I have to laugh otherwise I would cry!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RODDUZ
  • 38 comments
  • 2,802 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
318
Messages
RODDUZ
My Bob in B-Spec just drove down the pit lane!!!! What an absolute joke this guy is. B-Spec is one BIG FAIL!!!!!!!!!

Shocking!
 
Last edited:
Mind your language, the AUP...
 
My Bob in B-Spec just drove down the ****ing pit lane. What an absolute prick this guy is. B-Spec is one BIG FAIL!!!!!!!!!

****ing shocking!

Here's an idea. Don't play it if you think it is a "fail." I honestly don't understand these people that talk about how much B-Spec sucks, but they have a higher B-Spec level than A-Spec.

Not talking about you personally.
 
B-Spec guy has never done it. I've trained & coached him far better than that.

I've done it myself though. Lost control right at the entrance to pit lane and crossed the threshold where it goes on autopilot.
 
Well I want to play it to complete the game at some point. Some AI car spun in front of him. Bob goes round him and instead of turning back on track when he had about 100yds to do so he proceeded straight down the pit lane. Embarrassing how rubbish B-Spec is. 6 years of thought???/
 
Here's an idea. Don't play it if you think it is a "fail." I honestly don't understand these people that talk about how much B-Spec sucks, but they have a higher B-Spec level than A-Spec.

Not talking about you personally.
Think about it ... there could be a hint hidden in that fact which says something about the quality and desirability of playing the A-Spec mode.
 
There should be a seperate forum for all the BS B-Spec complaints. Like. A B-Spec hater kennel where they breed and foam at the mouth in peace.
 
I've had little complaint about B-Spec. Other than, you know, it being sorta boring & pointless.

I put Bob in a competitive car, coach him well, and he wins me money & nice cars. And now that I'm at the point where I don't even need to coach him, we wins me money and cars while I'm asleep or out of the house or working.

If Bob can't win when put in a competitive car, it's due to his coaching, not to his lack of ability.
 
I don't see the point of complaining about B-Spec. Who cares what Bob is doing, all you have to do press a few buttons and the game is playing itself for you while you do something else. So, quit complaining.
 
How do you coach somebody mid corner, not to accelerate in to a wall? How do you coach Bob not to brake down to 30mph before a bend and then accelerate off the track, understeering for a good 3 seconds and he still don't get off the accelerator? How do you coach him not to go roudn someone and instead of getting back on the track, just drive straight down the pit lane? And then sometimes you stick him in an Enzo and he;'s fine with it. How can he drive an Enzo and then he's crap in a Type R???? The game is flawed! Simple! No thought has gone in to how you coach him ffs!
 
Never had a problem with B-spec. My drivers have won every single race that I entered them in (130+ races now).

My only problem with B-spec is I wish that it just didn't exist at all to begin with. I'd rather have more A-spec events. I only do B-spec to get the prize cars and the credits.
 
I've seen alot more stupid threads than this get closed. Will a mod please take care of this one? Thankyou.
 
I honestly don't understand these people that talk about how much B-Spec sucks, but they have a higher B-Spec level than A-Spec.

Not talking about you personally.


I have a 38 A-spec, 40 B-spec and I also think B-spec sucks a lot.

From the very limited input you can give to your pilots to the fact that you just have to put your Bob in a X1 for 24h while doing something else, yeah, I truly think B-spec is a big joke.
It's much more of a forced replay with almost no interaction than a real mode.

Anyway, back to the point :
B spec : 35 to 40 : 11 times 24h with no input from the player, player afk.
A spec : 35 to 40 : 5 times 24h without saving, hence it's way more understandable to see people with higher Bspec level than Aspec.
 
Edited for all the kids that find this language offensive :-)
 
My Bob in B-Spec just drove down the ****ing pit lane. What an absolute prick this guy is. B-Spec is one BIG FAIL!!!!!!!!!

****ing shocking!
I've driven down the pit lane by mistake when I've taken a corner badly or lost control, especially in a high-powered car. I've also (accidentally) punted other cars into the pit lane. It happens.

