Kart Racing - Most frustrating races in GT6?

• Thread starter Devolution
  • 282 comments
krazy_kris88
I don't know about you guys but I find Kart Racing to be the most frustrating facet of GT6.

In particular short courses, where the slightest nudge of a wall can ruin an ENTIRE race for you.

Arguably, one of the more unforgiving race types in my opinion.

What are your thoughts? I'm off to go repair my broken PS3 controller after 50+ restarts on the National A one!

yes the karting is very frustrating specially the kart 125 shifter...but rainmasters in iA is more difficult but thanfully i gold it but after a lot of restarts...also the nascar...it very straightforward but the stupid a.i. doesnt brake when you are in front of them, punting you then you spin out

yeah...the kart with shifter is powerful you'll spin a lot...its 49hp i think...and same weight with the normal and 125...and in rainmasters you have to drive powerful cars like fxx in wet track using racing hard...sarthe is easy but in wet nurburgring..you have to chase the leading car about 5km away from you before the long straight or you lose...

im not even in S class yet...

And I'm only 5,000 km away from Platinum. What's your point? Everyone advances at a different rate. I'm just telling you what I feel is true - that the racing gets more complex in S class. I admit to skipping IA and IB because I simply didn't want to run those boring races. Once you get to S class, things are more fun.

And I'm only 5,000 km away from Platinum. What's your point? Everyone advances at a different rate. I'm just telling you what I feel is true - that the racing gets more complex in S class. I admit to skipping IA and IB because I simply didn't want to run those boring races. Once you get to S class, things are more fun.
oh its my reply to myself above...and also if we are having hard time with lower class races then we will get our butts kicked by the S races

oh its my reply to myself above...and also if we are having hard time with lower class races then we will get our butts kicked by the S races

No, it just takes more time. The pit strategy... You will probably run out of fuel or tire life. S class is when fuel/tire wear becomes an issue - and it's a painful one. The AI is still as slow as ever.

No, it just takes more time. The pit strategy... You will probably run out of fuel or tire life. S class is when fuel/tire wear becomes an issue - and it's a painful one. The AI is still as slow as ever.
does tuning the camber and toe reduces/increases the tire wear? and any strategy for efficient fuel consumption? im not there yet...im still at iA

does tuning the camber and toe reduces/increases the tire wear? and any strategy for efficient fuel consumption? im not there yet...im still at iA

Basically braking sooner and accelerating later is all you've got for both. There's a fine line between my typical "ATTTTACCCKKKKK!!!!!" style and the "like a sir" style. :)

As for the karting being difficult, the AI is really ridiculous. Avoid them. Drive smooth. Turn-in super smooth, delicately. Then power out hard! :) Once you've reached the apex, the kart won't normally slide much. They're much more predictable in real life, so I feel you, but it's possible.

How do you do IA Kart Race on Gran Turismo Arena with Shifter?

Shorten your gear ratios....... Promise.

Edit: You should be rev-limiter banging in 6th gear in the draft. The acceleration from 0-140 km/h (top speed at GTA-A) should be like 4-5 seconds.

Edit pt. 2: I used to race karts in real life. The best thing to do is nail the gear ratios (to maximize the limited straight line speed you have) and then drive as smoothly as possible (to hold that limited speed.)

Basically braking sooner and accelerating later is all you've got for both. There's a fine line between my typical "ATTTTACCCKKKKK!!!!!" style and the "like a sir" style. :)

As for the karting being difficult, the AI is really ridiculous. Avoid them. Drive smooth. Turn-in super smooth, delicately. Then power out hard! :) Once you've reached the apex, the kart won't normally slide much. They're much more predictable in real life, so I feel you, but it's possible.
nice...thats how i always play with any car and i gold all karts...we have the same strategy...and lets add "patience" in there hahahha

patience for restarting those damn karting races whoah i googled crazy leo he is a real crazy driver!

