I Just Got Vice City (Any major Tips i should know)

• Thread starter X5.
  • 50 comments

X5.

England
Surrey
M3Turb0
Yesterday i Got, GTA Vice City, Toca Race Driver, GT Concept and Auto Modellista, and i would just like to know any hints etc anyone could offer me in the game, Thx.

ive just finished the first mission to do with the boat and the gal, i got a lousy 100credits . And i am just cruising around now to find out more about the city, oh yeah, and wheres the garage, cos i had to Park my Infernus outside the hotel and im afraid its gonna get jacked.

Ok, if you want any SPECIFIC help, just say so. If you want a guide of some sort go to:
www.gamefaqs.com

And go to the Vice City section.

You have to buy a place first. Refer to VZ and my posts for the website.

EDIT:
\/ Thanks :)

GTA Vice City - DO NOT use the save at Cherry Poppers (the ice cream business). There's a bug that could corrupt your game there.

Also, don't put any cars you want to keep in the garages at the Hyman Condo at Downtown - they can disappear when you use the helicopter there.

• Don't save at Cherry Poppers.
  • Don't save on a motorbike - it may corrupt your game.
  • Don't put any special cars in the big 4 car garage at Hyman Condo. It has a tendency to make your cars disappear.
  • Don't cheat if you're serious about getting 100%.
  • If you do use cheats, don't spawn any vehicles. Your criminal rating will go down by heaps.
  • Try to get as many hidden packages as possible at the start of the game. The weapons will come in handy.
  • When doing Unique Jumps and such, do them all at once to save confusion.
  • If you don't want to do them all at once, you can just print out a list and cross each jump/package/rampage as you do it. www.gamefaqs.com should have what you need.
  • Do the Taxi missions to get to know your way around Vice City - plus earn some cash.
  • Completing Paramedic give you Infinite Run which comes in handy.
  • Completing Pizzaboy will give you 150 health which will also come in handy.
  • Doing Vigilante in the Hunter (Army Helicopter) is much easier and is an easy way to make some cash. Completing Level 12 in Vigilante also boosts your armour to 150.
  • Don't do the Cuban and Haitian missions until later in game. Once you do these missions, the Haitans will hate you and it will be much harder to do Paramedic and Pizzaboy on Haitian turf.

Yeah everyone is very helpful here, so if you need anything just ask...... and you really should get all the packages as soon as you can, the rewards you get come in very handy :D

Tips:
Kill as many people as possible.:lol:
Once you get the Apache, go dodo hunting.
Play Desert Storm w/ VCPD officers.
Pick up lots of hookers.:D

best way to beat vice city is...

wait, you have GT Concept? buy me a copy, please! i live in the US, so it's not 4 sale here. i'll give you my good vice city save, and money!

Eddy pretty much summed up all the tips'n'tricks that you need to know. :)

Well thx a lot evrybody, youve been extremely helpful, i reckon if u guys didnt give that info i wouldve messed/screwed up my file with bugs and stuff, cheers ;)

Across the road from the Biker place, it's around the corner from it. Go up the stairs.

There are 2 save points on the second island. There is the Skumole Shack (follow DtV's instructions) or the Hyman Condo. Find the bridge leading from Prawn Island to Downtown. Head across the bridge to the Downtown area and keep driving straight until you come to some barricades. Drive through the barricades to find the massive condo.

Aight, im trying to find those places now, but i dunno whether its the second island im on or the second part to the city (Place with ciao Cubans)(And that tank mission which is friggin heavily guarded)

In response to IntegraGS -R Toca Race driver is an excellent game its just so different, try it out man.

Originally posted by BMW X5 SPORTS
Aight, im trying to find those places now, but i dunno whether its the second island im on or the second part to the city (Place with ciao Cubans)(And that tank mission which is friggin heavily guarded)
There are Cubans and your doing the 'Sir Yes Sir' mission - you are up to the second island. The 2 places your looking for are north in the Downtown district.

If you can't get past the Sir Yes Sir mission, this is my strategy. Park a car in front of the tank. In front of the tank, not the troop carrier - the tank. One of the people driving the tank will get out. Now you can just walk up to the tank and steal it. :)

Or, you can just wait until the tank reaches the donut store. The driver of the tank will get out of the tank and go into the donut store. You can figure the rest out...

Oh no i ve already done that mission, what i meant was i am on the island where i did that mission. (But the way in which i accomplished that mission was 2 : i stole a cheetah and drove ova the 3 men on one side naturally they retaliated so my ride was in quite a state i then drove to the Auto nearby came back for the second round and squished 5 more this time then again i went to the Auto on the other side, i then made the other vehicles in the convoy follow me and they got stuck at places, so i went back and stood quite a distance from the tank i sniped the rest of the people there out and went for the ultimate Goal, but your way Eddy was much Simpler, i should have thought of a more easier approach :)

Originally posted by BMW X5 SPORTS
In response to IntegraGS -R Toca Race driver is an excellent game its just so different, try it out man.

really? maybe i'll have to rent it.. i probably wont buy another racing game until gt4 though, unless i REALLY like it

Originally posted by Eddy
If you can't get past the Sir Yes Sir mission, this is my strategy. Park a car in front of the tank. In front of the tank, not the troop carrier - the tank. One of the people driving the tank will get out. Now you can just walk up to the tank and steal it.

that was one of the tips on last months opm demo dvd :)

How many pizza missions are there in VC, cos ive completed one and got 150max health, but i also heard there was a second pizza delivery mission, so if u complete that one what do u get if u have already got the 150 max health.
cheers,

No, there isn't a second pizza delivery mission, to get 200 health you have to get 100% completion.

there are two pizza places. one in little haiti (i think, maybe little havana? anyway its somewhere around there) and the one downtown.. you can complete either of them to get credit, but doing both gives nothing extra, except money :) i think you get like $3 per pizza or something

Originally posted by IntegraGS-R
there are two pizza places. one in little haiti (i think, maybe little havana? anyway its somewhere around there) and the one downtown.. you can complete either of them to get credit, but doing both gives nothing extra, except money :) i think you get like $3 per pizza or something

Don't forget the third one (probably the first, strictly speaking, since you can get there right at the start of the game) near the bridge to Leaf Links on the east island.

Back