I just traded in my PS3 + GT5 for an XBOX360 + Forza 3.

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 228 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forza 3 is like pop music, no soul, crap & people still argue on its behalf. If you notice most Forza 3 owners are looking forward to Shift 2 & other 2nd rate driving game's.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but...

In GT5, I'm almost certain you can perform a full weight reduction (3 stages) on a car with rear seats, but when you are driving the car and look behind (from cockpit view) you can still see the seats.

In forza 3, you see parts of the car actually being removed when performing weight reductions (like the back seats, front passenger seats etc).

Nope you are 100% correct, I really think of GT5 cars as a calculation experiment when driving them. Most mods have no visual effect on the car and standards multiply this calculation experiment by ten fold to me, it seems I have no connection with the cars at all. Every car in my Forza garage have something that make them uniquely my car, rather it be a hatch back with a huge motor and no one other change just because I thought it would be a hoot to drive to my Moesler that has a tuning package downloaded from the market place for race track precision.

Forza 3 is like pop music, no soul, crap & people still argue on its behalf. If you notice most Forza 3 owners are looking forward to Shift 2 & other 2nd rate driving game's.

Actually I notice GT5 fanboys post nonsense like this and seem to think GT5 is the end all be all with no obvious flaws. Its ok, one day you will open your mind.

No grip differences between drastically different models on similar tires, so there is a chance the game doesn't even model weight with regards to tire friction and therefore mechanical grip... Which leads to serious questions about just how accurate the game can be.
Couldn't agree more!!!
I've said it before, the fact that I can bring up the telemetry while driving in Forza clearly shows they have little to hide. Simple stuff like watching the tire temperature in real-time is amazing. I actually drive with the tire friction screen up while trying to tame a new car. I can see exactly when I am about to lose grip, which helps me to understand what I am doing wrong in said car.

If you've ever noticed, real car lovers look forward to almost any game with cars in it. I love simulations the most, but my ego isn't going to stop me from playing an arcade racer if I consider it to be FUN. For example, GRID; sure, the physics were piss, but the game was incredibly fun and that was all that mattered.

Actually I notice GT5 fanboys post nonsense like this and seem to think GT5 is the end all be all with no obvious flaws. Its ok, one day you will open your mind.

I had my xpox 360 before my PS3, i have played Forza 2 & 3 alot, Forza 2 was excellent for online racing, but 3 was a huge disappointment. It has been made for the masses & in doing so forgot the fans, which is why they are releasing Forza 4 so soon.

I had my xpox 360 before my PS3, i have played Forza 2 & 3 alot, Forza 2 was excellent for online racing, but 3 was a huge disappointment. It has been made for the masses & in doing so forgot the fans, which is why they are releasing Forza 4 so soon.

So soon.... Try harder man, the games are pretty much on a 2 year schedule 3 was delayed a bit.

Forza Motorsport 3 released on Oct. 27, 2009
Forza Motorsport 2 released on May 29, 2007
Forza Motorsport released on May 3, 2005

If FM3 forgot the fans.....what did GT5 do to the fans?

in doing so forgot the fans, which is why they are releasing Forza 4 so soon.

Forza - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009
Forza 4 - 2011

Seems to be right on schedule if you ask me.

Could you post any more of your BS nonsense?

EDIT: Was beaten to it!

The hypocrisy and sheer ridiculousness I'm seeing in this thread makes me laugh. I have a feeling I'm going to have a great time on this site. :lol:

Oh & i forgot in the world according to Forza the Audi S5 is one of the fastest cars ever, along with the Toyota Celica & VW Golf.

Sounds like you're a typical Need for Speed player. Wide body kits, huge spoilers, giant rims, ... isn't it?

Man, that doesn't have anything to do with good tuning.

No, I actually can't stand games like NFS. It's this reason:

Every car in my Forza garage have something that make them uniquely my car

There were a couple of very minor visual changes I could make to [some, but not all] cars in GT5, and even then; only the premium cars. So about 20% or so.
In Forza, I can make every single car my own, even the cars that are already purpose-built race cars can be re-designed by me. The possibilities in Forza 3 for customisation is infinite; whereas in GT5 it is very limited.

I'm artistically minded, and in that sense Forza 3 fits me better. But just because I like it better, doesn't mean everyone else should. I've also always been a GT fan (obsessed from the first game), and will buy GT6 when it is released.

That was probably my favourite thing in Forza 3 the livery editor was amazing, no other game has come close & quite a few have tried dismally.

Here's a few then...

And these are with out being altered and with all assists off.

SSC Ultimate Aero

Konigsegg CC8GT

Spada Codatronca

TVR Tuscan S

#2 Konrad Racing Saleen S7

Add every Camaro, Corvette and Mustang to that list as well.

Here's a few then...

And these are with out being altered and with all assists off.

