Huge time difference, gr4 Kyoto..?

• Thread starter Foxis
  • 189 comments
TCG
I believe driving aids are made availible for a reason - to help. And to be honest you might be exactly who they are intended for. Doesn’t it make sense that if you are struggling for pace than the aids that are provided in game to help you be competitive and make it a better experience for you should be used, and if you don’t than thats 100% on you and not anyone else?

Your post have to be one of the more condescending and ignorant posts I have read for a while.

First things first, I did not start this thread accusing anyone of cheating. I started it as I failed to see where I could gain 6 seconds. I fully realise the I am not on pace and I do recognise that's for me to adress. This thread took off when a few people posted about the counter steering aid and how it made people substantially quicker.
And as for driving aids being intended for me? What exactly do you know about my ability besides me being off 6 seconds from the world record?
Suffice to say that the main reason I am slow is I likely drive too cautiously, as my real life track experience has an effect on my driving. I tend to drive to avoid accidents which means I am not using 110% of the track.

So, first point of advice: Never assume you know things about the person you are addressing on the interwebs.

Now, about aids in general: In organised racing, I am not aware of one single instance of aids being allowed that actually make people quicker. All aids I know of being used (primarily TCS and ABS) are used primarily for safety reasons. By all accounts the counter steering in GTS is more like torque vectoring which I very much doubt we will see in any race series any time soon.
So, again: I do not mind driving aids, but they should not make you go faster. They should enable you to avoid accidents, but due to how they work (restricting forces) they should slightly penalise your car's performance.

Second point: Read up a bit before you get on a high horse.

Now I am frankly feeling like leaving this thread to die as I am tired of the frequent attacks from those that feel they need to defend unrealistic use of aids.
Yes, the unrealistic aids are there, yes people are free to use them as they want to. But is it in the spirit of the real GT racing PD sets out to emulate? No, absolutely not.

Last edited:
This may be a bit too late but i wanted to share you guys my setup doing a 42.0 with the scirocco around this track (potential 41.7). Did a 41.1 with this car now but because of not being my own setup i won´t share it unfortunately.
(All assists off except for ABS on Standard, Manual gearing and using the G29)

Attachments

• 22906517_532032683810917_1494185899_o.jpg
    22906517_532032683810917_1494185899_o.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 22906340_532032707144248_782227882_o.jpg
    22906340_532032707144248_782227882_o.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41
Your post have to be one of the more condescending and ignorant posts I have read for a while.

First things first, I did not start this thread accusing anyone of cheating. I started it as I failed to see where I could gain 6 seconds. I fully realise the I am not on pace and I do recognise that's for me to adress. This thread took off when a few people posted about the counter steering aid and how it made people substantially quicker.
And as for driving aids being intended for me? What exactly do you know about my ability besides me being off 6 seconds from the world record?
Suffice to say that the main reason I am slow is I likely drive too cautiously, as my real life track experience has an effect on my driving. I tend to drive to avoid accidents which means I am not using 110% of the track.

So, first point of advice: Never assume you know things about the person you are addressing on the interwebs.

Now, about aids in general: In organised racing, I am not aware of one single instance of aids being allowed that actually make people quicker. All aids I know of being used (primarily TCS and ABS) are used primarily for safety reasons. By all accounts the counter steering in GTS is more like torque vectoring which I very much doubt we will see in any race series any time soon.
So, again: I do not mind driving aids, but they should not make you go faster. They should enable you to avoid accidents, but due to how they work (restricting forces) they should slightly penalise your car's performance.

Second point: Read up a bit before you get on a high horse.

Now I am frankly feeling like leaving this thread to die as I am tired of the frequent attacks from those that feel they need to defend unrealistic use of aids.
Yes, the aids are there, yes people are free to use them as they want to. But is it in the spirit of the real GT racing PD sets out to emulate? No, absolutely not.

I agree with you.

What DR/SR are you? I'm a D/S and 1:44.9 is putting me 2nd/3rd on grid everytime. Not for much longer though I won 3 of them next race I will be a C so it will be back to 12/12 :P
C/B, though a rough race put me down to C/C last night.

C/B, though a rough race put me down to C/C last night.
With the new races I've been driving horribly but seem to be up to C/S after some embarrassing runs. Weird thaf as a D Dr it took 3 WINS with good laps to get to C but now I'm already halfway through C with 3 start at 10 finish at 8 races with poor laps.. I even put auto gears on for the last one as I was not enjoying the untunable cars sliding everywhere.
Poor management of these races imo.. Suzuka 4 laps finally but stock cars.. That track needs some fast action.. Sigh.. I didnt even bother looked like too much work..

@Matt368 could you share a replay of a Cayman Lap when you have some spare time? I wouldn’t mind looking at your lines/inputs to see where I’m dropping the most time.

Yeah I can try and do that later today. Does anybody know if the same BOP can be applied to the car outside of the daily races? For when they change, we can make sure the lap times are comparable.

Yeah I can try and do that later today. Does anybody know if the same BOP can be applied to the car outside of the daily races? For when they change, we can make sure the lap times are comparable.
I think you can apply BoP in the Tuning menu.

Update: Since the daily rotation has changed now there's not much of a need for a Kyoto Cayman lap.

Last edited:
I did some racing tonight and I swear there's some form of boost going on. I can't verify it, but from my viewpoint it feels like it. I run first place and the gap doesn't increase even with me running faster and faster laps. But I get pushed back to 5th or 6th or something and I'm catching the top group handily. The guys I were racing against were quick, but none of them had a faster lap than me. Yet when I gap them after a lap and a half, they're right on my tail again and the 2nd place guy puts me in the wall in the first left hand turn. That should have been it, I lost 5-10 second easily. But at the same place the very next (and final) lap, I'm back up to 4th from 6th and less than a second from the top 3 battle. Anyone experience something similar? I could see if it happened when 2nd place was faster than me but he was in a pack with 2nd-5th and they were all catching me. Maybe they were bump drafting, but this isn't blue moon!

Speaking slightly on boost, I can't stand when 2nd place is way behind at the start, and then it boosts them back up to me after the actual countdown.

It's like they get a free DRS overtake attempt right at the start because they weren't initially close enough.

Back