whole.

I just feel PD are possibly doing a lot less and concentrating on certain groups than they have in older titles in terms of licensing and the likes (understandably). GT4 for me was maybe the pinnacle of the GT series fr the likes of tracks in game and GT5 for car content. We had infineon, laguna seca, fuji and i thoroughly enjoyed the originals also such as the driving park and the city circuits. A lot of untapped potential with the cars we have!

Any thoughts on the DLC touring cars or RM cars from GT5? Something like an RX-7 Touring Car seems to be great for Gr.4.
Same thoughts for the R34 GT-R Touring Car, the Integra Type R RM, the IS F RM, the Evo IX RM, and the Impreza GVB Touring Car for the Gr.4 class and the Corvette C6 Z06 RM for Gr.3 (with OZ Centrelocks)

Plus, I would like to see the Altezza Touring Car updated to Super Premium and with Gr.4 specs. And also the RX-7 LM Race Car, the 350Z LM Race Car, and various other RWD LM Race Cars for Gr.3

I realised I got side tracked majorly and didn't really answer the question in full. What I would like to see is maybe some professional Racing car builders that have good reputation, to be brought in, in a partnership and askerd to design a one off race car or something along these lines and actually enter the car in atleast one race! i know it's a little far fetched but I still feel this would bring better results than the likes of the beetle. totally wrong car choice for VW and the don't even start me on the atenza

At the very least, the car mostly looks like it conforms to the Class 1 regulations that both DTM and SGT conform to. The short but massive wing, as well as the elongated rear wheel arch are features that are unique to this car class

Just set up my Camaro to Gr. 4 specs. Little less power(-6hp) than an RC F and heavier by 21kgs. Torque is also greater by 9kgfm.

Beat my Mustang's time at RBR, by 0.310. It's so ripe to be in Gr. 4. Should definitely be made as a Gr. 4 machine. The C7 is lonely...

I'd personally love to see racing versions of every road car in the game, especially since patches added so many since launch, and they all feel so lost and aimless with the game's focus centred on FIA races. I'm not entirely sure of FIA rules, but I'd personally love to see a racing spec Roadster, Civic Type R, Supra, etc..

Honestly, with Gr. 2 being a recent addition via patches, it's sorely lacking. Sure, more cars is a given, and I'd kill to see the REAL NSX in both road and race trim in the game. But moreso than that, I'd love to see more Super GT tracks, chief of which being Fuji, which I can't fathom why hasn't been in the game since launch.

Daihatsu Midget II Gr. 3. Go ahead and make my day.

All the classic 2000's Super GT cars that were GT300 should be in the Group 4.

I'm of the opionion there should fix the glaring GT3 holes however I dont want them to 'waste' the 8-9 car slots in the monthly DLC.

I'd love a Camaro GT3, even a Charger saloon sedan GT3. I have a un-natural love of American V8 muscle.

Maybe they should release a GT3 car pack outside of the usual DLC.

I got some ideas.

Lotus (if PD will bring them back)- They can use the Elise 111R Race Car from GT6 for Gr.4 and as for Gr.3, either they'll pull a 911 RSR and add the Evora GTE or maybe the Mooncraft Evora GT300.
Fittipaldi Motors- The EF7 is a good base car for Gr.3. A Gr.3 treatment would work wonders.
DeTomaso- BPR Pantera anyone? Pull a 911 RSR as well for that. And PD could make a fictional Pantera Gr.4.

As for others, they've been mentioned already before.

Maybe expand to have fictional teams of manufactures?

ie. Pick a Gr.3 + Gr.4. Bugatti + Dodge. Manufacturer = Bugatti/Dodge.

Some of my suggestions for what Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars that could be added to GTS for manufacturers that aren't eligible for the Manufacturer Series portion of the FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship are:

ALPINE: The A110 GT4 Cup will be their Gr.4 car and the A110-50 could potentially be their Gr.3 car.

Agreed. It'd be really funny, too, since the A110-50 is a lot like the Renault RS01.

BUGATTI: They do have the Veyron Gr.4, which is one part of the eligibility done. Now, they just need a Veyron Gr.3 (or an EB110 GT1 if PD is somehow insane enough to insert 90s GT1 cars into the Gr.3 class, bar the prototype looking ones such as the Porsche 911 GT1 or the Toyota GT-ONE from 1998, the 1999 TS020 is updated to LMGTP regulations.)

IMO they should just make a Chiron Gr.3.

FIAT: The 124 Abarth Spider (assuming that the road car is coming into the game) is a good candidate for a Gr.4 and a Gr.3 version of the car. Think the hypothetical 124 Abarth Gr.4 as the replacement for the cut Mazda Roadster N200, which is planned to be in the Gr.4 class before getting the axe in favor of the Atenza Gr.4.

But that could just be under the Abarth label, and not Fiat. I'd also argue the Abarth 500 Assetto Corse could be good for Gr.4, too.

There may be more cars that Polyphony could use as a basis for their Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, but that's it for now.

There's quite a few that could be added to Gr.1, too, and potentially Gr.2 when we get more clarification of how Gr.2 is defined - e.g. if it's really just Super GT500 cars. For Gr.1, there are Daytona Prototypes for Chevrolet and Cadillac, and older prototypes like the Lamborghini Countach QVX.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Manufacturer's Series have races from more classes than just Gr.4 and Gr.3 - maybe even the N-Series. (Though as far as BoP goes, I think I'd rather see each N-Series be balanced by not including cars that can be in that N-Series via HP tuning or de-tuning. Especially if there are enough cars for multiple N-Series, which I think will be more likely when more cars are added in the next GT game.)

And meanwhile, there could be a larger emphasis on fun one-make races in the Nations Cup, especially for cars that have a connection to GT - this could be stuff like Pebble Beach or SEMA winners, the F1500T-A, the Mercedes-Benz W08, the various VGTs, the Nissan GT-R, the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo, etc. Or maybe each race in the Nations Cup could also serve as re-creations of classic GT campaign events, like an event where players can only use Mazda Roadsters, or another where only a certain drivetrain can be used. Though maybe that would be better for a non-FIA championship to have between the yearly seasons.

Last edited:
Ok hear this:
GT300 are added and are part of the Gr3 roster.
DTM are added too and are Gr2.
Not every manufacturer needs to be represented in every group, the gr4 bugatti is goofy.
The new alpine does indeed need a Gr4 counterpart:tup:
The abarth 124 gt4 is being currently tested, so it's not that far off the hook but maybe we'll see one one day.
i'm up for make believe car but within certain limits.

Back