SSC Ultimate Aero

Konigsegg CC8GT

Spada Codatronca

TVR Tuscan S

#2 Konrad Racing Saleen S7
Maybe i just pay too much attention to the leaderboards. All the leaderboard cars on forza are easy to drive without assists, even the A class Chevy Aveo with 900HP.
Also Forza 3 is a step down from Forza 2 in many ways, for example the online is worse, you can no longer download setups from the leaderboards and painting.

Maybe i just pay too much attention to the leaderboards. All the leaderboard cars on forza are easy to drive without assists, even the A class Chevy Aveo with 900HP.
Also Forza 3 is a step down from Forza 2 in many ways, for example the online is worse, you can no longer download setups from the leaderboards and painting.

All minor gripes, every racing game always has certain cars that will take over a leaderboard, in GT5 for example the...o wait. You can hit the market for tuning set ups, most cases the one with the most downloads tends to be pretty good.

Also why obsess over leaderboards anyway?

LOL GT PSP has more cars then that.

forza series is decent. turn 10 has done a good job trying to imitate Gran Turismo, but it's pretty obvious turn 10 lacks the passion for cars that PD has. That's why Gran Turismo games are and will always be so much better.

Also why obsess over leaderboards anyway?
It's because in my opinion the multiplayer is bad, so there is not much else to do if you're a racer. But on the other hand if your a painter or drifter forza is great.

It's because in my opinion the multiplayer is bad, so there is not much else to do if you're a racer. But on the other hand if your a painter or drifter forza is great.

Im not a painter or drifter and Forza is great also I dont like multiplayer in either game so the FM career wins there as well.

And also to add about multiplayer... any game can have great multiplayer sessions if you have like minded players in the room.

I understand and see your point. I do admit that GT5 is better graphically and 'simulation-wise' than Forza 3. But I completed Forza 3 (well, to about 98%) last year. Then I sold my XBOX and bought a PS3 in readiness for GT5. I was convinced, after all those years in development and hype, that GT5 would blow me away. But it was just a dull, same old same old game with all the problems of previous GTs. But because it was on PS3, and with all that development time, those problems were exacerbated.
Perhaps I'm guilty of building it up in my mind so it could only fail and let me down. But the list I made is not 'my opinion' of the game; it's facts. Gran Turismo 5 is a very poorly made game, it's as though the producers took their eye off the ball, spent so much time on a handful of gorgeously rendered vehicles that they missed out on their big chance to make a game that was truly amazing.

I could not agree more. I too did the exact same thing. I traded my 120 GBB PS3 Slim for a XBOX 360 Slim 250 GBB and a copy of Forza 3 Ultimate. I too felt the same way you did, and your point of building the game up to only be let down is what I feel....I did. I bought the hype, and based it on my previous GT expriences. I wanted so much to love GT5 that I overlooked the obvious draws which have been stated time and time again (car models, AI, etc...). Only once I got to a higher level did I realize the problems were not going away and would only get worse (endurance races, grinding, B Spec, etc...).

I traded and have not looked back. I have had both consoles before and never had both at the same time, and quite frankly I dont see that happening.

If Kaz spent more time on the game features that make it a enjoyable experience, then I wouldnt be here. Its all a matter of opinion really. Some people love it and I expect to garner no love on a GT forum. Forza 4 is around the bend, and given the exponential nature of its evolution....I am sure Turn 10 will not dissapoint me as Kaz and the crowd at Polyphony have.

I will save my money for Forza 4. No regrets.

LOL GT PSP has more cars then that.

forza series is decent. turn 10 has done a good job trying to imitate Gran Turismo, but it's pretty obvious turn 10 lacks the passion for cars that PD has. That's why Gran Turismo games are and will always be so much better.

Troll harder. So much passion they forgot to work on 80% of the cars.

....but they are all full-modeled for this console generation.

And at the very LEAST can be painted and have the wheels changed on every single one. Oh yea..and as pointed out earlier the physical mods have effects on car weight and etc.

The in-game economy works.
A much better selection of tracks.
More variety in the car list, including only a small number of Skylines and very few MX-5s.
An online mode that makes sense.
No B-Spec \o/

I wasn't just listing my own main gripes, I was listing the problems that have been discussed to death on the forums.

I listed above which I think is not facts. The B-Spec you mention is sort of in Forza due to hire a driver mode. I think the in-game economy is similar to GT5, if not a bit worse as DLC cars in Forza I believe you have still buy the cars with in-game money too. In GT5 I got the Stealth cars and Chrome line cars straight into my garage. The rest I think are your opinion on better selection of tracks and cars.

I see this thread has had a lot of response since last time I was on here. Anyway I always hear that Forza you can make the cars your own by painting them with custom desings but lets be honest how many people in real life do that with their real cars? I think it is the minority personally.

I can see only one big advantage of the livery editor for racing reasons and that is for people who race in their own teams.

430_Riviera, I see that you have a big dislike to GT5 or just a Forza fanboy with claims such as GT5 physics being light-years behind Forzas and also when talking about the feel of the road "Nah, it's not real, not even close. There are serious holes where things are simply ignored, cars will stick like baby sick to a blanket, and refuse to be upset by lumps in the track."

