I hope the UK version of GT4 has MPH on the

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 52 comments
  • 2,518 views
I played an imported version of GT3 at my friend's... We normally use KPH and it had MPH. I felt like I was only going half as fast :/..... Untill I nearly crashed into the wall, but GT3's fail safe braking system kept me from doing that :D
 
Well, that works the other way for folks used to MPH.. if I were to switch to KPH, the car would appear to be going much slower based on what my eyes are telling me is on the speedometer.. if I see "200", I expect to be hauling ass, because I'm used to that being 200mph. But at 200kph, I'm actually going a lot slower.

It boils down to preference, really... While I'll continue to use MPH (simply because that's what we use here in the US), I do think it's a good idea to have the option to change it.. like Famine said, because otherwise people (like Canada and the UK) get stuck with a system they're not accustomed to.
 
it deserves more attention than the bloody reverse lights do
 
Yip, down with the reverse light petition!!!

Up with the newly formed option to change from km/h to mph (or vice versa).
 
hellnback
Yip, down with the reverse light petition!!!

Up with the newly formed option to change from km/h to mph (or vice versa).

I say keep em both. The more the merrier.
 
I hope you can choose MPH or KMH yourself.... I live in canada and I have to live with freaking MPH because United States is in MPH... :yuck:
 
So.
For the ones that own US GT4. Can you change measurement units for Km/h?
 
JBR-Man
So.
For the ones that own US GT4. Can you change measurement units for Km/h?

I think its in the same in the english version. That is if i intureted Amar212s report correctly
 
Stune
I think its in the same in the english version. That is if i intureted Amar212s report correctly

So you read it too then? :)

Guys, go and read amar212's report on GT4. IIRC he says we can select MPH!

EDIT:

quote from amar212's PAL post
You're going to love this: game offers settings of all mesaurements by your preferencies:

- for units you can choose km/h or mp/h,
- for power you can choose between BHP, PS, HP, CH, KW, CW of PF (that's what I call a choice), and
- for torque you can choose between kgf.m, Ft.lb or classical Nm.
 
That was about PAL release, right?

Nothing about US NTSC. That's why i asked here.
 
Actually, you can change quite a few measurements in GT4...off the top of my head I recall user configurable options for:

- speed (MPH and km/h)
- power (ps, hp, bhp, etc.)(including several units I didn't know existed)
- torque (lb-ft, nM, etc.)

EDIT: FYI...I am referring to firsthand experience with the US NTSC version here, so YMMV on the other versions.
 
JBR-Man
That was about PAL release, right?

Nothing about US NTSC. That's why i asked here.

The line "quote from amar212's PAL post" kind of gave it away.

The original poster of this thread, TVR&Ferrari_Fan, asked if MPH was available for the PAL version. Hence my reply. :)
 
KPH is much better to me, because Croatia has the metric system as standard
 
tpijanec
KPH is much better to me, because Croatia has the metric system as standard

In england we generally use metric here but for some reason we still use MPH as our main speed. They are ussually the big numbers on the speedos while the KPH is usually in small writing. In past GT games they just gave us KPH and few of us liked that. As a hardcore gaer and a fan of the siries i found out what KPH was exactly in relation to MPH and now i understand it and am using to it. Its really nice to have the opition now becouse although i will probally prefer MPH, KPH might be nice to rememeber the classic GT moments by.
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 for giving us the choice
 
tpijanec
KPH is much better to me, because Croatia has the metric system as standard

Better for all "metric countries"

aaa... How we spell "metric system" in Croatian???
 
Back