Hybrid question

• Thread starter psonefreak
  • 41 comments
Do you have a DexDrive?

Tell me which exact parts (from which cars) you'd like, and it can be done. I'll send you one in the next week, if you have the patience.

Yeah I have a dexdrive.

Put the engine from the '94 FTO GR and the drivetrain from the BP Trueno GT with the body of the '97 Demio GL. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay...final exams aren't helping any!

Okay, the Demio was easy, but the Eclipse-Viper combo is taking some work. It makes a nasty UFO noise which I'm working on right now. I've also included the 22B and the CLK Race Car, if you don't have them.

I'll post the file soon.

Here's the gme file:

Demio GL hybrid (no tan available, sorry)
Eclipse hybrid (no UFO noise!)
Impreza 22B (some mods)
Benz CLK Race Car

I erased all the trophies with a code, so it's like a new game. Except there's not much dough and it's day 78 or something like that.

I'm not sure how much you know about hybrids, but there are a few catches with using them.

1. To change ANY settings, you have to exit the race before you start, or your car may not move, or just retain the original engine. So enter the event change settings, exit, then re-enter. Then it's all good.

2. Do not make engine mods to the car. You need a GameShark to do that. You may, however, make tranny, suspension, flywheel, tire, racing mods, et cetera changes to the car. But do NOT add: engine, muffler, or turbo/intercooler changes (i.e. anything that changes horsepower) or you will lose the hybrid mods!

3. Have patience. The cars don't always act the same as they did before...that's part of the fun.

4. Don't try to use them in OLR/online competitions, unless hybrids are allowed. Others will know in a heartbeat if an Eclipse is suddenly turning laps 5 seconds quicker than before...heh heh.

Any questions/requests?

How about a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL with a fully tuned Lister Storm V12 engine. That dark green color.

And a 1995 Corvette ZR-1 with the same engine. Black color.

And a 1998 300ZX 2seater Twin Turbo with a fully tuned 1999 Skyline GT-R V-spec R34 engine.

Thanks ahead of time. Sorry for botherin you too, but when I bought a gameshark, it wouldn't work and it was brand new. Oh well.

Well, the 3000GT SL and ZR-1 '95 are done. I like the sound of that Lister V12 engine, especially with the racing muffler. If you ever get the rare chance to hear the old Jaguar V12 racing engines (like 80's IMSA or historic racing), do yourself a favor and hear it!

The Cougar and Z will take a bit of time.

DexDrive..... ???

Just off to google.

2 mins later.

Wow, i did not know this was possible. Does anyone know if this kit is available in the UK? Gotta have, gotta have!

Right off down Tottenham Crt road.

Later guys

Slip.

Try www.ebworld.com , it was about $15 with the shipping. I suppose that's about £10, but you will have to ship overseas, I'm guessing. Even then, that and a GameShark are worth every penny...it really improves GT2 in ways more than hybrids.

hey while your at it could you help me.
i would like an r34 engine an drivetrain within the sileight black if possible. and the escudo drivetrain and engine within an r34 skyline no racing modification black as well.and maybe a escudoo engine and drivetrain within the sileighty. thanks in advance

Cerumo Supra GT with a fully tuned 1999 Skyline GT-R V-spec R34 engine

1989 Mazda Protege 4Door Sedan with a fully tuned Viper engine. Black in color.

1996 Levin BZG with a fully tuned Speed 12 engine. Red in color.

1998 Civic Sedan with a fully tuned GT500 engine. Also red in color.

1999 Mustang GT with a fully tuned GT40 engine. Dark green in color.

1996 Mirage Asti RX with a fully tuned Espace F1 engine. White in color.

Thanks for all the help.

Okay, here is the 300ZX with the R34 mods. I couldn't find the correct codes to add displacement (although it added about 10hp), and finding muffler codes that are exact is next to impossible. For some reason, the Lister was easy, but the R34 was not.

So you have a Z with 731hp. Not too shabby, though. When I can find those codes, I'll give it a shot. The Cougar "time machine" is ready too.

The others will take a bit of time...

Originally posted by fast_4sho
Hey while your at it could you help me.

I would like an r34 engine an drivetrain within the sileight black if possible.

No problem, but the SilEighty doesn't come it black. I'll choose a suitable color. The rest should be easy, the other SilEighty will be a different color.

Here's the latest hybrids for fast_4sho and psonefreak. If anyone else is interested in these hybrids and rare cars, feel free to download them. They are for anyone interested.

