How would you make GT Sport better.....

• Thread starter EndoeONE
  • 137 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Spa, Silverstone, Monza, Laguna, Deep Forest, GVS, Midfield.

Increase frequency of dailies.

TT leaderboards.

None of the above should be very difficult to do.

Oh, and please try to do something to the penalty system to try and reduce the endless whining threads on here!

Just get more into the campaign mode. With the timings of the daily races etc it's not like you can just pick the game up for half hour and get anything from it. A solid single player career mode would be a huge improvement, even if it wasn't actually that good!

You can set up custom races which fills any single player cravings I get. The campaign was only a time sync anyway really. AI is much improved, and the custom races are enjoyable.

I'm loving Sport Mode and much prefer it to the stagnant single player of past GT's.

You can set up custom races which fills any single player cravings I get. The campaign was only a time sync anyway really. AI is much improved, and the custom races are enjoyable.

I'm loving Sport Mode and much prefer it to the stagnant single player of past GT's.

I agree with you that online racing is better (or more enjoyable) than just single carreer mode.But thats what we (both) like more.Others dont share this view and want to race off-line against AI all the time in somekind of "campaign".
So for those guys a single player carreer mode would be perfect.
It all depends on the user.

Tracks DLC:
Beginner Course
Cathedral Rocks (all variations)
Chamonix
Città d'Aria
Complex String
Costa di Amalfi
Cote d’Azur
Eiger Nordwand
El Capitan
Grand Canyon
Green Forest Roadway
Grindewald
Hong Kong
Infineon (all variations)
Le Mans (all variations)
London
Madrid
Motorland
New York City
Paris (all variations)
Pikes Peak (all variations)
Rome (all variations)
Seattle (all variations)
Seoul
Smokey Mountain (all variations)
Special Stage Route 11
Swiss Alps
Tahiti (all variations)
Test Course
Tokyo
Toscana

YES - 100%!
And, Career mode that rivals GT4... my life is busy, and, waiting around for a race to start does not interest me, although, I am intrigued to try it out.

And, a short car list please... I understand that this game is going racecar mode with FIA and all, but, please, the following...
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 ('65)
Jaguar E-Type Coupe ('61)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 ('61)
Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT ('62)
Ford Mark IV Race Car ('67)
Ford GT40 Race Car ('69)
Jaguar XJ13 ('66)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ('54)
Nissan 240ZG (HS30) ('71)
Toyota 2000GT ('67)
and, any of the cars that are competitors to those above.

Oh, one more thing, I really liked in GT4(possibly others, cannot recall) how you could buy headers, exhaust, port work, lightweight balanced internals etc. ... let me tune the power band rather than simply dialing up a %...

YES - 100%!
And, Career mode that rivals GT4... my life is busy, and, waiting around for a race to start does not interest me, although, I am intrigued to try it out.

And, a short car list please... I understand that this game is going racecar mode with FIA and all, but, please, the following...
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 ('65)
Jaguar E-Type Coupe ('61)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 ('61)
Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT ('62)
Ford Mark IV Race Car ('67)
Ford GT40 Race Car ('69)
Jaguar XJ13 ('66)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ('54)
Nissan 240ZG (HS30) ('71)
Toyota 2000GT ('67)
and, any of the cars that are competitors to those above.

Oh, one more thing, I really liked in GT4(possibly others, cannot recall) how you could buy headers, exhaust, port work, lightweight balanced internals etc. ... let me tune the power band rather than simply dialing up a %...

Just to have even two of those cars you mentioned would be great :(

For me there is no excuse for not having all PD tracks from every previous GT game. Some of the real world tracks may not be possible for licensing reasons, but if that is not the case get them all in too. I really liked the Rome circuits from previous games, having visited there a few times.

I don't do the online racing, having always been an offline user of GT games. At the moment I am enjoying the customisable Arcade races, but there are only a few tracks I'm using because there are some I really dislike, but there are tracks from past GT's that I would enjoy going round again. It would be nice to choose the cars you can race against too rather than have the same cars finishing in very similar positions all the time. The Audi Quattro just looks so out of place and OTT than some similar cars in the level range.

So few cars is laughable imho. They finally get the Porsche licence and then have hardly of their cars. :confused: There could be multiple versions of some manufacturers cars with very little additional work involved which could broaden the choices.

Loads could be done for the Livery editor, but there is a dedicated thread for all that. ;) I'm really liking designing the car liveries at the moment, but not sure how long that will keep me entertained without a proper offline mode. :rolleyes:

What kept me using GT6 was the seasonal races every couple weeks, it would be nice to have something similar without the need to pay to play. Please let me know if I have missed something like that in the new game. :)

Some form of interaction with, or information as to development of the game from PD would be nice too, but I think they are too arrogant a company to have done that in the past, so I expect no change there. If sales slip though, you never know. ;) :lol:

Classic real world tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Le Mans, Laguna Seca and Road America.