I mean, patience - especially in GT6 - will not help you to win races. Unfortunately, they are still using rolling starts with 10-20+ seconds between 16th and first. If you start in 16th, you can't afford to be patient.

yeah i really really REALLY HATE those rolling starts! its cheap programming and most of the time the a.i. in front will always win 1st...you have to win 1st to make the a.i. 2nd...now there comes the problem...example in karting...there always 3 races...you have to 1st the 3 races to easily win...but what if go 2 golds and messed up the 3rd? the a.i. automatically wins...100points x 2 + 40 points and below (4th place?)...the a.i wins 75points x 2 + 100points for automtcally winning 1st place...rolling start is ok but let the a.i. fight for the 1st place not program an a.i. that automatically wins 1st place or 2nd because its always in front every start of the race or bring back qualifying...

yeah i really really REALLY HATE those rolling starts! its cheap programming and most of the time the a.i. in front will always win 1st...you have to win 1st to make the a.i. 2nd...now there comes the problem...example in karting...there always 3 races...you have to 1st the 3 races to easily win...but what if go 2 golds and messed up the 3rd? the a.i. automatically wins...100points x 2 + 40 points and below (4th place?)...the a.i wins 75points x 2 + 100points for automtcally winning 1st place...rolling start is ok but let the a.i. fight for the 1st place not program an a.i. that automatically wins 1st place or 2nd because its always in front every start of the race or bring back qualifying...
yeah its not that "always" but pd should give a.i. variations of characters...aggressive passive etc...

yeah its not that "always" but pd should give a.i. variations of characters...aggressive passive etc...
and also they should fix the braking and cornering of the a.i....i noticed that they are only interacting with other a.i's (they will brake if there's a.i. in front) but not to the player as if there's no car in front of them...that makes other races frustrating (nascar karting etc)

International B
GT Kart Championship 125
(ds3)

Thanks to the good advice on the fora, races 1 & 3 from utterly impossible became quite easy: 75 MPH, 10 kg ballast at 50%, driving steadily and without forcing it or applying excessive sharp turns, learning when to push and when not, learning when to brake hard. During Race 1 of 6 laps, I even crashed into a barrier around half way and had to reverse, dropped back to 4th and still managed a win if not very comfortable.

If I can, it can be done. But it was miserable drudgery until I knew the tracks almost by heart. I am not looking forward to more of the same.

I've only done the first lot of Karts as I am not sure I have the patience for them at moment. I remember hating them with a vengeance in GT5 but, once I adapted my driving style to them, I found them quite enjoyable (except for being punished for a tiny mistake and losing the race!!). Incidentally, the Autumn Ring Mini race on the hardest level of the karts in GT5 was one I could never win despite lots of attempts, silver was the best I could do. The other day, when I was a bit bored with GT6 (I know that's sacrilege to say but I was), I went back to GT5, went to that dreaded and impossible Kart race and.....won it at the first attempt!! It would appear that playing GT6 makes you better at GT5!!!

It's much like a chess problem, or solving the Meaning Of Life: you take it by surprise and apply a new attitude.

Very true...though I prefer to think that I snuck up behind it when it wasn't looking and stole it's wallet :lol: (well, figuratively speaking anyway! Disclaimer: This user does not, nor has ever, stolen someone's wallet, either through being sneaky or any other means :mischievous:)

I love the kart races. They prove once and for all that racing against AI can be close and challenging. They are the best racing that GT6 has to offer. You should start off every day of your GT6 life with a kart race as an act of training and devotion.

feather your throttle and try to lower the steering sensitivity so you wont spin easily also lower the the transmission to lowest or 130km so you accelerate faster "FOCUS"

Was some great advice, although I went as low as 100km/h for it. Managed to sneak in front of the leader at the second hairpin, and set the pace for the rest of the race. Had to do some defensive driving but everything turned out alright...

... until i have to do the 125's *shudder*

Back