I Have Gt4!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 300 comments
  • 20,009 views
Wisper
:grumpy: I will hopefully will get my game today, Software Etc in Santa Barbara is being difficult. Next time I will be going to EB. Damn Software Etc and their poor service.
Software Etc... 👎 Even Walmart has it already in Santa Barbara, My Brother lives on Campus and it was right on the shelf!
 
Nemo
oh man, got it last night and I almost peed my pants. I have it. I love it. And I will talk to you all much later!

Oh **** me too ill buy some beers and it will be a GT4 party 👍
 
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! I FINALLY HAVE THIS GAME AFTER 3 YEARS WAITING. It was purchased at 1:04PM from Gamestop on Feb 23. Today is a good day. I'm making a user name as we speak so... Ill be playing now. Ill be back on in a few hours... or days. lol, depends on how I fell. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
 
Jeekee
yeah i have it!! but it doesnt work, and im starting to get mad! :grumpy: anyone know what could be wrong? it just doesnt load at all, i have no mod chips either
Try running a cleaning disc through your ps2.
 
this is so unfair you americans celebrate while us europeans have to keep waiting whe is the pal release date tks in advance
 
got mine last night... not preordered... EBgames in Raleigh (Cary Towne Center) had probably 100 or more copies. Say "word!"

Game looks good.

As far as the posters who's game wont load, is it a DRE? Try putting in an older blue backed disc and see if you get a DRE (Disc Read Error). I was getting them for a while and finally got tired of it... called Sony and they took care of it free of charge not including my shipping to them. took about a week total. PS2 runs like a champ now. Seems they had to update a couple of internal parts, including laser, drive, etc. Good luck!

P.S. The game is of course more of the same... but thats why we love it! It's basically what you expect from a GT game. Very good IMO, but by no means perfect.
 
I got my copy of GT4 last night at a GameCrazy inside a Hollywood Video Store. It was not preordered by the way.
 
I finally got around to playing it alittle last night. I only did a couple license tests and a couple arcade races before I got really tired and had to get to bed. I'm just having alot of trouble driving the cars. It just feels like all the cars have very very little traction. It also could be that I havent played a GT game in quite a few months now and I'm just having trouble getting used to it again.
 
Picked up my copy at lunch today from Game Crazy.
Brought it home just to watch the intro vid in full 36" HD glory.
In arcade mode picked a yellow M3 and tried the Nurb.............




HOLY CRAP..... :bowdown:



I may not go to bed tonight.
 
Just called EB. " Come on in and get it." Oh God, I need a ride NOW!

Edit: I have a 2003 1/2 PS2. Will the game work?
 
Got my copy. WOOHOO! Just hope none of the technical issues hit me.

Just got back from a THREE HOUR round trip to get the game. Now that's dedication:)
 
3 hour round trip?! Your nuts......Not that I would not do it, provided vehicle...
 
I have it also! I will post my pics later right now I am off to play the game! :D
 
Jetboys427
3 hour round trip?! Your nuts......Not that I would not do it, provided vehicle...

Actually it was closer to 2.5 hours. Still, long trip. It basically goes

Bus->Train->Bus->Mall->Bus->Train->Bus->Home

Do I win a prize for being the most dedicated buyer?:) LOL!
 
I finally got it (about 2 hours ago) 11:15ish PST

Did all of sunday cup and now im workin on licenses. I love my RX-7 (85' lol)
 
And what the hell, here's a picture of my copy. The picture was taken by my 3 year old son who is as excited as his daddy:)
 

Attachments

  • PRECIOUS.jpg
    PRECIOUS.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 28
Just received my yesterday at around 3pm. This game is just insane. Love everything they've added and KEPT 👍 including my beloved 2player garage battle. Oh the good times i will have whipping on my buddies. Oh by the way, new to the board. GREAT SITE.
 
Bonedwarf
And what the hell, here's a picture of my copy. The picture was taken by my 3 year old son who is as excited as his daddy:)

wow thats a good shot for a 3yr old .......I see a GT4 photomode master in the making
 
Drift-Kid
wow thats a good shot for a 3yr old .......I see a GT4 photomode master in the making

You know the sad part? I then took a picture of him holding the game, and it's bloody awful:) LOL!

Will let him loose in photomode, see what happens:)
 
Bonedwarf
Some of us are still waiting to buy it:(

I seriously doubt anyone will be forced to wait until June to play it like I will :( :( :(
 
This isn't big news, but I picked up my copy of GT4 at Best Buy this morning. Funny thing is, I went to Customer Service and proudly presented my pre-pay card and receipt and asked for the game. The clerk said, "You can go grab one off the shelf?" I was a little startled and asked, "Um, I thought the point to prepaying was that you'd be holding a copy aside for me?" Anyways, I left the store with a copy of GT4, but feel the whole prepay stuff is BS.
 
That's why I don't pre-order GT4... I pre-ordered San Andreas and I didn't have it the day it dropped, YET I saw it in stores that same day and could have picked one up right away if I didn't pre-order it already.
 
linoleum
This isn't big news, but I picked up my copy of GT4 at Best Buy this morning. Funny thing is, I went to Customer Service and proudly presented my pre-pay card and receipt and asked for the game. The clerk said, "You can go grab one off the shelf?" I was a little startled and asked, "Um, I thought the point to prepaying was that you'd be holding a copy aside for me?" Anyways, I left the store with a copy of GT4, but feel the whole prepay stuff is BS.

It works with smaller stores like EB or GameStop... With GTA SA and GT4, they only had prepaid copies ready for sale because the number was too big... I went to get my copy and the first thing they ask is "Did you prepay?" Well luckly learning from my last mistake with GTA I did so I got my copy the day it came out~
 
I'm waiting till spring break before I get it (against my will) because of the slack @ss postal service. It would be quicker to wait until spring break than send it through the mail.
 
Dimension
this is so unfair you americans celebrate while us europeans have to keep waiting whe is the pal release date tks in advance

I hear Jealous European Speaking...just wait...and listen/salivate to us speaking about it and yours will come in no time *snickers*...well anyways...yes...you guys will probably get a lot of extras
 
man my mom was suppoe to pick up my copy today..............but she didnt so no i only get one day to play it cause FRi i gotta go to Fl and i wont have my PS2............life sucks
 
my life is worst, I first try pick up my game on the first day it came out and they didnt have it and so the next day I went to pick it up and I was so happy that i got it, and when i opened it up the gamedisc was missing so now i have to go back to the same store to try to get GT4. Hopefully they will give me the game. Damn this sucks. I think my life sucks more than yours drift-kid.
 
I finally got mine, and I almost didn't. The store manager, "Mark" at the Montclair Game Stop needs to be slaped. And severely. He stated twice to me over the phone that the store opens at 10:00AM. But he didn't get there until 10:30AM. He said he would sell the game to anybody on Wednesday, but he didn't. He wasn't going to sell to people without a reservation until 4:00PM. But, so many people were there waiting for the game, he gave in. He had to, after waiting a half hour for him, and after showing up after he told us he would sell the game to us, he just had to. Things could have gotten ugly for him if he didn't.

Anyway, I got the game, so all's well that ends well.
 
Back