And classic GT series tracks, at least three (better five) of them.

More cars, not vision ones.

No to any more of rally here.

Custom SP/MP Championship with it's statistics.

Real track pack should be PD's priority if they...care.

Agree'd, the vision cars are useless in my opinion, and, seems that's all the roulette table wants to give me.
seems a contradiction that the game is a "real racing simulator", yet awards make believe cars... one's "I" will never use.

A very easy one, I think:
In one make Sport Mode races where the car is "borrowed" by PD (Peugeot RCZ, Audi TT, etc.), we should be allowed to use our custom liveries, if we have some for the car in question.

definitely

it's such a silly small thing, but I spend about 15 minutes goofing around with liveries only to never use them in game, but for 1 event.

Agree'd, the vision cars are useless in my opinion, and, seems that's all the roulette table wants to give me.
seems a contradiction that the game is a "real racing simulator", yet awards make believe cars... one's "I" will never use.

I do think they’re cool, and it’s something unique that GT offers.. BUT they should be an after thought to including real/authentic cars. I’m sorry but I don’t want more VGT cars when there are literally over 1000 other real cars I wish to see in the series

Last edited:
TCS needs finer tuning adjustments. Having a .5 in between each current setting would help a lot.

With a controller TCS at 2 is too strong, but at 1cars will still spin too easily. Would love a 1.5 setting.

This one was on my wishlist for GT5 and GT6, it would be great if there
was more control over the replays, like say, slow motion, fast forward, and
fast rewind, and not that jump 10 seconds thingy
And was it mentioned before, more tracks, cars and classic cars too :lol:

How I think the game could be better:

* Coming on the track myself, rather than have the game automatically put me on.
* More content, of course. (Hoping for the F12tdf, 675LT, LaFerrari FXXK, P1 GTR, F12berlinetta, Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, Huracan LP640-4 Performante, Aventador LP700-4, Enzo FXX, 918 Spyder Weissach Package, P1 and more cars, with Le Mans, Monza, Spa, Imola, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, Paul Ricard, Monaco and more tracks).
* Actual car features, such as KERS and DRS. (LaFerrari gameplay would be more realistic). Assetto Corsa is a great example.
* Use of curb weight instead of dry weight (surely a car needs fluids to actually move) - the LaFerrari, Huracan LP610-4 and 650S are examples, and because of this, they are all too light. Performance would be more realistic, the LaFerrari feels too quick.
* Offline Championship mode - Always use this mode in Assetto Corsa, awesome mode. Allows you to mix classes.
* Classes - In default modes against the CPU, there really needs to be classes. For example, road should not be a whole class. I should not be seeing a SRT Charger Hellcat being put up against a LaFerrari, that should be more for a track day mode.
* AI - They are too slow. I've seen a video where the 650S overtakes a Veyron 16.4 and LaFerrari. This would not be possible if they are actually racing.
* Dynamic Weather - Unlikely that it will be added, as it may require major modifications, but would be good to see. Really enjoyed it in Driveclub.
* Sounds - Car sounds are great, but I think shifting sounds could be improved and patched.

I don't even have the game yet, but I am judging by videos and other games. I will be getting this soon.

How I think the game could be better:

i agree with everything you said, very good list.
i for one dont mind at all the static weather and time of day because when i look at the competition, i feel like they sacrifice graphical detail in order to make their dynamic weather happen. there are for example screenshots of FM5 compared to 7 and its stunning to see how nicer FM5 with its baked in lighting looked when compared to that semi-dynamic stuff in FM7.
for me, its very nice to have 5-6 different time of day baked in settings and just then add a "rain" setting.
oh, and maybe just try to put up a better sky texture, as the sky we have now can look extremely rough grained the more far the light source is.

i agree with everything you said, very good list.
i for one dont mind at all the static weather and time of day because when i look at the competition, i feel like they sacrifice graphical detail in order to make their dynamic weather happen. there are for example screenshots of FM5 compared to 7 and its stunning to see how nicer FM5 with its baked in lighting looked when compared to that semi-dynamic stuff in FM7.
for me, its very nice to have 5-6 different time of day baked in settings and just then add a "rain" setting.
oh, and maybe just try to put up a better sky texture, as the sky we have now can look extremely rough grained the more far the light source is.

