I feel sorry for PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fantomas666
  • 82 comments
  • 4,972 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the bad things PD made in GT5, are "Gift option" and not enough events.

IMO, without the gift option, I would have played GT5 for a year at least, just to collect all cars, what took me 4 months.

At least, more events with higher career level would be fun, especially if there were cars as prizes after winning an event or completing a level, don't even think about seasonal events, that's nothing at all, 5 races per week ?! Is that big deal ?? Don't think so if you play at least 2hrs+ per day.
And the stupid 500.000 Cr for overhauling the engine and fixing chassis...come on ! At least if there was noway to grind and get enough money, nevermind...

Am I disappointed ? Hell yes I am, 5 years waiting and this is GT5...Happy with the physics, amazed with photomode quality, also the high detailed tracks and premium cars, but that's not everything...

Today I don't play GT5 anymore, left it at level 40 A&B Spec, 100% game progress, own all cars and 20.000.000 Cr. What left ? Online ? Yes , maybe, if I get bored of the other games...But, I'm having fun - without GT5 - and that's what I want.
 
bombe32
Most of the time in GT5 it's all about the setup and the car being used within the restrictions

Isn't this what real competitive racing is about? Regardless, I find this still to be the best racing sim for a console available.
 
If you thing the critque that PD is reciving is baad. Then you should have seen the CoD block ops PS3 forum just after launch. They where pages full of complaints nad conflicts between PS3 users and Xbox 360 users. I find these forums quit friendly actually.
 
Isn't this what real competitive racing is about? Regardless, I find this still to be the best racing sim for a console available.

Of course it might be more realistic, but in online races nothing is realistic. The cars are never the same types of cars which belongs to a specific class, but just a random bunch of cars that fit in the restriction. That can make a huge gap between the performance level of the cars in the race (and PP do not work with high-performance cars).

Btw, I never called GRID a sim of any kind, but a better racing game in terms of entertainment online. Intense racing.
 
How can one think the reviews are unfair?

A for effort. C- for execution. Simple as that really. And if this were some other publisher, they would have said it's a great first effort, but it fails in some areas that needs more work, all in all, a good debut with a lot of promise.

However, it's not a debut from a new publisher, but a 5 year effort from a veteran company that has practically redefined the genre.

And as far as feeling sorry for PD, I'll paraphrase a quote from earth's resident warlock, "they already got your money, dude."
 
phil bell
The game as it is is like a raw ingot of freshly obtained diamond rock,VERY rough around the edges and leaves lots of things to be desired,but has great potential.No one sane can deny that other racing games are superior in many areas (except physics,that would be the nail in the coffin) relative to GT5 and have been developed in far less time.Expectations have risen.HOWEVER imo GT5 can be a great game,just needs some polish in the form of added updates and features to make it into what it should be and what we have expected.

I agree, PD also has the ability to improve the game after release through updates. They have made improvements already and I believe it's only going to get better.

I'm old school and remember what gaming was like in the 90's. Kids these days don't know how good they have it (holly crap, I'm getting old) dammit cut your hair Beiber wannabe's.
 
For the most part, PD have been let off the hook by reviewers and have got 8.5s across the board largely on reputation.

Where they have got a good thrashing is at the hands of gamers' reviews and they fully deserve it.

It has reasonably good physics which aren't close to the real thing but good enough for being a simulator and memorizing tracks. But to be a good simulator, you need a lot of tracks, not disney inspired cape rings. If you don't have enough quality tracks to hot lap, and the AI is shambolic as is, the online netcode is broken, where are the options in this?

If you prop up a game just by the physics, why don't I go buy a chassis and take it to the road?

Their arrogance has infuriated me more than anything. To claim to want perfection, to delay the game to no end for this effect and then this is what we get?

Sorry. 👎
 
Every single game that gets released has a forum full of haters, its strange you would think most of the people who like the game would be the ones on the forum but it is usually a case of a handfull of each, who then battle it out.

Personally i think GT5 is fantastic, though it has plenty of flaws and weaknesses that could be improved on, it is still (in my eyes) the most complete racing game available at the moment.



Top of the list of games that the official forums hated are.

1. Test Drive Unlimited 2
2. F1 2010


And more recently, Crysis 2 got a hoard of angry gamers (mostly PC players), and even more recently, NFS Shift 2 exactly the same.
 
Lol they did I just think they deserve more peoples money, this wets anything else available the debate will continue forever, I for 1 enjoy this game alot. A* for effort A- for execution A* for online entertainment z- for crazy spoilt fans. Sorry just the way I feel. They are limited massively by the system, there is things I would change Like getting rid of b spec completely for more p cars, but you can't have your moussaka with a flake in, I know people who love it.
 
Lol they did I just think they deserve more peoples money, this wets anything else available the debate will continue forever, I for 1 enjoy this game alot. A* for effort A- for execution A* for online entertainment z- for crazy spoilt fans. Sorry just the way I feel. They are limited massively by the system, there is things I would change Like getting rid of b spec completely for more p cars, but you can't have your moussaka with a flake in, I know people who love it.

FFS, not again ... :banghead:
 
dschoene
I'm really happy for you if you think that way. But it also tells me that you can't possibly have owned one of the previous titles. Of course it's a glorious riot to take a roll in the hay with the cute neighbors daughter, but if you took that drop-dead gorgeous, smoking hot chick from down the street to bed before, the experience might be considerably less exciting :sly:

I am confused.. is gt5 the hot chick or the neighbourgs daugther? If it is the hot chick I agree. Nontheless the game has its flaws, they just don't bother me that much, so what my '02 primera is a standard.. meh. I have a great friend community (many are rl friends) and we are all thilled to be running one make races on new tracks (track editor is aaaawesooome). Most races are incredibly tight and fun bumper to bumper awesomeness. Just a thrill, won't get that from the other titles..
 