Either you are driving all cars on Racing Softs but all cars sticking to the track like glue is far from the case in my experience of playing the game.

Also can you try this out on Forza, turn off all assists, choose a stock sports car with about 300-500HP with no aids and fling the car left and right at high speed, say 70+ MPH and while doing that try and maintain control. You can also go on the grass while doing this. I think you might find even without traction control you will remain in control. I tried this with quite a few sports cars and only with LMP cars I could spin the car doing this technique of going left and right with TCS and other assists off. The reason why I think the LMP cars span is due to having enough HP to break traction enough to spin. This is the only game I played that claims to be a sim you can do this.

The only reason why I tested this out is to my suprise when I drove with assists off, I hardly ever lost complete control of the car for getting out of shape. In all other sims I played, they punish me quite a lot.

Last edited:
My god :eek: what a stupid thing to do. GT5 is simply the best racing game ever, the best simulation of real driving ever, and ps3 is the best powerfull console avaible on the market. With free online gaming / or easy CFW free games. And you trade it for crappy xbox and plastic forza 👎👎

Omg i'm going to put this guy on youtube

You shouldn't say that because clearly you did not try ALL simulators and so you don't know which is more realistic. That being said, I tried iRacing and I am still a member because it brought me something that GT5 didn't : the realism. Don't get me wrong, I'm a GT series fan since GT2 and I love all of them, but the game is not as realistic as PC sims, that cannot be dismissed. And now, what if he likes Forza more? It's his opinion and he has the right. After all maybe he likes more what Forza has to offer more than GT5!

I love it. Why are we even wasting our time trying to have a well constructed argument with GT fanboys who've either never played Forza or given up after 30 minutes because they don't understand how a car actually handles, when we can just post 'Lolz, Gt5 is awesome and PD have so much more passion than Turn 10 and Forza only has 500 premium cars, that's like only 300 more than GT5. Sure, they couldn't even be arsed to build a proper physics engine or fix the sound from the stone age PS1 games, that's hardly worth even mentioning lol cos look at the amount of GT4 models you can drive in it!!!111!!one lol.'

I wonder how long it will be before PD have released the same or more amount of data as patches as came on the original disc of fail.

Also can you try this out on Forza, turn off all assists, choose a stock sports car with about 300-500HP with no aids and fling the car left and right at high speed, say 70+ MPH and while doing that try and maintain control. You can also go on the grass while doing this. I think you might find even without traction control you will remain in control. I tried this with quite a few sports cars and only with LMP cars I could spin the car doing this technique of going left and right with TCS and other assists off.

I think maybe you have a skewed idea of how actual high perfromance cars handle. Road and track cone slalom results show that modern performance cars are able to attack a slalom at over 70mph without losing control. Seen as a cone slalom is essentially flinging a car left and right at high speed I'd say Forza is fairly accurate in that you can maintain control whilst doing that. Also worth noting that unless the car is aimed at extreme high performance or track it is fairly likely to be engineered to understeer rather than oversteer as stock, you seem to be expecting it to try and kill you but they wouldn't sell very many if they had a reputation for going backwards into a wall. On fire.

430_Riviera, I see that you have a big dislike to GT5 or just a Forza fanboy with claims such as GT5 physics being light-years behind Forzas and also when talking about the feel of the road

You are correct, I greatly disliked GT5. Maybe because I bought a PS3 specifically for it and was all geared up for it being great. Kind of like ordering a brand new sportscar only to have it show up with a picture of an engine under the bonnet, rather than an actual engine. I've still got it, but it just sits there, staring at me, saying 'I cost you the best part of £400 mate, and i'm not even any good' It has nothing to offer me over Forza, indeed it almost certainly brings less to the table. It sits in it's case next to a well played copy of Motorstorm and sulks.

Last edited:
lol I played forza 3... it's just another arcade racing game, not a driving simulator at all. Yeah it's fun to play street racer, but I prefer realism.

It's just not in the same league as GT5... it's more suited for competition with the Need for Speed series.

Might as well say "I traded NFS shift and my PS3 for Forza 3 and and Xbox," Only reason I'd get an xbox is for call of duty... it's an inferior machine when it comes to processing.

lol I played forza 3... it's just another arcade racing game, not a driving simulator at all. Yeah it's fun to play street racer, but I prefer realism.

It's just not in the same league as GT5... it's more suited for competition with the Need for Speed series.

Really? Forza 3 is a street racer?

Pretty sure it's PGR you have played not Forza...either that or you have no idea what you are talking about.

Might as well say "I traded NFS shift and my PS3 for Forza 3 and and Xbox," Only reason I'd get an xbox is for call of duty... it's an inferior machine when it comes to processing.

If you think Forza 3 is arcade compared to Gt5, you are in denial. Both have very good phyiscs. If you want *realism*, get Rfactor or Iracing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back