I feel so used!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subaru child
  • 41 comments
  • 1,842 views

Do you think GT4 should have a used car mode?

  • Yes

    Votes: 77 82.8%
  • No

    Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I'm not bothered eitherway

    Votes: 8 8.6%

  • Total voters
    93
Messages
12
Does anybody know wether GT4 will have a used car mode ?
I realy hope it does! :scared:
 
That was one of the reasons I kept playing GT2 while gt3 was out, used cars and race modifications !
 
What would be cool is if the used cars would also look used... little dent here, little paint missing there... ;)
 
I never got the concept of "used" cars in GT2. With credits so easy to come by in the video game why would anyone buy a used car.

I like them new!

Though....I think if it was built in differently in GT4 it could be useful. Unlike Gt2, Gt3 had mileage on your car in SIM mode. You also had engine break-in periods and engine wear. Now in GT4 it would be great to be able to buy a car with a broken in engine (usually about 200miles in GT3). Also you could "break-in" a car's engine and sell it for a slightly higher price and/or if you sold a car with a ton of miles on it (say a few thousand) it selld for a lower price.
 
of course i dont want a used car mode, who the hell would want more choice??
 
The used cars made the game a lot easier to start in GT2. Glad to hear theyre returning.
 
yeah, and its pretty fun to trawl through looking for a gem
 
Yeah, starting with a used Silvia or RX-7 in GT2 was the bees knees. It didn't take much to break 200 HP with those cars, and then you could complete a bunch of the early game a lot easier.
 
Not including used cars in future GT gmaes would be criminal.
 
ive got a real problem with cars that have been bought brand new, worn in, modded then sold.

what i dont get (and what really p*sses me off) is that, say we buy a supra (47,000 cr), mod it with the full racing spec stuff (turbo stage 4, all drivetrain, lightweight, mufflers, intercoolers, etc etc.) then try and sell it. result? approx. 1/5th of the original price (47,000cr).............WHY!? you have just spent 100,000's of credits and what ya get? jack all! why is it like this? i really hate it........really lets the bought new -> used and selling proccess down.

about used cars, i love them to start with, but id love if the proccess of buying cars and winning cash was harder. in other words, you cant save up for a lancer evo VIII straight from the off, but work your way up the car market. anybody agree?
 
Wouldn't it be cool if after you sold your cars they showed up under the used car dealer. So lets say you sold your first car to buy something more competitive, but later you could be reunited with it. And maybe some used cars would already have a few mods when you buy them.
 
what about sim cars that used to be yours that you race against >
 
capnlarge
Yeah, starting with a used Silvia or RX-7 in GT2 was the bees knees. It didn't take much to break 200 HP with those cars, and then you could complete a bunch of the early game a lot easier.
Everbody knows it was the Twin Turbo Toyota Supra, foo. :)

I loved starting with the 92 Prelude. 197HP and FWD. 👍
 
I couldn't really care if GT4 has or doesn't have used cars.
 
Do you race?
I couldn't really care if GT4 has or doesn't have used cars.
Why? You're not going to play it?
 
I really think used cars are not needed in GT. I'll like the game anyway but there were no used cars in GT3 and I didn't missed them at all. That's my point.

Anyway, you have to live in th Jungle to ignore there will be used cars in GT4.

See ya :sly:
 
^ I agree that used cars really are not needed, but it can't hurt the game. I guess i would say I'm not bothered either way.
 
this is not the response i expected ppl! :s the used cars we a big part of what made gt2 so great, and that was only japanese used cars! gt4 ill have a far wider selection
 
MadduckUK
this is not the response i expected ppl! :s the used cars we a big part of what made gt2 so great, and that was only japanese used cars! gt4 ill have a far wider selection
This is how I feel. The used cars were a lot of fun. It was great to figure out the best car. When I mean best, I mean what car let you enter the most races possible before needing to buy a new car. Or, at least tunning up a prize car. After you completed the game, it was fun to restart the game over and over again, each time selecting a different used car. It was fun racing for credits for the sole purpose of buying improvements for your car.
 
I kind of missed the used cars. It helps when your starting out fresh, and your need a cheap car
 
Yeah, but pick a dud one and you're gone. I remember playing GT1 and picking a dodgy car, so I sold it but found I could only afford a cheap used car, picked another dodgy one and ended up racing a Nissan Bluebird that was outstripped by passing butterflies.
 
GT3 was a fun game,but a little boring without the used cars!!!
 
Used cars are great, it's great, becuase in a more realistic way you haev to start with an older cheap car, it makes it seem more realistic for getting the older model cars, that the colors are pre-chossen for you.

I have spent may a days simply browsing the GT2's used cars, buy one mod it try it out, sell it (of coasre i had a saved game with soem extra gameshark cash to help my window shopping)

Hopefully they do like said before, and make some used cars come with mods already, that would be a nice bonus.
 
Will the Japanese old cars be the only used cars in GT4 as per GT2?
In GT2 the older American and European cars could be bought from the new car dealership.
In GT3 all old cars were bought at the same place as the newer models. Did that make the old cars brand new or used?
Will used cars in GT4 have milage? If yes will it effect price and performance.
What age does a used car become a classic?
Used cars were fun back in GT2 due to the number available, however finding one you wanted in the colour I liked got annoying.
I prefered buying older cars in GT3 where I could choose the colour.
 
Back