Hyundai Elantra Sport

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 97 comments
Catalytic converters are always huge restrictions on any car, even "performance" converters. The main converter on my FC is worth about 18 wheel horsepower on an NA engine, according to Racing Beat. It felt like it - before I removed that, the car basically died at 7000 rpm.

I want one. It's not overtly sporty like a Focus ST or something, it looks like an adult car, and still has plenty of scoot and awesome gas mileage. I want one!

Hyundai Kona compact SUV
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/85DD7F90AFA49EF4CA2580F70005082F
“It is related, so AD Elantra and PD i30 do have very similar platforms, and we understand that Kona will share a lot of common componentry from that platform,” he said.

“However, the way that the company works is that it will take what it thinks is ideal componentry for that particular application and either introduce that or perhaps modify things to suit. “I guess the key thing is, you can expect the car to share that kind of dimension.”

This would make the Kona larger than the current segment leader, the Mazda2-based CX-3 which measures 4275mm in length, 1765mm wide and has a 2570mm wheelbase, and will likely put its sizing on par with the Honda HR-V, Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi ASX and the recently launched Toyota C-HR.

Engine options could also mirror the forthcoming i30, with a new 150kW/265Nm 1.6-litre turbo-petrol four-pot, 120kW/203Nm 2.0-litre atmo four-cylinder and a 100kW turbo-diesel with 280Nm in the manual and 300Nm in the automatic versions of the small car.

Although a date for the full reveal is yet to be confirmed, Hyundai will likely unveil the Kona mid-year for its third quarter release, and Mr Thomas said the reveal will be for the production version as “we won’t be seeing a concept before then”.

Spy pics of Kona
Hyundai-Small-SUV-2.jpg
Hyundai-Small-SUV-4.jpg

I reckon the Kona deserves its own thread, it's certainly a cool looking crossover! :cool:

If i didnt already have a car, this would totally be a car i would seriously consider, dare i say over the Mazda3

I love how the rear looks like an Audi A4

Awesome car
@R1600Turbo
You totally should trade in your car and get this one.

I'm seeing more i30s on the road. The front fascia look quite mean. Definitely Audi-esque. Wouldn't be surprised if it outsells the Mazda3.

One dealership in the entire SF bay area has a Elantra Sport with a manual....ONE. I'm going to go drive it soon...seems like a pretty bang on car to me.

A moderator in my group is getting his car reviewed by David Patterson (ThatDudeInBlue - YouTube). Video should be up in a couple weeks. The car just had a modified Veloster turbo installed, full exhaust, and intercooler setup. Should be making ~280whp.

28377554_10215962578927031_6436211108296839312_n.jpg

Noob question I have to ask somebody.

The DCT package gives you paddle-shifters to change gears. I read that you can let the computer change gears for you, basically making it an auto to some degree. Is this true?

Noob question I have to ask somebody.

The DCT package gives you paddle-shifters to change gears. I read that you can let the computer change gears for you, basically making it an auto to some degree. Is this true?

As far as I know, every single DCT has an automatic mode. I haven't actually experienced one that doesn't have automatic mode as the default behavior.

Latest Posts

Back