I found a car not on the list!

  • Thread starter Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 42 comments
  • 2,353 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
Messages
5,779
United States
Anoka, MN
I found a 1987 Buick Grand National!!:)
 

Attachments

  • Buick Grand National.jpg
    Buick Grand National.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 127
... not on which list? :odd:
 
damn N00bs

:lol:
 
at the first look at seems like a chevi Monte Carlo...but its really a buick....

but, i think diego got the point ;)
 
OMG I thought I saw a desperate shining thought that I DIDN'T know GT4 entirely...
 
Though a quick point for Diego - it's Klaatu Barada Nikto.
 
Famine
Though a quick point for Diego - it's Klaatu Barada Nikto.

It's from the movie Army of Darkness

if it's wrong, then the Spanish subtitles got it wrong in the first place, so I blame them :D
 
That is actually a Buick GNX, the 1987 limited edition version of the Grand National. It was the fastest production car of that year, even beating Porshe's.

And yes, it is on the list
 
And BTW, it is a monte carlo, same body, but with buick desigining touches...
 
TurboRegal
It was the fastest production car of that year, even beating Porshe's.

And yes, it is on the list

:lol:

That's what I call a sweeping statement. How exactly was it the fastest? Top speed? Acceleration? Laptimes?

edit: The Porsche 959 started production in 1987...somehow this makes me rather sceptical about your claim of the GNX's "fastest production car of that year" status.
 
amp88
:lol:

That's what I call a sweeping statement. How exactly was it the fastest? Top speed? Acceleration? Laptimes?

sheer ugliness?
 
Diego440
sheer ugliness?
How can ugliness be fast? Like the seconds between seeing it and throwing up? :yuck:


















:O :D
 
the Interceptor
How can ugliness be fast? Like the seconds between seeing it and throwing up? :yuck:

don't know... I wasn't really thinking there... my bad
 
Diego440
It's from the movie Army of Darkness

if it's wrong, then the Spanish subtitles got it wrong in the first place, so I blame them :D

Wikipedia
The mystical phrase Ash is supposed to speak when he takes the Necronomicon, "Clatto Verata Nicto" (As it is in the script) is a reference to the classic science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still. In the film, the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" is used to cancel the robot Gort's attack.

Subtitlers blow.
 
amp88
:lol:

That's what I call a sweeping statement. How exactly was it the fastest? Top speed? Acceleration? Laptimes?

edit: The Porsche 959 started production in 1987...somehow this makes me rather sceptical about your claim of the GNX's "fastest production car of that year" status.
As did the Ferrari F40, in which both of these cars were the faster in every category.
 
Shall we mention the Ruf CTR at this point? :D

Wikipedia
the 1987 CTR, which set the record as the world's fastest production automobile at the time of it's release
 
Yep, that car was on the list before the game even launched, as they had pictures of it on the Japanese GT4 website.

And incidentally, "Klaatu Barada Nikto" isn't from Army of Darkness originally, it's from The Day the Earth Stood Still. It was the command used to send the big robot (whose name I forget) back into the ship to leave after his master died (to keep him from going berserk and killing everything). Sam Raimi used it in Army of Darkness as an homage. Incidentally, George Lucas also used it, albeit in a more subtle way. Two of the aliens on Jabba's barge in Return of the Jedi were named Klaatu and Nikto. Don't know what happened to Barada, maybe he got left at the palace. :)
 
I found a car not on the list....

Its called a Toyota GT-One Race car:dopey:
 
Ashley.
I found a car not on the list....

Its called a Toyota GT-One Race car:dopey:

I think I have one of those.. It's black though... I think it could be some kind of carbon fiber.. I don't think it's on any of the lists though - appeared in the used car lot on day 697 IIRC..
 
OK, guys, the fun and off-topic randomness has gone its course.

Where'd my raining on the parade smiley go?
 
Der Alta
OK, guys, the fun and off-topic randomness has gone its course.

Where'd my raining on the parade smiley go?

Seriously - This thread was OT the moment it was posted. The chance of someone finding a car not on any of the lists is what ?. !.1.8 square 444800 against ?...

And the odds of "That" username finding "That" car, as not being on any lists... Puhleeeaze...
 
Read the car list, It won't take forever.
 
WIKIPEDIA
the 1987 CTR, which set the record as the world's fastest production automobile at the time of it's release

WIKIPEDIA
1987...the Ferrari F40 was the fastest production car in the world.

buickgnx.com
1987...made the GNX the fastest production sedan ever built. This claim is somewhat controversial—the car had two doors but its interior volume and structure made it a sedan rather than a coupe

As you can see, anyone can claim anything. Also, these cars werent even real production cars, due to their low volume of production, thus being Limited Production cars.

1987 Buick GNX: 547
1987 Ferrari F40: 1,315
1987 RUF CTR "Yellow Bird": 28 real production, around 28 converted Porshes
1987 Porshe 959: 250-300

Sorry for the off-topicness
 
there doesnt seem to be a concrete topic in this thread. the sheer uselessness of the thread has provided us with a medium for crash-course conversation. enjoy?
 
Perhaps we should just close it instead?
 
amp88
edit: The Porsche 959 started production in 1987...somehow this makes me rather sceptical about your claim of the GNX's "fastest production car of that year" status.
I beleive it was the fastest American car of the time (remember, ths was when Corvette's still only had around 250 BHP) 0-60 wise.
 
SSVelle
As you can see, anyone can claim anything. Also, these cars werent even real production cars, due to their low volume of production, thus being Limited Production cars.

1987 Buick GNX: 547
1987 Ferrari F40: 1,315
1987 RUF CTR "Yellow Bird": 28 real production, around 28 converted Porshes
1987 Porshe 959: 250-300

Sorry for the off-topicness


Porsche*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back