I found a car not on the list!

  • Thread starter Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 42 comments
  • 2,353 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSVelle
As you can see, anyone can claim anything. Also, these cars werent even real production cars, due to their low volume of production, thus being Limited Production cars.

1987 Buick GNX: 547
1987 Ferrari F40: 1,315
1987 RUF CTR "Yellow Bird": 28 real production, around 28 converted Porshes
1987 Porshe 959: 250-300

Sorry for the off-topicness

It's an interesting point BUT... Limited production means that production was limited. None of the vehicles had a set production run - they built and sold them until they didn't want to, or people stopped buying them.

For reference, the Ford RS200 Evolution is listed (though that may change soon, when someone gets hold of any one of the 4 or 5 cars than can beat it and does a ratified pair of runs) as the fastest accelerating production road car. Only "about" 30 of these were made, in varying states of trim - production of the RS200 itself was limited to 200 models (though only "about" 180 actually got built), but no limit was placed on the numbers of the different variants.
 
Famine
None of the vehicles had a set production run - they built and sold them until they didn't want to, or people stopped buying them.

I thought both the F40 and 959 did have set runs of production.
 
I guess I was wrong, but it came pretty close for being a car with a full interior, and an automatic tranny...

0-60 times
Porsche 959 - 4.1
RUF YellowBird - 4.0
F40 - 4.5
GNX - 4.5

I'm not sure if these numbers are right, I just quickly searched a bit on google...

Edit: And GNX's were a set production run, GM gave them to dealerships based on previous sales.
 
TurboRegal
I guess I was wrong, but it came pretty close for being a car with a full interior, and an automatic tranny...

0-60 times
Porsche 959 - 4.1
RUF YellowBird - 4.0
F40 - 4.5
GNX - 4.5

I'm not sure if these numbers are right, I just quickly searched a bit on google...

Edit: And GNX's were a set production run, GM gave them to dealerships based on previous sales.

Yeah the GNX was set to I think 200-300, but ended up running to 547. The 959 Was set around there too, and ended around 250-300. Don't know about the F40.
 
SSVelle
Yeah the GNX was set to I think 200-300, but ended up running to 547. The 959 Was set around there too, and ended around 250-300. Don't know about the F40.

There's actually quite a few F40's, many of the race cars contributing.

The F40 lasted for 4 years, so I wouldn't say its run was limited.
 
TurboRegal
And BTW, it is a monte carlo, same body, but with buick desigining touches...
Someone who knows what a Regal T-type is shouldn't be talking this way. :crazy:

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Well minus all the hillbillyness, and ugliness.... It is a G-body tho...
 
Jedi2016
Yep, that car was on the list before the game even launched, as they had pictures of it on the Japanese GT4 website.

And incidentally, "Klaatu Barada Nikto" isn't from Army of Darkness originally, it's from The Day the Earth Stood Still. It was the command used to send the big robot (whose name I forget) back into the ship to leave after his master died (to keep him from going berserk and killing everything). Sam Raimi used it in Army of Darkness as an homage. Incidentally, George Lucas also used it, albeit in a more subtle way. Two of the aliens on Jabba's barge in Return of the Jedi were named Klaatu and Nikto. Don't know what happened to Barada, maybe he got left at the palace. :)

But you misunderstand... Gnort is the Master. Though they butchered the story a lot for the film, they could have at least gotten his name straight. (EDIT: oh, looked it up, it was Gnut... no wonder they changed it. :indiff: )

Were the Grand Nationals that fast? I'd heard they were the fastest American production cars of their time, but I'd always thought they did the 0-60 in 5.5 seconds in stock trim.
 
Firstly can I say what a bunch of childish iditos some of you lot can be. Someone posts up what they think to be something new, and instead of just telling them they are mistaken, you lay into them like it's the most stupid mistake known to man.

I'd be surprised if buickgnx88 bothers to post on this forum again, after that childish attack. Let me remind everyone that this forum is a place to bring like minded GT players together. If everyone gets that kind of threatment, there won't be many people left using GTPlanet.

Toronado
[/COLOR][/B]I thought both the F40 and 959 did have set runs of production.

I don't know about the Porsche, but the F40 was down for a limited run, until they found out how popular it was so they upped the number and the original customers were pi$$ed off, as their cars were less exclusive. I can't remember the numbers, but were talking middle hundereds.
 
The Grand Nationals were pretty good for the time period, used an advanced turbocharged and everything (not done often in North American cars) and combined with a good 3.8L v6, so it had tons of torque, and could be upgraded because the block was bulletproof, it can run low 10's, prob high 9's in the quarter mile on a stock block... The GNX, the special edition for the last year of production, got a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler, and some other little tweaks, making it that much better...
 
lol the GNX is on the list........ just look harder next time ;)

and good god TurboRegal... calling the GNX a monte carlo with buick designing touches..... what are u smokin lol. It has alot more than just designing touches.. it isnt even the same car!!!!! :D
 
Am I the only one here who feels like this is thread is just beating a dead horse?

The Buick GNX is on the list of cars in the game- big deal.

The Buick GNX was fast in its hayday and there were probably others from the time that were just as fast (surely there were).

So, where does that leaves this thread?
In the Closed threads list. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back