From an AI point of view I'm very impressed this also happens in B-Spec. This is a sign of good AI, not bad AI, as it mirrors what happens in A-Spec occasionally. B-Spec drivers aren't meant to be perfect drivers who never make mistakes. Stick them in an over-powered car, keep telling them to go faster and watch their stress increase and the frequency of their mistakes multiply. Just because you beat a chess computer doesn't mean it's a FAIL.

Programming a perfect driver would be simple, but what would the point of that be? It's like computer chess - when you buy a chess computer it ain't designed to thrash you, it is programmed to make mistakes so it is realistic. Flaws are what make good AI, not perfection.

B-Spec ain't a fail just because your driver doesn't win every time. That is more a reflection of you. (And I'm not even a great B-Spec fan).
 
Edited for all the kids that find this language offensive :-)

It has nothing to do with "kids" finding the language offensive. Yoou agreed to abide by the AUP when you signed up. I don't feel the need to cuss when I'm in the company of my buddies, and I don't feel the need to post it on a forum filled with people I don't know.





I have a 38 A-spec, 40 B-spec and I also think B-spec sucks a lot.

From the very limited input you can give to your pilots to the fact that you just have to put your Bob in a X1 for 24h while doing something else, yeah, I truly think B-spec is a big joke.
It's much more of a forced replay with almost no interaction than a real mode.

Anyway, back to the point :
B spec : 35 to 40 : 11 times 24h with no input from the player, player afk.
A spec : 35 to 40 : 5 times 24h without saving, hence it's way more understandable to see people with higher Bspec level than Aspec.

I don't understand why you spent your time to play B-Spec that long if you didn't enjoy it. It takes a while to be able to get to endurance races, so you can't just leave Bob alone and he magically gets to level 40. It's like saying you hate Call of Duty, but have prestiged 10 times in every game.
 
Good AI? Haha, some people see the good in anything. This wasn't unavoidable! He had loads of time to NOT go down the pit lane!

The AI is absolutely garbage. It's the same as any other GT. They don't even try to win races! They pull out in front of you and stuff. It's a disgrace!
 
I don't understand why you spent your time to play B-Spec that long if you didn't enjoy it. It takes a while to be able to get to endurance races, so you can't just leave Bob alone and he magically gets to level 40. It's like saying you hate Call of Duty, but have prestiged 10 times in every game.

Ever heard of platinum trophy ?
 
Ever heard of platinum trophy ?

Yes Sir. I don't see the point in playing a game I don't like to get a worthless trophy either. I play games for fun, which I guess would explain my low trophy count.
 
I strongly agree with the OP. The AI in GT5, and more noticeably in B-Spec because we suffer it first-hand, is so woeful it beggars belief.
 
I strongly agree with the OP. The AI in GT5, and more noticeably in B-Spec because we suffer it first-hand, is so woeful it beggars belief.

I've actually been pretty impressed with the A.I. in GT5, on certain occasions.

In the 4hr Roadster endurance racer I used an underpowered car and was impressed with the A.I. They would block sometimes, and on the straights if I was coming up behind them they would pull to the side, let me pass, then get back over. It impressed me, especially after hearing all the ad things about the A.I. I was never hit in a corner, or spun out by the A.I. either.

The only complaint I have is they aren't competitive enough.
 
And come on... that's a pretyt BIG complaint. They aren't competitive at all!
 
And come on... that's a pretyt BIG complaint. They aren't competitive at all!

True, but have you ever played Ferrari or Supercar Challenge? The A.I in that game is 10 times worse than GT5. Even NFS Shift has A.I. that is way to aggressive.

Forza and GT5 both have problems with A.I being too slow, in my opinion. But at least (most of the time) they drive with some sort of awareness, whereas other games will have the A.I. smash into you every chance they get. At least in GT5 and Forza we can use an underpowered car and have a fun race.


But I do hope, either in a patch for GT5, or in GT6 we have competent A.I. I've always felt the A.I. in the GTR series for PC has had good A.I.
 
My Bob once got knocked into the pitlane by the AI on the last turn of the last lap of a race...Needless to say, he went from first to last place a few seconds later.
 
Mine is doing some outrageous drifting at the moment. I don't know whether he is trying to do it or not! Probably not!
 
No problems with b spec. Just gotta keep grinding and train the bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back