How would you make GT Sport better.....

• Thread starter EndoeONE
  • 137 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been thinking and there's a few things that'd be easy for PD to implement and would make GTS more enjoyable for me. Ok so firstly, the racing line, I'd love to be able to make my own, only on hotlapping (time trial) because there's times where you can get away with accelerating when the games telling you to brake, well you get the idea.
Endoe

It may seem super trivial to some of the racing sim purists, but I think the soundtrack is absolutely terrible. Remember GT4? Van Halen, Papa Roach, Jeff Beck, James Brown? That was music to drive to, and gave an already awesome sim that extra something. The GTS soundtrack sounds like Kenny G played over a drum track.

Bring back Trial Mountain and Grand Valley Speedway.

Simplify the main menu interface navigation. It seems too easy to get lost in the weeds of the sub-menus.

Buying stuff with mileage points? Is this a racing sim or Delta's frequent flyer program? Race cars, win money, use money to buy things.

Need more vintage race cars, not a bunch of "GT Vision" concepts that all look like a Lambo in a trash compactor.

Deertay

It may seem super trivial to some of the racing sim purists, but I think the soundtrack is absolutely terrible. Remember GT4? Van Halen, Papa Roach, Jeff Beck, James Brown? That was music to drive to, and gave an already awesome sim that extra something. The GTS soundtrack sounds like Kenny G played over a drum track.

Simplify the main menu interface navigation. It seems too easy to get lost in the weeds of the sub-menus.

Buying stuff with mileage points? Is this a racing sim or Delta's frequent flyer program? Race cars, win money, use money to buy things.

Need more vintage race cars, not a bunch of "GT Vision" concepts that all look like a Lambo in a trash compactor.

Deertay

I just use Spotify Connect, it integrates quite well with the game. Spotify Connect is for paid subscribers. You launch the app with your phone, then tap the bottom to access avainke devices like your AV Receiver, Smart TV, or PS4 in this case. You can Control songs by either the phone or by holding the PS button for a quick menu like skipping and volume control. The beauty is using your phone. It’s just like listening on it, except sound is coming from whatever device it is connected to.

The device connects directly to their servers instead of using AirPlay or Bluetooth. On min Denon AVR, The Comnected sound is actually better than using the afore mentioned connection methods.

these suggestions will be tough pill to swallow, but in long run, the experience will be better. ( in long run..remember that ..means it will take 5-6 months to get ppl learn this )

1. Disable Ghosting.

Its part of being a simulation. In iRacing, if the car infront lost control, that yellow flag is a life saver, I will slow down and try to avoid those cars.

On the note of ghosting, please remove the car reset function. You make a mistake and fly off the course only to be reset onto the track as a ghost? What is this, a 1990s arcade game? Hard to take that seriously...

Deertay

I think the soundtrack is brilliant but god awful at the same time. 75% of songs with women singing are trash, and to top it off the same crappy band got TWO songs into the game. Then that " bang Bak" song is just horrible ignorance. That song by Young fathers is the generic white kid in the suburb who listens to " hip/hop rap" garbage. And then you have amazing songs like "Run kid run" Who the heck picked this soundtrack?

On the note of ghosting, please remove the car reset function. You make a mistake and fly off the course only to be reset onto the track as a ghost? What is this, a 1990s arcade game? Hard to take that seriously...
In at least Arcade Time Trial and Sport Practice Mode it can be turned off. Go to Race Settings in top left and then sub menu Penalty Settings and untick the reset to track item.

I just use Spotify Connect, it integrates quite well with the game. Spotify Connect is for paid subscribers. You launch the app with your phone, then tap the bottom to access avainke devices like your AV Receiver, Smart TV, or PS4 in this case. You can Control songs by either the phone or by holding the PS button for a quick menu like skipping and volume control. The beauty is using your phone. It’s just like listening on it, except sound is coming from whatever device it is connected to.

