I hope the UK version of GT4 has MPH on the

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 52 comments
  • 2,518 views
Messages
16,737
England
Southampton, UK
Messages
Pebb--
Messages
Pebb
I hope the UK version of GT4 has MPH on the speed o meter.
 
this is retarded, its in the options idiot. I wonder if you can adjust the sound in the NTSC version, anyone have any screen shots?
 
Nemo
this is retarded, its in the options idiot. I wonder if you can adjust the sound in the NTSC version, anyone have any screen shots?
Are you sure? GT3´s US version has only MPH, no KPH option. And I would like GT4 US version to have KPH also.
 
Most racing games have the option of changing between MPH and KPH. True, I haven't seen it on a GT game before (more like I can't remember, it's been a while since I've played), but the option usually exists. Maybe it gets fixed in translation - the people that tweak the game for a local release (usually local Sony and/or PD) set it so that the default is the local system. It wouldn't bee too difficylt, the only countries I know that use it are the UK and USA (and possibly France, but I doubt it).
 
Well, while we're on it..
.. I hope GT4 has more than just just views available :(
 
This came up before, I think.. seems an oversight of some sort on PD's behalf. They make the NTSC version MPH and the PAL version KPH, even though there are NTSC countries that use KPH (Canada, I believe, and of course Japan), and PAL countries that use MPH (UK, as I recall), but they get lumped in with the rest of their continent without the option to change it based on their locale. I would think it's a fairly simple fix, odd that the option isn't there to change it.
 
The only problem I have with the metric system is I've been using the english system all my life.
 
I'm in a km/h country, my GT games have always been PAL and km/h. However I would like to have the option of either MPH or km/h...

It's just that there is something magical about 200mph, 322km/h just doesn't give me the same emotion...
 
hellnback
It's just that there is something magical about 200mph, 322km/h just doesn't give me the same emotion...

same here. I blame society.
 
FatAssBR
Are you sure? GT3´s US version has only MPH, no KPH option. And I would like GT4 US version to have KPH also.

i got the US version, im able to convert mine from mph>kmh and vice versa
its in the options menu
 
Do you know that in Ireland they judge speed by MPH however all the road markings and signs are in Kilometers... That's what joining the EU will do to you!!!

I want MPH in my game... All the GT's have had KPH for PAL region and that means us Brits get ignored.

C.
 
Jedi2016
They make the NTSC version MPH and the PAL version KPH, even though there are NTSC countries that use KPH (Canada, I believe, and of course Japan)

The NTSC/J version is in KMs.

I was about to sink the boot into the UK boys for whingeing about the KM/MPH issue when I realised that I despise converting kilowatts to horse power. You have my sympathy.
Import an american copy…MPH and 60 hertz.
 
Good point Samberto, it should have both KW & HP also, maybe separated by a /

Afterall some relate to KW, while others associate with HP.
 
yeti
Do you know that in Ireland they judge speed by MPH however all the road markings and signs are in Kilometers... That's what joining the EU will do to you!!!

I want MPH in my game... All the GT's have had KPH for PAL region and that means us Brits get ignored.

C.

Sorry yeti, get your facts straight first! :p

In Ireland, most of our signs are now in KM but our speed limit signs are still in MPH.

This will change next year and as a result, our motorways will be 5MPH quicker :)
 
sumbodycool
i got the US version, im able to convert mine from mph>kmh and vice versa
its in the options menu
I highly doubt that. We use US Playtation2 here in Brazil, and the major complaint about GT3 here is there´s no KPH option in the US version, since that´s what we use here. There´s people here who prefer to buy the Japanese GT3 just because is in KPH. There is no KPH option in the US GT3, I don´t know why are you saying there is.
 
there isnt, although puttin the kph/mph option on all versions of gt4 would mean you please all the people all the time.. its not a big ask is it?
 
Oh for pities' sakes...

NTSC = mph
PAL = km/h (note that "kmh" and "kph" are not actual official measurements)

There is no way currently to switch from one system of measurement to the other within the game. Anyone who says it appears in the Options menu is talking out of their sitting organ - or just making stuff up to appear superior. I agree that I would like the option in the future, but it has not yet appeared in GT1, GT2, GT3, GTC2001, GTC2002 or GT4P. You can use the alternate measurements but it requires an Xport, a gamesave from another region and a Hex Editor.

It is true to say that some countries served by the NTSC television standard prefer to use kilometres and km/h, but get stuck with miles and mph (Canada is a case in point). It is also true to say that some countries served by the PAL television standard prefer to use miles and mph but get stuck with kilometres and km/h (the UK, for example). A switching option would be handy. Does anyone who actually cares about drag racing prefer the 0-400m test over an actual 1/4 mile? Would you rather have kW and Nm or hp and lbft?

And finally "English system"? Guess what? Whatever system of measurement you use - Imperial, US Imperial (although less so - it's derived from Imperial but the official measurements are kept in the US) or metric - it's French. Yes, French.
 
Famine
Does anyone who actually cares about drag racing prefer the 0-400m test over an actual 1/4 mile?
Oh cmon, just imagine Vin Diesel saying "I live my life 0-400 meters at a time". Now that´s bad ass right there. :lol:
 
deffo hope there is mph for the uk version , i dont understand kmh at all :guilty:
 
I don't understand mp/h just like you with km/h.
It would be great to change it from km/h to mp/h for fun :]
Let's hope PD will include/add that extra little thing ;)
 
It's simple guys to convert MPH to KPH, divide by 5 and multiply by 8.

And vice versa :indiff:
 
dcr22B
It's simple guys to convert MPH to KPH, divide by 5 and multiply by 8.

And vice versa :indiff:

oh yeah, I do that all the time while doing hot laps.
 
But it is annoying .
They must add that we can change km/p to mp/h :mad: ;)
 
It's simple guys to convert MPH to KPH, divide by 5 and multiply by 8.

And vice versa

Do you think I'm just going to pause the game, pull out my (Scientific TEXET E=mc2 :D) calculator and work out a basic sum just because of a nagging interest. I think not.
 
Back