I Just Can't Drift In GT4

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by twinturboengine, Dec 11, 2005.

1. matt_mph

matt_mph

i learnt in the AE86. Just put the LSD on it and the drift. when you can keep that bad boy sideways you know your good

2. EC

EC

i think practice is the way to learn to drift. i had just started to try to drifting, at first i kepted locking up and spinning off but then i noticed it was the way i was catching the rear, i let the drift slide naturally and then slowly controlling it.

3. gorath23

gorath23

I must admit I use a completely different setup to all you guys, I use R5's at the front and R4's at the rear and tune up to around 320bhp (Silvia s14). Very stiff suspension and camber all round. Just then go and practise if you find you have to much understeer then soften the front/stiffen rear and vice versa. Oh and the D1 drifters use very very grippy tyres not normal road tyres :tup:

4. fe

fe

For me the best car to drift is Mazda MX5 try in time trial, disable driving aids and start slow to win confidance... speed up each lap and left off gas before turns, you must have attencion when car is stopping slide from rear to stop turn the wrong side, sometime only may stop steering to control car!
    GT4: 98.6%

5. Delphic Reason

Delphic Reason Staff Emeritus

The D1 drifters also have around 500hp on average... They use grippier tires, so to speak, not because of their "grippiness", but because of the more predictable traction changes...

;)

6. N35QU1K

N35QU1K

Ok, go to Ghymnaka or whatever that big open area track is in the "Driving Park" section. Just drive your car, and get a feel for how it reacts to the things you do. Frist start with clockwise to get your right turns down, and then vice versa. Just get a feel for you car to see what happens when you try to feint, snap, the g-spot countersteer (hahaha), brake while sliding, etc. At a big open track, you dont have to worry about havign to follow the path of a corner when you aren't ready yet, so it takes that much stress off of you. That's how I taught my bro, who's like 12, to drift the s14: just told him to relax and see how the car reacts to what you do. Another thing you need is patience. I learned how to drift the AE86 (with like 243 HP) over like the course of 6 months with lots and lots of frustration, it's not exacltly best car to learn in, but, hey, I got it to sliiide, and I've got a video out here somehwere... So yeah, calm down, dont get impatient and just, you know, have fun. So yeah, good luck with that.

7. MugenVTEC

MugenVTEC

8. jankydrifter

jankydrifter

ok.... well....... u need to like learn to drift in real life or something becuz the game is realistic...... aiight?.... soo the car i recommend u to drift which already has drift settings is the nakamakan car.... (blitz or something.... its the special one that costs like 200,000 ok? just try sliding dont gas it.... when u get the hang of sliding..... make ur car slide and then start tapping the gas and countersteer... ok? thats all i can tell u rite now... if u wanna know more message me

9. jankydrifter

jankydrifter

oh yea.... when u counter steer dont counter steer all the way just a lil like in the mid betweeen nothing and full counter ... dont full it will make u spin if ur not good at it yet.. when u get better... start drifting the HKS silvia s15... harder but i garuntee u if u master that u will be good drifter

10. evul9

evul9

yes definitely worked with me (well :) not exactly still working on drifting (i started a week ago)

11. nk4e

nk4e

I recommend that you read the AUP also. The special Drift Cars ( Blitz ER34 Skyline, HKS Genki Silvia, and Falken RX7( I believe)) isn't always a good way. Stock cars with N2 or N3 tires would be a way to go but drifting is to make your own style.

12. Lucas

Lucas

Seeing as how his post is three years old, and he never got past new member, and last login April 6 of 2006... I would say that the advice would be kind of pointless. But it's never a bad thing to remind members of the AUP.

13. nk4e

nk4e

It was probably a force of habit (^-^)"