The device connects directly to their servers instead of using AirPlay or Bluetooth. On min Denon AVR, The Comnected sound is actually better than using the afore mentioned connection methods.

I was not aware, and thanks much for the info. That is a great feature. Unfortunately, I'm already paying for other streaming music services (Pandora Plus, Amazon Music Unlimited) and not sure I can justify Spotify just for in-game tunes. Would it work with Pandora? Perhaps that's something I can try over the holidays.

Was it GT5 that actually let you build playlists from the media saved on your HDD? I'd be more inclined to do that (once I get around to bumping up to a 2TB drive).

The BGM in a racing game should make you want to drive [fast], not take a nap.

Deertay

Silverstone, Baku, Monaco, Spa and Laguna Seca, (purely for the PSVR experience of driving them).

I want more private lobby options to *restrict views *single car *fixed settings, and have more options to filter lobbies.

2. I want to participate in Nations and Manufacturers cup, but can't find right entry time.
Thank you Polyphony. They granted my wish. They changed entry time table so that finally I can make entry at late night. I have a feeling that they care to listen every little voice of customers and keep trying to improve their product

A drag strip would be neat. I don't drag race, but lots of drivers have been asking for this. It would sure set it apart from all the other racing games as well.

I would like to see a way to save the replays as video, preferably to disk. That way we could have higher quality videos, rather than using the share function which is approaching potato quality on the standard PS4.

I would like to see a way to save the replays as video, preferably to disk. That way we could have higher quality videos, rather than using the share function which is approaching potato quality on the standard PS4.
You can already do this, use the Copy to USB drive function from within GTS and save it to that.

Get rid of Group X. Most of the mishmash of cars in there could probably be fit into the other classes just fine. The LM55, McLaren VGT and Hyundai N 2025 could all be BOP'd into Group 1 instead of having separate Group 1 variants. The Bugatti VGT, the Tomahawks (I think both warrant separate Group 1s) and Chaparral 2X might not be able to fit into the other classes so well. And the BMW i3 could fit into N200 if you could increase the top speed.

Also, make it so that cars with more than 7 gears not get reduced to a 7 speed with the racing transmission. I'd actually want to be able to have a tuneable 10 speed in the Lexus LC500 rather than have either 7 tuneable gears or have 10 fixed ratios of which you'll never use more than 7. I'd like to tune it so you could actually use all ten gears. Or be able to use all nine gears in the NSX.

Get rid of Group X. Most of the mishmash of cars in there could probably be fit into the other classes just fine. The LM55, McLaren VGT and Hyundai N 2025 could all be BOP'd into Group 1 instead of having separate Group 1 variants. The Bugatti VGT, the Tomahawks (I think both warrant separate Group 1s) and Chaparral 2X might not be able to fit into the other classes so well. And the BMW i3 could fit into N200 if you could increase the top speed.

Also, make it so that cars with more than 7 gears not get reduced to a 7 speed with the racing transmission. I'd actually want to be able to have a tuneable 10 speed in the Lexus LC500 rather than have either 7 tuneable gears or have 10 fixed ratios of which you'll never use more than 7. I'd like to tune it so you could actually use all ten gears. Or be able to use all nine gears in the NSX.

I think Gr.X should stay. It would be suitable for track day cars like the P1 GTR, Vulcan, LaFerrari FXXK, Zonda R, Sesto Elemento, etc, as they aren’t road legal and they do not compete, so they can’t really fit into the other classes.

I think Gr.X should stay. It would be suitable for track day cars like the P1 GTR, Vulcan, LaFerrari FXXK, Zonda R, Sesto Elemento, etc, as they aren’t road legal and they do not compete, so they can’t really fit into the other classes.
But they should at least try to fit them in. The Aston Martin Vulcan is a non street legal track car that gets to race in the N classes so I think cars like the P1 GTR could fit into that or Group 1.