Why do so many say it?
 
I am confused.. is gt5 the hot chick or the neighbourgs daugther? If it is the hot chick I agree. Nontheless the game has its flaws, they just don't bother me that much, so what my '02 primera is a standard.. meh. I have a great friend community (many are rl friends) and we are all thilled to be running one make races on new tracks (track editor is aaaawesooome). Most races are incredibly tight and fun bumper to bumper awesomeness. Just a thrill, won't get that from the other titles..

Definitely the neighbours daughter. FUGLY as ****.
 
I like a nice ugly one who will buy me chips afterwards:@
 
My neighbours daughter was the hot chick.
 
I guess it's exactly because they dont release one title a year that expectations are so much higher for GT5.
 
gambleboyen
I guess it's exactly because they dont release one title a year that expectations are so much higher for GT5.

Yep
 
Lol they did I just think they deserve more peoples money, this wets anything else available the debate will continue forever, I for 1 enjoy this game alot. A* for effort A- for execution A* for online entertainment z- for crazy spoilt fans. Sorry just the way I feel. They are limited massively by the system, there is things I would change Like getting rid of b spec completely for more p cars, but you can't have your moussaka with a flake in, I know people who love it.

Here's an idea, what happened to working with what you have and optimize it? No one told them they had to have an x amount of polygons.

There's a saying that goes, "it's a poor craftsman who blames his tools."
 
Feel sorry for PD? I tell you what, how about everyone who feels sorry for PD sending me 60 bucks, then you can feel free to trash me at will on any forum on the internet you can find. I can promise you I won't care because just like PD, I'll already have your cash.

And as far as I'm concerned most of negative talk on any game developers forum is solely the fault of the game developers themselves. They like to talk out their bungholes in the hype machine leading up to release. They'll promise everything under the sun to get people lined up to pre-order. Then the game comes out and they don't live up to their promises and people get upset. I mean look at the back of the box. PD hasn't even lived up to the features they advertise on the back of the box. Of course people are going to be upset.
 
But to be a good simulator, you need a lot of tracks, not disney inspired cape rings.:

If PD's tracks are Disney inspired, man, what do I make of some of the fictional tracks in Forza and Shift?👎
 
TRC GeorgiaDawg
I mean look at the back of the box. PD hasn't even lived up to the features they advertise on the back of the box. Of course people are going to be upset.

Lucas Ordonez told me his box said, the real driving simulator!
 
You don't know how much your loved until you have Haters. :P Hi Haters :P it's usually the peeps who whine the most play it all the time and bitch to feel better about choosing a video game over life. People with lives don't sweat the trivial BS and take it as a whole, appreciating what PD has brought to the gaming world and what that's done to the gaming world.
 
Last edited:
Lucas Ordonez told me his box said, the real driving simulator!

I could care less. Because on mine it says Leaderboards and Matchmaking and neither of those are present.

And if you want to treat it as the real driving simulator then it fails even worse than it does as a racing game.
 
TRC GeorgiaDawg
I could care less. Because on mine it says Leaderboards and Matchmaking and neither of those are present.

And if you want to treat it as the real driving simulator then it fails even worse than it does as a racing game.

I'm curious as to why you play it then, and why your on a forum talking about it? I don't like WOW and I've never been to a WOW forum ever.

If you don't like it, that's fine, nobody cares wether you like it or not, just like the WOW fanboys couldn't care less that I find WOW just another D&D for the modern Geek. What bothers us is the peeps who don't like it won't shut up about it, like we are supposed to care, or be swayed by their gripes. Get over it and move on.
 
You don't know how much your loved until you have Haters. :P Hi Haters :P it's usually the peeps who whine the most play it all the time and bitch to feel better about choosing a video game over life. People with lives don't sweat the trivial BS and take it as a whole, appreciating what PD has brought to the gaming world and what that's done to the gaming world.

So, you're saying fanbois who play it all the time and then come on message boards because they feel the need to defend (and feel sorry for) PD have more lives than those who don't like it?

If you don't like it, that's fine, nobody cares about it just like the WOW gambits couldn't care less that I find WOW just another D&D for the modern Geek. What bothers us is the peeps who don't like it won't shut up about it, like we are supposed to care.

When you grow up, you'll find that complaints are more likely to be heard than compliments. This goes for any product/service.
 
I had the misfortune to buy, play & return Shift 2 all in the same day! GT5 has nothing to worry about as far as competition is concerned. If they released a PS3 version of Forza thrn I guess PD might worry but that's not going to happen. I tend to look at GT5 as a driving game rather than a racing game as the car physics are second to none but racing against the AI is a no-brainer. If it has a fault for me it's the endurance events. I have a life and so completing GT5 100% is sadly not going to happen for me and that's a shame.
 
GrimSinn
I'm curious as to why you play it then, and why your on a forum talking about it? I don't like WOW and I've never been to a WOW forum ever.

If you don't like it, that's fine, nobody cares wether you like it or not, just like the WOW fanboys couldn't care less that I find WOW just another D&D for the modern Geek. What bothers us is the peeps who don't like it won't shut up about it, like we are supposed to care, or be swayed by their gripes. Get over it and move on.

Come back when burnout makes you a pro racing driver
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back