I have to laugh otherwise I would cry!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RODDUZ
  • 38 comments
  • 2,802 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah ive had my b-spec guy accidentally fly into the pit lane and lose the race because of it
 
This brings a whole meaning to the word grinding though! Watching this ****e! Can't wait til he's on endrance events and I can do it when I leave for work in the morning!
 
BOB pitting, you still have chance to catch up. BOB getting lost on the top gear test track jumping from 1st to last meaning a full lap behind.
 
So if your driver never made a mistake and won every race you'd think the AI was brilliant?
 
the ai too slow.....this is done so the casual players that dont have wheels etc, can do well in the game, as for the ai blocking, when you charge underbrakes a lot later than them of course theyre going to block, if youre alongside them they give you roomive had some really good battles with the ai in similar performing cars
 
I've actually been pretty impressed with the A.I. in GT5, on certain occasions.

In the 4hr Roadster endurance racer I used an underpowered car and was impressed with the A.I. They would block sometimes, and on the straights if I was coming up behind them they would pull to the side, let me pass, then get back over. It impressed me, especially after hearing all the ad things about the A.I. I was never hit in a corner, or spun out by the A.I. either.

The only complaint I have is they aren't competitive enough.

So you're happy that they drive around the track the right direction, but your only complaint is that they aren't competitive enough? Indeed. The aren't competitive in the slightest...

The AI in GT5 couldn't EVER win a race in a car that is equal in power to ours, yet much lesser games manage this very thing. Take "Race Driver: GRID" for example; I remember the first time I played it. It came to a race on Le Mans, I was up against a few cars in the same class as mine and due to my experience in GT I expected to blast away from my opponents over the course of the race (8 laps, iirc) but they were right up my butt for the entirety of the race, I was actually excited! I lost the race by about 0.5 seconds because I made ONE mistake. It was like this in virtually every race I entered.

If Codemasters can make competitive AI, why can't a company as reputable as PD?
 
Man B-spec sounds like a lot of fun... Why release a patch to improve AI when we can have B-spec Anywhere instead? 👎
 
Yay! Another B-Spec blows thread! And one with a wonderfully sweary start, to boot!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back