Also included with the above hybrids are the FTO LM edition and del Sol LM edition, both in two colors. I've also included the Honda (not Acura) Integra Type R 98 spec in silver, too. (If you have the NTSC version of the game, you need a GS to unlock it.)

For the 300ZX/SilEighty with fully modded R34 compnents, the total horsepower rating is 778hp, instead of 774. I'm not sure why, but I don't think you'll mind the slight upgrade...

I was able to make one of SilEighty's black; I [R]-modified the car, so that's as close to black as you will get (hope you don't mind the red stripes). I didn't think about the racing modification, so you learn something new about the game every day. Either that, or you catch your mistakes.

With the above exception, there are no other modifcations to the car. You will have to add your own suspension, tires, driveshafts, differentials, flywheels, clutches, brakes, balance controllers, weight reductions, and racing modifications (did I miss anything?) to your new cars. Again, do not add parts to the car that will "increase" horsepower, you will lose the hybrid parts.

Change the car's settings, then exit, and then re-enter the race to start. It's a pain, but that's how hybrids work. Or you can just run the car without any changes of its settings.

hey pupik got a question is there any way to get rid of the "kairi r"
writting off the side of teh 99 kairi r. how come when i change teh traction number to ffff the car bumps up and down in the rear.
what is the maximum traction number sequence. also without using the dex drive how can i get teh liscense cars.
Your site is the best pupik it got me making some sick hybrids right away. how do you edit colors? i actually built my own sileighty with the help of your site so thanks.

Originally posted by fast_4sho
Is there any way to get rid of the "kairi r" writting off the side of teh 99 kairi r.

No, but you can GS a different body onto any car. So if you are tired of looking at the Tommy Kaira logo, you have to change the body of the R '99 to say, a Nissan GT-R R34 V-spec. But you cannot just paint or modify the car bodies with any degree of simplicity; you need load a long set of codes every time you want to modify the body...which requires a GS each time, so it's next to useless. But merely swapping the body of one car with another is one of the easiest tricks to learn about hybrids. It also gets rid of a few very ugly racing modifications...

How come when i change teh traction number to ffff the car bumps up and down in the rear. What is the maximum traction number sequence?

It is ffff for the front and rear. Some the traction codes are linked to suspension codes (it's belived), therefore, I don't recommend changing them. Usually, ffff is a bad idea; it makes the car too difficult to move. Remember that much of the settings are a trade-off in some way or another: you sacrifice speed for acceleration, traction for looseness, understeer for oversteer, etc.

Also without using the dex drive how can i get teh liscense cars.

Practice, practice, practice. That's the recommended way. But for saps like me who can't get all-gold in the I-B, I-A, and Superlicense (working at it a little at a time, though)...there's always the GS. I hadn't posted many codes on my site, but the first one is the "Buy any car" codes at the Toyota New Car Lot...you'll be set!

D01C322C D5D8
801C3018 D758
D01C322C D5D8
801C301A 120D

D01C322C D5D8
801C2FCC A498
D01C322C D5D8
801C2FCE 0E35

D01C322C D5D8
801C3064 E59C
D01C322C D5D8
801C3066 1745

D01C322C D5D8
801C30B0 F71C
D01C322C D5D8
801C30B2 1200

D01C322C D5D8
801C30FC E65C
D01C322C D5D8
801C30FE 1701

D01C322C D5D8
801C3148 129C
D01C322C D5D8
801C314A 1E0D

D01C322C D5D8
801C3194 C31C
D01C322C D5D8
801C3196 2001

You can change the bold values; just check out my site for a listing for car codes. You have to type the 5th through 8th characters on the first bold line, then the 1st through 4th characters on the second bold line. DO NOT buy cars that are body only, or upgraded [R]-modded cars (like say, a [R] Civic Type R). You can only buy [R]-mod cars that come with racing modifcation standard. And if you get a car that costs zero credits, avoid it...you'll be sorry.

How do you edit colors?

There are codes to change the car's color, but there is a catch...you can only change the color to one offered on that car. So if a car doesn't have black, you can't have it. So forget all about an all-black Unisia Jecs Skyline.

its not hard i was making hybrids quick after visiting pupiks site its great check it out.
how exactly do the above posted codes work cuz the y did nothing for me but maybe i screwed up though.

Do you know which version of the game you have? Check the FAQ or a related post for more info. The version (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Japanese, PAL) makes a difference when you hybrid. I'm guessing that you have one of the NTSC versions (1.0 through 1.2), because you were able to make hybrids with my info.

The above codes were for version 1.0, I should have mentioned that.

Back