I feel so used!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subaru child
  • 41 comments
  • 1,839 views

Do you think GT4 should have a used car mode?

  • Yes

    Votes: 77 82.8%
  • No

    Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I'm not bothered eitherway

    Votes: 8 8.6%

  • Total voters
    93
from the looks of the selection screen their will be used cars from all the car "groups" based on what countries their from, and a seperate one for american cars
 
I think used cars are good thing, I started with Supra Twinturbo in GT 1 and 2 and now I can start with it in GT4 too 👍

Will racing car modifications come back?

Is that true that there is a bank in GT 4 where you can lent money????? :rolleyes:

And if you could lent for example 50 000 Cr, you could buy new Supra as first car? :dopey:
 
If there's a banking system, I don't think it will be as easy as that. there's no way PD would let you take out a loan and ten minutes later be driving a car that's way too powerful for you. Maybe you can borrow more money as you get better licences or something.

As for racing mods, most of those were imaginary, so I doubt we'll see their return ...
 
maybe they start it off better, you have to start off witha $10000 loan instead of having the money

the bank might also be to pay for fuel (if it is requirted to buy it for each race, just to be sure you can't end up completely with nothing)
 
I really missed used cars in GT3, so I'm looking forward to them in 4. :)
 
I wish we heard more about the banking system. What does it mean exactly? Maybe we don't start off with a certain amount of credits. Maybe we have to earn credit by performing well in the license tests. The better we do, the better our credit ratting is. The more our credit ratting goes up, the more we can borrow. Sounds cool. 👍

Thinking about it, maybe we no longer get a prize car for all gold. Maybe we get a credit ratting in the amount equivalent to what the prize car should have cost us. That way, we wont have to sell a prize car for one-fourth the money if we don't like it.
 
You know what I liked about the "Used Car System" ? The fact that you can find cars that are way pricy and better than new cars Eg.. The 22B... A gem in Gt2...
 
I liked the fact that the used car lots had different cars in them every time you visited. I never did catch the 22B that MdnIte mentions above!!!
 
I found in GT1 that to make one of the fastest cars in the game you had to start with a 2nd hand one... or am I remembering it wrong... I dunno... too much alcohol in the intervening years!!

C.
 
Do you race?
As for racing mods, most of those were imaginary, so I doubt we'll see their return ...

That's what I liked about racing mods. The fact that you're car would be customised and you knew you could never win it or anything. I used to like getting the Skyline 2.5t DEBBT (I think that's right) - the baby old skyline, doing it up, working my way up the ranks, then race modyfiying it and taking on the big skylines with it. I knew it was unique and I loved it. Also not all racing mods were made up. The racing mod for the Lotus Elise GT1 - that was the actual paint scheme of the car for the 1998 FIA GT championship if I remember correctly.

There also has been a mention of racing mods making a come back, but to what exent I don't know. There hasn't been any mention of them recently.

Personally, my opinion of the used garage is, that you can only buy old classic cars in there, that aren't available straight out of the delearship. So old cars which aren't available from the delearship from now, should be in the used car part. And yeah I like the idea of mileage on them, and maybe having to do some repair work to them. Just my two cents.
 
Solid Lifters
I wish we heard more about the banking system. What does it mean exactly? Maybe we don't start off with a certain amount of credits. Maybe we have to earn credit by performing well in the license tests. The better we do, the better our credit ratting is. The more our credit ratting goes up, the more we can borrow. Sounds cool. 👍

Thinking about it, maybe we no longer get a prize car for all gold. Maybe we get a credit ratting in the amount equivalent to what the prize car should have cost us. That way, we wont have to sell a prize car for one-fourth the money if we don't like it.

I seem to recall Kaz saying something to the tune of "the banking system is there to lend money for upgrading cars & to enter races" or something to that effect.
it looks as though that you may have to pay fees to enter races or maybe for your fuel, tires, crew, etc...

also, what was interesting is, that he referred to it as "lending money"

i can see it now.....
you borrow a wad of money to go race in a high profile series.
then the bank puts a lean on your car.
you lose & now your into the bank for a gang of cash.
if you cant pay up & it's repo time.
bank repo's the car.
now you have to try to get a loaner used car & race in a little chump series to try to get back on top again.
you have piss poor credit, your in the hole to the bank still for thousands.
you have to keep racing until your small earnings pay off the bank.
finally you pay your debt & you have to start from $0.00 money again.


it would really put the pressure on for you to race well.
that is one thing about the GT series. there is no repercussions or penalty for not winning.
"o'well, didn't win, i guess i'll try again later."

one of the elements i really like in a few of the other racing games, is the fact that you get offered a contract for a season, or seasons of racing.
with a finnishing results goal set that needs to be accomplished in order to get paid.
it really kind of gives an interactive real world feel to it.
 
Back