The device connects directly to their servers instead of using AirPlay or Bluetooth. On min Denon AVR, The Connected sound is actually better than using the afore mentioned connection methods.
I don't stream music, as I have already paid for the music I like. :rolleyes:

On the PS3 and GT6 I could put my music onto the PS3 and play my music in the parts of the game I want music to play, this is such a step backwards. If the PS4 doesn't let me put my media onto the machine, at least integrate with a connected USB drive to let me play my music in the game.

If the focus of this game was supposed to be about online racing, then I would substantially increase the amount of online events and my focus would be adding more real world FIA tracks, abandon adding any more rally or oval tracks.

Not a fan of the off road dirt rallies, for some reason PD still hangs on the them.

Gift cars you can't get anything for if you try to sell them or no option to gift it to a friend, I now have three Lamborghini Venenos & perfectly fine with just one.

More of the classic tracks & cars, maybe it might be coming via DLC in a few months but not holding my breath.

When spectating there needs to be a lot more information about the race. Just for starters how about what lap they are on.

I don't stream music, as I have already paid for the music I like. :rolleyes:

On the PS3 and GT6 I could put my music onto the PS3 and play my music in the parts of the game I want music to play, this is such a step backwards. If the PS4 doesn't let me put my media onto the machine, at least integrate with a connected USB drive to let me play my music in the game.
Or you could change your ways and just use Spotify and listen to damn near anything you want...PAID version of course.

I’ve tried, but I can’t incorporate my vinyl collection into the PS4...

Or you could change your ways and just use Spotify and listen to damn near anything you want...PAID version of course.

I’ve tried, but I can’t incorporate my vinyl collection into the PS4...
:lol: I have to pay for music again I have already paid for! No, I don't think so.

I know it's all about the money, but I try not to pay for things twice, or multiple times. Anyone who wants to stream music fine, carry on paying again and again and again. Pay not only for the music but also your data allowances. Not for me though. I've taken decades to accumulate the music collection I have, for God knows how much money, :eek: :lol: and I'd like to listen to certain music at certain times in the game, as I could in GT6.

There is the option to play music from the USB drive at the same time as the game, but obviously there is no synchronisation. Sony took the route of not including the option of of allowing any of your own media on the machine, as you could on the previous machine, and that will have a knock on to developers allowing the ability to include your own media, music in this case, in their games. Sad, as I think it is a step backwards, both by Sony in the larger picture and PD for this game. Que sera sera. :rolleyes:

Honestly, just Circuit de la Sarthe is enough for me (though all the real world tracks from 6 are welcome).

Honestly, just Circuit de la Sarthe is enough for me (though all the real world tracks from 6 are welcome).

For me:

* Le Mans
* Monza
* Spa
* Daytona
* Hockenheimring
* Silverstone
* Mugello
* Paul Ricard
* Catalunya

Lordy, it would take me several days to come up with that answer. Not even going into desired content, just fixing the things that make me say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING 5 or 6 times every time I play...

Great game! Really enjoying it. Clean racing is awesome. These points have probably already been said but...

Sports mode races with fuel consumption, tyre wear and pit stops. A championship with this would be great too. Racing is also about managing your tyres and fuel, strategy not just speed. More realistic and enjoyable. The ability to do it is there, why not use it?
Show friends/global times in time trials and drift trials. At the moment time trials are just test tracks and can't see the point in drift trials without something or someone to compete against? Showing times would make these modes so much better.
Sort the penalty system out. Disqualify/retire persistent bad drivers in a race. Maybe even fine them. Perhaps they'll get the point then...
Gr.1 sports mode races.
More cars and tracks.

All this game really needs is more tracks and street/barely street legal cars. I would also incorporate more races in Sport mode. Something like GT350R vs ZL1 in the future if we get these cars as DLC. or slightly better one make cars. I like what they're doing currently, they are really shuffling it up and giving us a good variety on a daily basis. Some tweaks can be done to penalty system and make SR a bit more difficult to achieve perfect rating. Is there weather yet? If not, some races with rain would be cool. Feedback could be improved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back