True, and that’s why I’m not too fussed about the weather. But I am more fussed in hoping we get the championship, DRS and KERS features that Assetto Corsa has, as well as the more accurate statistics and performances from cars, better AI, more content, shifting sounds and not having the game put you back on the track when you go off.

True, and that’s why I’m not too fussed about the weather. But I am more fussed in hoping we get the championship, DRS and KERS features that Assetto Corsa has, as well as the more accurate statistics and performances from cars, better AI, more content, shifting sounds and not having the game put you back on the track when you go off.

Not sure if it is in all modes but it is feasible to stop this by going into Penalty Settings menu in top left of screen....and deselecting the return to track. Believe both Arcade Time Trial and Sport Practice have such a menu.

not having the game put you back on the track when you go off.

I'm trying to understand why this is a problem. Am I missing something? Also, I believe it is toggleable, but my ps4 isn't booted up and I'm too lazy to check. :)

Edit: Unless you are saying for realism purposes, then I get it. But having the ability to toggle it in that case should be fine anyway.

I'm trying to understand why this is a problem. Am I missing something? Also, I believe it is toggleable, but my ps4 isn't booted up and I'm too lazy to check. :)

Edit: Unless you are saying for realism purposes, then I get it. But having the ability to toggle it in that case should be fine anyway.
It also screams arcade. It really has no place in any game calling itself a simulation.

It also screams arcade. It really has no place in any game calling itself a simulation.

Meh, it's still a game at the end of the day if it makes some players lives easier and it is a toggle for those who don't want it, I have no issue. I mean, this is a game we can drive from any position from bumper to chase cam after all.

Include time delta to best lap in races and qualifying in open lobbies

The road cars have amazing physics on sport tires, on par with assetto maybe better. Certainly the gts mx5 handles more similar to my mx5 then the assetto road version

Last edited by a moderator:
TCS needs finer tuning adjustments. Having a .5 in between each current setting would help a lot.

With a controller TCS at 2 is too strong, but at 1cars will still spin too easily. Would love a 1.5 setting.

Or just make TCS1 feel like it's doing something. I'm on pad and only run ABS but in the GT3 cars at some tracks can be a handful. All PD need to do in stock tune events is lower the diff setting from 40 to say 25 or 30, which would then have a direct effect on TCS feel (although with that diff setting I wouldn't need TCS)

For realism. Also, it makes it more challenging. You should have to make up for the time you lost, not have the game do some of it for you. That was also my problem with Driveclub. Other than that, both are awesome. Driveclub is, haven’t played GT Sport yet.

Bring back all OG tracks over the years, or at least the most popular ones.

Add more DLC cars.

Remove 20mil. and 99,999 caps.

Make 'Standard-Premium' (I can't believe that is a thing, btw), 'Super-Premium'

Add 'Professional' Driving School challenges.

Add more drift challenges (I'm not big on drifting, but even I felt that one lone event was just a tease).

Allow us to rack up trophy wins in the standard lobby.

Fix the wheel bug issues/pause menu issues and add the new Fanatec wheel too while you are at it.

Overall time trial leaderboard would be nice. Pick a car/track combo in arcade mode and see how your friends are doing, plus the top 10.

Speaking of top 10, lets scrap that and do top 100 for the entire planet, no more segregating. I'd like to see what the super fast euro/ausie guys are doing.

That's all I can think of, atm.

Jerome

Several Things I would Add to GTS

- A feature to Customize your own Track in depth and the ability to upload the course for others to download. (Availability in Arcade and Lobby Racing but it would only show your Lobby to those who have also downloaded the course).

- Competitive Drifting in Lobbies and Sport Mode (Both Full Lap Competition and maybe a Sector Battles Mode in which it’s like a mini Tournament where you get 1 chance to run a Sector Trial on like 3-4 different courses and the player with the highest combined score wins).

- Competitive Sector Trials (Similar to the Drift Trial Tournament above, but with Driving School Sectors and others created for the mode. You would do 3-4 Sectors and the lowest overall time would win the lobby).

- Competitive Drag Racing with a light and proper countdown to “Go” (the Ability for False Starts).

The Online Gameplay needs a complete overhaul to keep players interested. It’s so one dimensional right now and the wait times for the one dimension are obsurd and leave you bored more often than not. Adding variety would fix that issue in a second.

Add Spa, Silverstone, Monza, Laguna, Deep Forest, GVS, Midfield.

Increase frequency of dailies.

TT leaderboards.

None of the above should be very difficult to do.

Oh, and please try to do something to the penalty system to try and reduce the endless whining threads on here!

Pretty much this... 👍

Also the penalty system is a good base and I'm sure after the ''test" championships are over there will be an update with improvements before the "real" championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back